Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

20" rear wheel`

This is a discussion on 20" rear wheel` within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; anyone have a 20 x 10 rim in the back and 19x8.5 in the fronts. guy at the rime place ...

pewter
    99 trans am ws6

20" rear wheel`

anyone have a 20 x 10 rim in the back and 19x8.5 in the fronts. guy at the rime place was trying to sell me a setup like this. 275 in the back and i think a 235 in the front.

NBM
    99 TA

I run 20x10 (275) in the rear and 20x8.5 (245) in the front, its the stagger that the wheel shop I went to usually runs with 20"s.
    Havent heard the stagger you mentioned, 235 is narrower than stock though.

pewter
    99 trans am ws6

do you have any pics of your car

Black
    1999 Trans Am

20's are heavy 18's fill the wheel well just as nice and weigh less.

NBM
    99 TA

You will get alot of ppl talking you out of 20s on here and on tech, but run what you want.
    This is the 2nd set of 20s Ive had on the car and had compliments with both sets. Just make sure to lower the car, it looks wrong if its stock height.
    These are a couple pics the shop took, sorry not sure how to resize them.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah, I found there's two things that people seem to get the panties in a bunch over, big wheels, and body color wheels.

Neither one bothers me, I've got body color wheels(18s) on my Camaro.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by peterlawl84 View Post
    You will get alot of ppl talking you out of 20s on here and on tech, but run what you want.
    This is the 2nd set of 20s Ive had on the car and had compliments with both sets. Just make sure to lower the car, it looks wrong if its stock height.

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    First time I have seen 20's on an f body that did not look like poop

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    that looks sweet as hell!

NBM
    99 TA

Thanks for the compliments guys, guess the opinion is slowly changing over the past 6 yrs or so.
    Anyways, good luck with whatever combo you go with pewter

Oh and another thing to think about, if going with the big wheel, might want to get a big brake kit. My old wheels didn't show as much empty space as the TSW's do, so now the brakes look tiny. I am putting on the CTS-v brake kit as soon as I get everything. Still not sure what I want to do with the rears though.
    Last edited by peterlawl84; 03-05-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Black
    2002 WS6

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Whats the name of these rims. What's the size offset etc and place to get them. Do they rub. Cause I drive the hell out of my car

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveMD View Post
    Whats the name of these rims. What's the size offset etc and place to get them. Do they rub. Cause I drive the hell out of my car
    They are TSW Jarama's 20x8.5 and 20x10. There were several wheels designs from that company that I was considering and the rears all have a nice lip. I can't recall the offset off the top of my head, no issues with rubbing either and the car is lowered with prokit springs. I am pretty hard on my car also, and havent had any issues with them (I have had these on the car for almost a year now).
    I got them from KCTrends, a local shop here in KC. I'm sure you can go on their website and find vendors close to you.

Black
    2002 WS6

They are TSW Jarama's 20x8.5 and 20x10. There were several wheels designs from that company that I was considering and the rears all have a nice lip. I can't recall the offset off the top of my head, no issues with rubbing either and the car is lowered with prokit springs. I am pretty hard on my car also, and havent had any issues with them (I have had these on the car for almost a year now).
    I got them from KCTrends, a local shop here in KC. I'm sure you can go on their website and find vendors close to you.
    What size tires are you running? I went to TSW the have several nice rims. They even have one that looks like the famous CCW but it's not chrome.

white
    2000 Z28

i like meat on my wheels but with my rear wheel width, 10.5, they rubbed a lil bit til i pulled out the hammer. 10 “ wide shoulnt have problems though. the main problem with me and big wheels is that i notice road problems with the road with just 17s and 18s. i imagine it to be worse with less tire. i like comfortable ride on my dd and when the z is no longer a dd it will be raced. big wheels hurt performance.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveMD View Post
    What size tires are you running? I went to TSW the have several nice rims. They even have one that looks like the famous CCW but it's not chrome.
    245/35/20 fronts
    275/30/20 rears (will probably go with 285 or 295 with the next set, the shop wasnt sure about rubbing so they suggested 275 first)

And yes, everyone knows bigger wheels hurt performance, but I never go to the track and the car is still faster than most cars on the road...plus no matter how much you put into the car, there will always be one thats faster, so might as well go for what you like. Just my 2 cents.

pewter
    2001 ws6

i agree with him 100%

MTI clear lid ,Kook 1 7/8 LT header, Kook Y pipe Magnaflow cat back, BMR sub frame connector, trans cooler, 160 thermostat, DMH electric cut out, Comp Cam 230 234 115 lsa .60lb injectors, Magnacharger supercharged with water methanol injection, HP tuner. Tune by Matt at TTP Performance Little Fall NJ 530 RwHP-531 RWTQ.

2001 WS6 Transam convertible

Black
    2002 Trans Am

245/35/20 fronts
    275/30/20 rears (will probably go with 285 or 295 with the next set, the shop wasnt sure about rubbing so they suggested 275 first)

And yes, everyone knows bigger wheels hurt performance, but I never go to the track and the car is still faster than most cars on the road...plus no matter how much you put into the car, there will always be one thats faster, so might as well go for what you like. Just my 2 cents.
    Why dont we just name you the pioneer of 20"s on fbodies. Thanks for the springs again just had them put on and yes its screaming for the 20"s which are on the way, just ordered some nt555 245/35 and 285/30s and will post pics as soon as they are put on.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by nmartin View Post
    Why dont we just name you the pioneer of 20"s on fbodies. Thanks for the springs again just had them put on and yes its screaming for the 20"s which are on the way, just ordered some nt555 245/35 and 285/30s and will post pics as soon as they are put on.

haha, I have never tried to push people towards 20s, just think its ignorant that so many ppl jump all over someone when they say the want 20s. It can be done right with the right wheel, true alot of ppl have failed and put some horrible wheels on. But I feel that can be said with 16-19in wheels as well.

anyways, glad the springs worked out and hope you enjoy the new rims as well

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Why dont we just name you the pioneer of 20"s on fbodie
    Why dont we just name you the pioneer of GOOD LOOKING 20"s on fbody =] fixed it

White
    1998 Trans Am

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    I like the 20's on your car and would consider it on mine if I didn't beat on it so much, I burn through rear tires fast and the 18's are cheaper.I run 18's on mine because i like the extra tire for pot holes. My buddies car rode hard with his 20's and the lowering springs.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    Why dont we just name you the pioneer of GOOD LOOKING 20"s on fbody =] fixed it
    ha, thanks for the compliment guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I like the 20's on your car and would consider it on mine if I didn't beat on it so much, I burn through rear tires fast and the 18's are cheaper.I run 18's on mine because i like the extra tire for pot holes. My buddies car rode hard with his 20's and the lowering springs.

Price on tires just depend on the brand you get, but I agree usually 18s are cheaper. I use to burn through tires alot more, but I guess I'm not as aggressive as I was in high school...haha, guess my dad was right and age does show SOME maturity. And potholes suck with 20s, thats why I try to stay on the KS side and not go into MO with the t/a.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information