Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Zaino Wimps

This is a discussion on Zaino Wimps within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Sarge I ain't using Zaino on my ass no more. so what do you think about a ...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I ain't using Zaino on my ass no more.
    so what do you think about a Meguiars paint cleaner/polish/Zymol wax combo ?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I've always used Zymol.....but the Zaino crybabies are making me crazy...so I'll give it a test.....just dont know what to order....
    Click for full size
    what

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I've always used Zymol.....but the Zaino crybabies are making me crazy...so I'll give it a test.....just dont know what to order....
    Click for full size
    what kind of hood scoop is that, who makes it?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

That is the Banshee hood.....Heat extractors in the rear and functional CAI through the front scoops....
    http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GT1234/GTEXT/...+Air+Hood.html

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well...won 1st in the Muscle Class at the big Military Appreciation Day car show today....many comments on the paint finish....have 5 coats on so far....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    so what do you think about a Meguiars paint cleaner/polish/Zymol wax combo ?
    As long as your not using the Zymol cleaner wax but the wax....should be good...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well...won 1st in the Muscle Class at the big Military Appreciation Day car show today....many comments on the paint finish....have 5 coats on so far....

Congrats btw

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

must have worked pretty darn good...........how many more coats you putting on ?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    must have worked pretty darn good...........how many more coats you putting on ?
    One more Z5 then Z6...then I'll do a Z2 and call it a day Does look good....

Silver/Black
    1995 Z28

Got my 4th and 5th coat of Z2/ZFX on today. The paint is talking to me.
    I will admit that Zaino is a lot of work but man it is worth it. Will be loaded on the trailer on Thursday morning for a weekend in Atlanta. It will be interesting to see if as many F Bodys show up this year due to gas prices. I usually take lots of pics so I will post them up when I get back.
    See ya,

Radome

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by radome View Post
    Got my 4th and 5th coat of Z2/ZFX on today. The paint is talking to me.
    I will admit that Zaino is a lot of work but man it is worth it. Will be loaded on the trailer on Thursday morning for a weekend in Atlanta. It will be interesting to see if as many F Bodys show up this year due to gas prices. I usually take lots of pics so I will post them up when I get back.
    I am going to try to make it to the F-body show

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

lets see some updated pics sarge!!!!!! so are u a zaniofag now?

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

One more Z5 then Z6...then I'll do a Z2 and call it a day Does look good....
    Congrats on getting 1st Place, Sarge! You should throw some pics up on here so we can check it out...

So what's the verdict? Are you sticking to Zaino from now on, and what are your overall impressions of it?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

haha.... I wonder how many people will go out and buy Zaino if Sarge says he'll keep using it. Sarge, get sponsored first...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    lets see some updated pics sarge!!!!!! so are u a zaniofag now?
    Is there something wrong with being a zainofag?

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    what ever happened to wax on....wax off?
    Yeah! This is all I've done over the years and my paint seemed to look ok. And a newb question I've finally built the courage to ask... What is Clay Bar anyway? I've seen it mentioned here over and over and all I can picture is some schmuck wiping some crappy rubber soil out of his garden all over his car.. Spare the laughter and enlighten me...

Here are some pics after a recent Kitten No1 session...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    And a newb question I've finally built the courage to ask... What is Clay Bar anyway? I've seen it mentioned here over and over and all I can picture is some schmuck wiping some crappy rubber soil out of his garden all over his car.. Spare the laughter and enlighten me...
    Directly from Zainos website, detailed info about claybar and what it does. Basically, it removes contaminents/debris from your paint that other cleaners/chemicals can't remove. Claybar is pretty much the same thing from brand to brand, with the exception of liquid claybar(waste of time).

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=19

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    haha.... I wonder how many people will go out and buy Zaino if Sarge says he'll keep using it. Sarge, get sponsored first...
    I've been on these boards for a long time. I was on the old SLP board back in the day with Ken the wolfman that makes any zaino junky you've ever met seem small time. Sal over at zaino has been sponsoring boards since way back when and has done a ton for people over the years. I would buy zaino even if it was just a mediocre polish.....the fact that it's a damn good polish is just a bonus for me. I'd do it just to support Sal. I've seen him do some pretty cool stuff for the car guys. Go ahead....email Sal yourself with some questions. I have money that says he responds in less than 24 hours. He's a great guy.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I've been on these boards for a long time. I was on the old SLP board back in the day with Ken the wolfman that makes any zaino junky you've ever met seem small time. Sal over at zaino has been sponsoring boards since way back when and has done a ton for people over the years. I would buy zaino even if it was just a mediocre polish.....the fact that it's a damn good polish is just a bonus for me. I'd do it just to support Sal. I've seen him do some pretty cool stuff for the car guys. Go ahead....email Sal yourself with some questions. I have money that says he responds in less than 24 hours. He's a great guy.
    I will back that up as well, every single time I have communicated with Sal, I get a response from him within 24 hours, even if its on a Sunday. He answers every single email he gets.

I know of 5 staff members here that use and encourage Zaino. We don't get anything from Sal or Zaino personally. Its just a damn good product, so we pass the word along.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    Yeah! This is all I've done over the years and my paint seemed to look ok. And a newb question I've finally built the courage to ask... What is Clay Bar anyway? I've seen it mentioned here over and over and all I can picture is some schmuck wiping some crappy rubber soil out of his garden all over his car.. Spare the laughter and enlighten me...

Here are some pics after a recent Kitten No1 session...

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Click for full size

clay bar is exactly that.....a bar of clay. You keep the paint wet and rub the bar on the car. It'll pick up stuff out of the paint you didn't even know was there. There used to be a test you could do but since no one smokes anymore ( myself included) you'd have to alter it a little bit. Take the cellophane off of a pack of smokes and stick 2 fingers in it. Rub it gently across your paint and feel all the little crap that's stuck in the paint. Clay bar the area and repeat the test. It'll be as smooth as sarges ass after an application of z-6.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information