Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20's on a TA

silver
    2000 WS6

20's on a TA

Hey guys. I know a lot of people hate it when guys put 20's on a trans am but i like it and i have decided i want to do it but i need some help on sizes. The wheels i am interested in are the Helo Tease wheels. They say they make these in 20x8.5 and 20x10 i was wanting to do tens on the back and 8.5s on the front but i heard they do not make the 10s in the bolt pattern for TAs. Anyways if i have to go with the 8.5s its cool but i need help with offset and tire width. I want to have a pretty good size lip on the outside of the wheel. anything anyone can help with i would appreciate it

The only time I saw a setup that had 20" rims that looked good was running 20" rears and 19" up front.
    With 20s on all four corners it just looks ghetto.
    I cant really help you with the offset you will need with 20" whells and tires so hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

thelug
    ummm wow i have seen it on a mustang but never a fbody any pics that would be interesting!

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

Can't help ya on the offset but helo tease wheels looks AWSOME i was so close to buying those but got a smokin deal on some paradymes that i couldn't pass up.

silver
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My buddy has 20's on his 96 ws6, took some cutting in the front but havent had a problem since. There are a few members that have 20's I believe, I opted for 19's to be different

NicolasKL
    Just say no.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

not my style, but put the rims you want on your car

Red
    1998 WS6

i hope ur not a white guy.

silver
    02 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

To each his own, I think they look pretty good, but obviously you will lose alot of performance (i.e. traction,etc.)

NBM
    99 TA

you will get alot of crap from ppl on the boards but you will get alot of compliments on the street. ive had 20s on my TA for a couple years now. they are 8 1/2 wide, but i want to get new ones that are 10 1/2 but it has to be a three piece wheel which means alot more money. im not sure about the offset but i have Enkie Kapones on and with good tires and right suspension set up you still get the traction.

silver
    2000 WS6

thats awesome I actually looked at the kapones a while back.. Do you have any pictures of your car with the twenties on it that you could post? What size and brand of tire did you go with and is your car lowered? how much a wheel did you end up paying for the kapones? any other information you could give that would be helpful? what kinda three piece wheel have you been looking at? where did you get yours put on at cause i live in missouri not too far from where you are from and i would rather have some plave do mine that has already done a set on a TA before

NBM
    99 TA

http://photos.yahoo.com/peterlawl
    theres some pics of the car with the 20s and yes i had to lower it because it looked lifted after i put the bigger wheels on. and yes there are some pics with spinners, i know that is something more people hate on here, but it was fun and for show for awhile.
    sumitomos or nittos are the two brands ive used. they both are pretty good. the tire size is 245 35 20. i got the wheels and tires for 3G a few years back. The place i had install them was muffler shop in lawrence. but KC Trends in kansas city is where im probably going to buy the other set once i get enough money. whereever you end up going just make sure they have put low profile tires on chrome wheels before because a place in wichita tried to fix a flat i had and screwed up the finish before they admitted that they had never done a 20 in wheel with low profile tires.
    i needed to get some hub centric rings for it too because the weight of the car was on the lug nuts instead of the hub and bending them alittle. but they are only like 15 bucks for the set.
    the 3 piece wheel im looking at is http://www.wtwcorp.com/gfg/wheels.ph...car&wbrand=gfg

silver
    2000 WS6

what about offsets and stuff like that

NBM
    99 TA

the kapones only come in one offset. i believe for a FWD car. but it does fit on trans ams. when i lowered the car i had to roll the fenders but i also didnt have an adj panhard rod. so make sure to get that also to realign your rearend when you lower it.

silver
    2000 WS6

I dont even know what that is what will that run me and where can i get it? also did you upgrade your brakes any? or do you ever have trouble with them with the 20s on if you didnt?

NBM
    99 TA

dont even know what what is? the adjustable panhard rod? you can get it from most companies that sell suspension parts. i got mine from UMI, but i hear the BMR ones are pretty good too. i have baer brakes on the car but you can use the stock brakes. i used to have powerslotted rotors on the front but i kept having problems with the brakes squeaking so i got new ones. i drive my car really hard though so you might be ok with stocks or other rotors. so far the baer ones have held up great for me.

silver
    2000 WS6

Sorry I have asked so many ?s man you have been really helpful its just noone has really doen this to their car so i dont really have anyone else to ask.. Thanks for all the help

NBM
    99 TA

its no problem. yea i kinda just had to trust the guy at the store when i did it. he said theyve done it to one other t/a and ive seen a couple mustangs around here with them. if you have anymore questions just let me know.
    if you are planning on adding alot more power then id suggest saving up and getting the 3piece ones so you dont have to buy 2 sets like i will. i thought id stop with the exhaust but i was way off...

silver
    2000 WS6

what kinda lowering springs did you use? did you replace shocks at the same time?

NBM
    99 TA

i using the eibach prokit springs with bilsteins shocks. i know there are alot better shocks out there, but my friend had this same set up on his WS6 so thats why i went with these shocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information