Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

305's on 18's

This is a discussion on 305's on 18's within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS Thats exactly what I run, the 275s in front, 295s in the rear. and you have ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Thats exactly what I run, the 275s in front, 295s in the rear.
    and you have no abs problems Y2k?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Correct. If the diameters aren't within a couple tenths of an inch of each other, the ABS will not like it.
    im gonna run a 265 up front so what the biggest tire you would say i should run in the rear so i have no abs worries. Thx for the knowledge btw
    Last edited by Smokaholik; 01-12-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: learning to multi quote

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    im gonna run a 265 up front so what the biggest tire you would say i should run in the rear so i have no abs worries. Thx for the knowledge btw
    The width alone doesn't matter. Its all about the overall diameter of the tire, which incorporates both width and aspect ratio. So a 265/40/18 is going to have a different overall height than a 265/45/18. what you need to do is go on the tire manufacturer's site and find the spec sheet, it will list the overall diameter for each tire they make so you can pick two that will be the same or very close to the same height.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

and you have no abs problems Y2k?
    Correct, its the difference in diameter that will cause ABS issues, not the width. If the diameter between the front and rear tires is off more than half an inch I believe, then you will run into ABS issues.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Ya didnt think the the width mattered. ok well went to mfgr's site and didnt help my wheel wasnt even on the spec site. but my fronts are 265/35/18 so i was thinkin about running 275/40/18, 275/35/18, 285/35/18 tire in the rear. Which would be a valid/good combo for no abs problems in ur opinion? or am i even close? Thx for once again for ur insight wesman and Y2kpewter.
    Ya didnt think the the width mattered. ok well went to mfgr's site and didnt help my wheel wasnt even on the spec site. but my fronts are 265/35/18 so i was thinkin about running 275/40/18, 275/35/18, 285/35/18 tire in the rear. Which would be a valid/good combo for no abs problems in ur opinion? or am i even close? Thx for once again for ur insight wesman and Y2kpewter.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Correct, its the difference in diameter that will cause ABS issues, not the width. If the diameter between the front and rear tires is off more than half an inch I believe, then you will run into ABS issues.
    i have the 265/35/18 tires for the front and my rear tires are badly shot so jus what would you think would be a good tire for my rear jus for no abs problems. know the rides prob going to suck because ill be running such a small sidewall but gotta match the fronts i have and times running thin. looking for all insight i can get so thx guys once again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information