Window Tint

This is a discussion on Window Tint within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey guys, question for ya'll. I have tint on my two windows that I have to take off, do the ...

Black
    98 Camaro

Window Tint

Hey guys, question for ya'll. I have tint on my two windows that I have to take off, do the a stupid Iowa law. I want to do it myself, so what is the easiest way to peel off the tint.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 98camaro View Post
    Hey guys, question for ya'll. I have tint on my two windows that I have to take off, do the a stupid Iowa law. I want to do it myself, so what is the easiest way to peel off the tint.
    I've always found...the Pick a corner and Peel... method is really good...and then get some Windex and a light scrubbing sponge to get all the left over glue out...

it worked wonders for my friends Accord... but the tints where old and dried out... rear window was completely covered in glue though...and we got it all clean...

Red
    2000 SS

Where at in Iowa are you? I am from Perry, which is about 25 mins West of Des Moines.

I had tint on my old LT1 and got stopped a few different times. I got a ticket one and received warnings the other times. Last time I was stopped the guy told me to take it off. I told him I wasn't going to. It was too dark by 7%. How ridiculous is that? I see cars all them time in Iowa with dark tint and mine wasn't even that dark. I am going to be getting the windows tinted on my LS1 as well. It looks too plain without it. I am also being rebellious and not running a front plate. I got stopped several times for that with my old car.

Black
    98 Camaro

Im in southwest iowa..Massena is the name of the town. We are damn near right in the middle of Des Moines, and Omaha. I have gotten two tickets for tint, and one for license plate which is now on. Add those up and i have a moving violation. The eighty dollar ticket i got last night isnt worth my car looking cool i guess. At lease the state dick was nice about it!

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I've always found...the Pick a corner and Peel... method is really good...and then get some Windex and a light scrubbing sponge to get all the left over glue out...

it worked wonders for my friends Accord... but the tints where old and dried out... rear window was completely covered in glue though...and we got it all clean...
    Used same method and no glue or srcatches on your window.

white
    2002 z28

just remove to get the ticket removed for free- then get tinted again, just matters how much you like it. here in detroit they could care less. tint is not on top preoridty commarred to drug lords or murders

Black
    98 Camaro

I didnt get a fix it ticket..i got an actual fine.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I just peeled the tint off and used a Shark portable steam cleaner to get the glue off.

white
    2002 z28

off topic but, has anybody seen the show "uquie auto" and why do they appley the tint on the out side ( exterior)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    off topic but, has anybody seen the show "uquie auto" and why do they appley the tint on the out side ( exterior)
    I think that's just to shape the Tint...then they move it inside and take the plastic off to reveal the glue...(but that's just a guess)

white
    2002 z28

i posted this on other sites and they also seen what i saw, its true, they actually apppppley it. not sure why.

and also asked tinters they said the fitting is not that big of deal casue there will aways be trimming. maybe they know soemthing that other dont now.

or just rich people just keep cars for shot periods soo it doesnt matter

Thread Information