black
    2000 camaro ss

yellow highway paint on my ss!!

guys-- Ive got fn yellow paint up the passenger side of my car ! Ive tried mineral spirts, nail polish remover,wd-40 and everything else around the house with no luck removing it. any thoughts? thanx

NBM
    99 TA

claybar?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Man i know its hard on your paint but I use the degreaser that you use right before you paint. It takes a lot of crap off.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Man i know its hard on your paint but I use the degreaser that you use right before you paint. It takes a lot of crap off.
    Could you provide a link or PM me what degreaser this is. I got some spray tint on my bumper that wont come off with alcohol. Any other thoughts on what to use and will not hurt the paint?

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

yellow paint

For the overspray take 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper and sand it off. Use water when you sand. The clear coat is 3 - 4 mls thick so there is plenty of
    paint. Just sand enough to remove the overspray. Then polish it back to the original luster. You will have to use 2 or 3 levels of polish to get to the final finish. On the yellow paint stay away from nail polish remover as it has acetone, which will eat the paint. If the yellow paint is from the city or county painting stripes, then contact them and find out the composition of the paint and then you can select the right reducer to remove it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Gershman View Post
    For the overspray take 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper and sand it off. Use water when you sand. The clear coat is 3 - 4 mls thick so there is plenty of
    paint. Just sand enough to remove the overspray. Then polish it back to the original luster. You will have to use 2 or 3 levels of polish to get to the final finish. On the yellow paint stay away from nail polish remover as it has acetone, which will eat the paint. If the yellow paint is from the city or county painting stripes, then contact them and find out the composition of the paint and then you can select the right reducer to remove it.
    Ah i was hoping not having to sand...im not very good at it ive learned.lol. How bout any removal products that wont hurt the paint?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Go to any local autobody store that sells PPG shopline brand. Its the same thing as reducer basically. Ive got like 2 gallons of it when I painted my hood. Grease and wax remover/ paint reducer.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks i just dont want to hurt the paint since i had my bumper touched up recently

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

contact your city and find out what asshole decided it would be a good ide to not put signs up or cones for wet paint.....then make their asses pay for the fix....seriously its their fault

black
    2000 camaro ss

thanks.. i have a 6'' strip of 3m clear bra down both sides of the car to keep sand and shit from fn up my paint and most of the paint is on it. when i try some of this stuff it seems to soften up the film and i dont really want to replace it . but i may have to . thanks again

Thread Information