Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

295 to much?

This is a discussion on 295 to much? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; the offset it 54mm....

  1. #21
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    the offset it 54mm.

  2. #22
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    295/35's on 18x10.5's. Had to beat the bejeesus out of the front part of the fenderwell with a BFH, and remove the bumpstop's, and grind the mounts.

    A bit of a PITA, but well worth it in the end!

  3. #23
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Iv been looking for 295 rear tires, and the cheapest ones are like $250-300. How much are yours, and where do u buy yours from?
    I got my wheels/tires together in a package deal, They are Sumitomos htz 2's. They run about $200 each for a z rated tire.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 12-10-2007 at 12:52 PM.

  4. #24
    Member 02bluez28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    129

    Blue
    2002 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Iv been looking for 295 rear tires, and the cheapest ones are like $250-300. How much are yours, and where do u buy yours from?
    Yeah... My plan was to get 295's on the rear soon But after pricing out the tires Ive decided to just get 275's all around. Its a big jump, 100-180 for a good 275 tire. once you get into 295's your lookin at least 250 each..

  5. #25
    Member MikeMoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    106

    Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

    So why do my 245's rub. Is it because I have the 16's.

  6. #26
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    So why do my 245's rub. Is it because I have the 16's.
    Do they rub in the back? Are they stock rims?

    If so your shocks could be worn/shot or maybe the rear is really off center??

  7. #27
    Member 02bluez28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    129

    Blue
    2002 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    So why do my 245's rub. Is it because I have the 16's.



    Na man, deff shouldnt be rubbing with those small stockers... you should have it looked at, this inst normal...

  8. #28
    Member MikeMoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    106

    Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Do they rub in the back? Are they stock rims?

    If so your shocks could be worn/shot or maybe the rear is really off center??
    Yea they have rubbed in back on stock rims I can see a little place that has had some of the black undercoat stuff worn off. Could have just been a time when the tires where really low, but it was fleet maintained by kansas highway patrol so I don't think that the tires would be that low.

    The shocks could be worn, i haven't changed them, but i haven't had the car long. The diff is centered perfect ally I have a adjustable PHB and have checked and centered it.

    Also how much does having 295's help over having 245's, b/c I have never really had a problem with traction but I do have an auto.

  9. #29
    Member 02bluez28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    129

    Blue
    2002 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    Yea they have rubbed in back on stock rims I can see a little place that has had some of the black undercoat stuff worn off. Could have just been a time when the tires where really low, but it was fleet maintained by kansas highway patrol so I don't think that the tires would be that low.

    The shocks could be worn, i haven't changed them, but i haven't had the car long. The diff is centered perfect ally I have a adjustable PHB and have checked and centered it.

    Also how much does having 295's help over having 245's, b/c I have never really had a problem with traction but I do have an auto.

    Is the car lowered?
    295's wont help at all but rather hurt an already bad situation. 245's are a thinner tire and therfore should not be rubbing anything. 295's at this point would only make it that much worse...

  10. #30
    Member MikeMoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    106

    Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

    I meant help with traction, over a 245

    No the car is not lowered. I don't think that it is a problem that I am experiencing anymore I just don't think that I could run a wider tire without having issues.

  11. #31
    Member 02bluez28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    129

    Blue
    2002 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    I meant help with traction, over a 245

    No the car is not lowered. I don't think that it is a problem that I am experiencing anymore I just don't think that I could run a wider tire without having issues.
    Oic, I should have my new 295 x 10.5 rims rear and 275's on the front on the car in few days. Ill let you know how much it helps with traction

  12. #32
    Crazy Canuck ! Eugenio_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, CANADA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,190

    triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

    i'm running 315s on all corners on both 17s (race) and 18s (street)
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •