window tint

This is a discussion on window tint within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; hey i was wondering what kind of window tint i should get.. i've seen the film stuff and it's alright. ...

red
    2000 camaro

Talking window tint

hey i was wondering what kind of window tint i should get.. i've seen the film stuff and it's alright. but, i've seen it peel and come off.. i was thinking maybe spray on tint? not really sure how much that usually runs. i was kind of wondering how it would look on my car too haha if anyone has pics of a 2000 camaro with 35%(only legal tint in my state) on door windows post it up and let me see what it looks like. i just might do it!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

stay the hell away from spray on window tint on your windows. Turn signals etc maybe alright but, you better have your windows professionally done with film unless you have a friend who can do them.

Your friend may be a professional and that is a good friend to have.....lol.
    Last edited by BIG GUNS; 08-03-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added text

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Agreed stay away from the spray.... just pay to have it done it is well worth it..

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    stay the hell away from spray on window tint on your windows. Turn signals etc maybe alright but, you better have your windows professionally done with film unless you have a friend who can do them.

Your friend may be a professional and that is a good friend to have.....lol.
    Definitely well worth the money to have it done by a pro. The film tint will most likely look flawless if done right. I got mine done for 175 and it looks great!

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Spray on doesnt look right on windows a guy around here had it done and he regrets doing it.

red
    2000 camaro

oh, well alright then haha. i wasn't sure which one was better seeing how i'm tint-tarded haha i just need some smoke black tint so i can keep the heat down when i drive and so that no one can see who's driving haha. plus it would be pretty funny to have my girlfriend drive and smoke some honda and them not even know that it was a woman driving hahahaha

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by plumpkibbles View Post
    oh, well alright then haha. i wasn't sure which one was better seeing how i'm tint-tarded haha i just need some smoke black tint so i can keep the heat down when i drive and so that no one can see who's driving haha. plus it would be pretty funny to have my girlfriend drive and smoke some honda and them not even know that it was a woman driving hahahaha
    well being a Va resident too.. 35% percent isn't going to hide you that well , but it will give you alot more privacy than having the clear glass
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

red
    2000 camaro

true.. very true.. i just hate how cops that i've seen basically have the 5% limo tint on all windows of their cruisers buuuuuuuut they pull my friend over for having his factory tinted (i think) at 17%.. lame -__- but i would like to have something to keep the heat down.. definitely would help during the summer; especially since i live in pure humidity! but i don't really know anywhere to get professional film work done in my area. in fact, i think i might have to go OUT of my area to get it done right - and about how much would that cost per window? or does it just vary on the places?

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

It would very on the place for price ... your best bet would be to call around and get some qoutes.

red
    2000 camaro

alright, that's what i figured. there's a guy that does really good body work where i live. the only thing is that there's a 2 month waiting period for anything right now. i'll have to call him and see if he can do window tint... if not, there's another guy that does "really good" tint around here too. i've been meaning to get the numbers but i haven't really thought about it too much. but definitely not getting the spray stuff now that you guys told me that. if it looks like crap then i don't want that on my car haha i'll keep you guys posted and see what i can find

Yep better stay away from spray. Getting a professional to do the job. I agree to all of them.

Thread Information