Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

Wide body kits!!

Does anyone know where to buy wide body kits for an 02 camaro ???? i've looked everywhere and cannot find them.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Company named Dynamic Designs...website is currently down, but should be back up later.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

6litereaterdesigns is also working on one as we speak.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    6litereaterdesigns is also working on one as we speak.
    I might be buying their splitter for my car. Good site IMO.

wow nice car in your avatar!!!!

Pewter
    2001 formula

i think thats grand turismo

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I might be buying their splitter for my car. Good site IMO.
    Good to hear . You'll love it, my wife loves it on her car. After I designed it an put it on she's like, "The car drives different now..." I was a little worried because the other GTO splitter out there causes BAD vibration at 80mph but I designed ours so there is NONE at all (well through 140mph that I have tested) but thought something had come loose...

I'm like, "What do you mean?" She says, "When I got on the highway this morning, I was going 90mph and didn't realize it... Normally the car feels "floaty" but it just felt like it was stuck to the road..." Pretty hot to hear her talk like that, lol...

I smiled and thought, "I'm a lucky man." Lol...

Anyways, Sommer should be posting up a splitter GP today and the GTO one will be included in it

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    Good to hear . You'll love it, my wife loves it on her car. After I designed it an put it on she's like, "The car drives different now..." I was a little worried because the other GTO splitter out there causes BAD vibration at 80mph but I designed ours so there is NONE at all (well through 140mph that I have tested) but thought something had come loose...

I'm like, "What do you mean?" She says, "When I got on the highway this morning, I was going 90mph and didn't realize it... Normally the car feels "floaty" but it just felt like it was stuck to the road..." Pretty hot to hear her talk like that, lol...

I smiled and thought, "I'm a lucky man." Lol...

Anyways, Sommer should be posting up a splitter GP today and the GTO one will be included in it
    Question/s.. What exactly makes your splitter different than others?... I'm no professional by any means but all I see is a flat piece of plastic.. Not trying to be an ass just curious is all.. Is it adjustable? Sounds like serious handling characteristic changes get made. Does it create or take away any down force?
    If so what are the effects on suspention parts, tire wear, and the area it's mounted to? Just asking..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-10-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Question/s.. What exactly makes your splitter different than others?... I'm no professional by any means but all I see is a flat piece of plastic.. Not trying to be an ass just curious is all.. Is it adjustable? Sounds like serious handling characteristic changes get made. Does it create or take away any down force?
    If so what are the effects on suspention parts, tire wear, and the area it's mounted to? Just asking..
    Comparing ours to Kircher Splitter (only other one out there for your car):

His is laser cut. Leaves a rainbow effect on the pertroleum in the ABS, also must not have the laser correct because the one I bought and others I have seen look like they were "recut" with a router/grinder creating a wavy edge (something even my wife noticed and didn't like, hence me designing one).

Ours is waterjet cut so no distortion/perfect symmetry and is also available with a beveled edge.

His bolt pattern is just really odd. I think it is a major contributor to the vibrations.

Ours is symmetrical and placed in such a pattern to evenly distribute the weight.

His ABS is a cheaper quality. It is very "rigid" so to speak. It is the same thickness but feel thinner if that makes sense. Kind of feels like it is dried out or something. This may also have to do with the vibration, I don't know.

Ours are all made to order so the plastic isn't sitting around anywhere and we use expensive stuff. My COST is more than his shipped price. I honestly don't have a clue how he does it for the price he does...

Finally, our hardware is just a lot more "serious". We use all M8 stainless bolts and hardware to make sure it isn't going anywhere AND pressure is distributed equally.

As far as wear and tear there is none. It basically keeps the suspension loaded at higher speeds just due to down force. I'm not the best at all the technical aspects of it, but here's a video I made as a joke for another forum (it is referring to "The Simpsons" and the fact I'm an actor for a living) HOWEVER the physics are real...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk15OKB7qAs[/ame]

NBM
    1998 Z28

^^Just saw the person I quoted has a Camaro... FYI I am the ONLY person who makes splitters for F-Bodies. There is one other person who makes them for GTOs...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Comparing ours to Kircher Splitter (only other one out there for your car):

His is laser cut. Leaves a rainbow effect on the pertroleum in the ABS, also must not have the laser correct because the one I bought and others I have seen look like they were "recut" with a router/grinder creating a wavy edge (something even my wife noticed and didn't like, hence me designing one).

Ours is waterjet cut so no distortion/perfect symmetry and is also available with a beveled edge.

His bolt pattern is just really odd. I think it is a major contributor to the vibrations.

Ours is symmetrical and placed in such a pattern to evenly distribute the weight.

His ABS is a cheaper quality. It is very "rigid" so to speak. It is the same thickness but feel thinner if that makes sense. Kind of feels like it is dried out or something. This may also have to do with the vibration, I don't know.

Ours are all made to order so the plastic isn't sitting around anywhere and we use expensive stuff. My COST is more than his shipped price. I honestly don't have a clue how he does it for the price he does...

Finally, our hardware is just a lot more "serious". We use all M8 stainless bolts and hardware to make sure it isn't going anywhere AND pressure is distributed equally.

As far as wear and tear there is none. It basically keeps the suspension loaded at higher speeds just due to down force. I'm not the best at all the technical aspects of it, but here's a video I made as a joke for another forum (it is referring to "The Simpsons" and the fact I'm an actor for a living) HOWEVER the physics are real...

Thank you! The reasons I ask is I have a few cars.. One of which has a splitter built into the front and it's an inverted airfoil. It pulls the front of my car down @ higher speeds. In the spring I'll be finalizing one project and starting another. I will prolly be in touch in a month or so (possibly spring) for a custom cut splitter for my tuner project, at which time I will have a blue print of what I'm wanting.. Thank you for the quick responce..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-10-2009 at 10:39 AM.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Thank you! The reasons I ask is I have a few cars.. One of which has a splitter built into the front and it's an inverted airfoil. It pulls the front of my car down @ higher speeds. In the spring I'll be finalizing one project and starting another. I will prolly be in touch in a month or so (possibly spring) for a custom cut splitter for my tuner project, at which time I will have a blue print of what I'm wanting.. Thank you for the quick responce..
    No problem! Yeah, anything you can get to us in a jpg with dimensions we can convert to dfx and cut for you on our waterjet from most any material....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

No problem! Yeah, anything you can get to us in a jpg with dimensions we can convert to dfx and cut for you on our waterjet from most any material....
    Thank you. I WILL definetly keep you in mind for my current project, and others in the near future..

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

^^ Lol, god I love the 6LE instructional videos, lol.

Splitter and valance groups purchase info going up later today!

Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

i went to the site but i couldnt find any wide body kits. can someone give me a link plz ??

Thread Information