Thread: 18x8's up front

Black
    2005 GTO

18x8's up front

Anyone got any pics. Found a killer deal on 2 18x8 2 18x10 TT II's I've been thinking about swap my 17 for 18s for a while but the price has always detured me but now I may not be able to pass this deal up. Kind not sure how the 18x8's will look up front thats why I want to see some pics. Scrolled threw the wheels sticky but did't see any 18x8's.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Anyone got any pics. Found a killer deal on 2 18x8 2 18x10 TT II's I've been thinking about swap my 17 for 18s for a while but the price has always detured me but now I may not be able to pass this deal up. Kind not sure how the 18x8's will look up front thats why I want to see some pics. Scrolled threw the wheels sticky but did't see any 18x8's.
    if you do i call first dibs on your old ones if the price is right

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    if you do i call first dibs on your old ones if the price is right
    I will probably try and sell them locally first. The back wheels have brand new tires so I will probably won't remove those tire will sell them with the tires which will drive the shipping cost up. If no one local wants them I will keep you in mind.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

I will probably try and sell them locally first. The back wheels have brand new tires so I will probably won't remove those tire will sell them with the tires which will drive the shipping cost up. If no one local wants them I will keep you in mind.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Jon, I think we might have found the same deal, I too want to pick up the 18x8, 18x10 combo.. They want to know the backspacing though, I have no idea?!?

Does anyone know what backspace to go with for 18x8 and 18x10 TT2's ?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Why not 18x10's all around. You could get a wider tire in the back...I've seen someone with 18x10.5's all around. Or maybe that's not the look you are going for.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

18x10 with 285's all around would like killer, and still be able to rotate. I'd just prefer the 8" front to save money on tires, it doesn't look half bad either. Kinda mean looking because it will make the rears look that much bigger, almost like a drag set-up.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Selride View Post
    18x10 with 285's all around would like killer, and still be able to rotate. I'd just prefer the 8" front to save money on tires, it doesn't look half bad either. Kinda mean looking because it will make the rears look that much bigger, almost like a drag set-up.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Just wanted to mention the biggest you can go is 245 on an 8" rim. I have them right now and it really ain't that bad at all. Just throwing that out there. I really want to get these too, but I think I'm gonna have to pass and spend my money somewhere else. Z06's will cost almost half what tom is charging for these. It's gonna be a tough decision, i really like the lip on these things...

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

^^^ heard. If TT2's didn't come in 18's, I would probably have black chrome C6's on my car by now. People say they just look like dirty rims, but in person they have that deep luster that is gorgeous on a dark colored car.

Coy's wheels have a model that I really dig, but can't find any info on how to get them to fit a late model camaro. I called them up and they said it wouldn't fit, not even with spacers or anything. It's a shame, their design looks like a TT2 / TTM offspring but hella sexy:

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Well if that's what you are looking for then I'd check out the boyd coddington wheel line. The smoothie II's might be what your looking for...as well as others. Ultimately you do what you want with your car, if you want black rims, fine by me, but personally I'd only do black if I had a black car and was going for a black out kinda look.

http://www.billetwheel.com/Wheels%20by%20Series/Classic_Collection/Smoothie_II_(5-lug).jpg

However, it looks as though they don't come in a very wide rim.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Selride View Post
    Jon, I think we might have found the same deal, I too want to pick up the 18x8, 18x10 combo.. They want to know the backspacing though, I have no idea?!?

Does anyone know what backspace to go with for 18x8 and 18x10 TT2's ?
    I'm sure were all looking at the same deal just did't want to post a link to the site and to a non sposers sale.

I'm still not sure if i'm gonna jump on the deal, was just not sure about the 8's up front it would be like going back to stock wheels and tires as far as width. Then again it may handle better on the street as far as pulling left and right with any kind of inperfection in the road.

I thought about 18x10's all around but they said nothing about in the ad and I did't ask if they could do that. 18x10s all around with some 295's woud look killer.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well if that's what you are looking for then I'd check out the boyd coddington wheel line. The smoothie II's might be what your looking for...as well as others. Ultimately you do what you want with your car, if you want black rims, fine by me, but personally I'd only do black if I had a black car and was going for a black out kinda look.

http://www.billetwheel.com/Wheels%20by%20Series/Classic_Collection/Smoothie_II_(5-lug).jpg

However, it looks as though they don't come in a very wide rim.
    That is the 17x8. Check out lip on 17x10
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

Thread Information