Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Smile White SS, Black Flames/??? ideas

okay i got this idea to have black flames painted or air brushed on! i think this would look really good seeing as half the car is black already? i dunno any ideas? pics thanks

white
    2002 z28

if i was you i would get someone to photoshop some flames for you first and if you still like them i would go with viynal first just bC there just stickers and not permonmnet. AND CHEAP. then go with the paint.

im right there with you but with some side stripes, cants decide what the heck i want

good luck

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Feel free to copy my flames. They are painted on and is more or less outlines that are faded from the red. I think I have some that are more close up.
    Attachment 13402

Attachment 13403
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 07-24-2007 at 06:53 PM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Feel free to copy my flames. They are painted on and is more or less outlines that are faded from the red. I think I have some that are more close up.
    Attachment 13402

Attachment 13403
    nice i like them! a camaro front end i think looks a lot different i kinda wanted them to start closer to the front, like the whole front bumber being almost all black, i dunno? i got this image in my head, i just gotta go to a good body shop around here and put it on paper and start with that, but i do like the syle of flames on yours,

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Yeh, camaros don't have the mean WS6 snorkles to start from. I think you have a great layout idea and it should look awsome when done. I would still use the long trailing flames because they fit the cars so well. I've seen a few that had traditional style hotrod flames and they don't have the look of movement well standing still like mine does. I have a friend with an 02 SS and he doesn't even like flames. But after seeing mine he's changed his mind about them, especially on these f bods. You could also have them paint it in a pearl white, or black pearl and it would be more like ghost flames if you wanted to be alittle more suttle. I thought that doing more than just the outlines would have over done it on my car. Thats why we never pinstripped the edges of the flames.
    Attachment 13412

Attachment 13413

I can do a sketch for you. Just give a few days that way you can have something to take to the body shop. You will be able to print it out and play with colors.
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 09-01-2007 at 11:32 AM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah that would be great. thanks

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Here is the hood sketch so far. I'm still working on the side design. You could have them spray the outline (like mine) in a black pearl. Then it will be pretty unnoiticed until the sun hits it. If you use pearl then I think I would pinstripe around it with a red or blue to help it pop if needed. That way you won't have to paint your bumper, but with the design I sketched you could almost get away with the orange like I did.
    Attachment 13453

I just realized you car is white. Now you have something to make a few copies with and get the trusty markers to try out some colors. I think using black you may need to fade out to another color on the tips of the flames.

white
    2002 z28

well more thing to add and long shot but to see a good idea buy that wash off paint for cars finish and get some stencils to make your effect. when is cleared your stuck with it soo

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

That's why he's doing his homework first. Also your not stuck with them. To quote my friend that ownes Killer Paint in washington. " It's just paint" you can undo it. Just repaint it. If and when mine get enough rock chips that's what I'm doing. Repainting it. When done propperly you and most everyone else will love them. Stickers are for rice rockets. Not muscle cars. Paint is also alot lower maintenance then stickers that will eventually start to peel off. If your wondering I spent over 5 years doing body and paint. So yes I do alot myself.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

that looks so sick, i love the way the flame is right before the scoop, there is a lot of creativity involved and i think a ss or ws6 would have a lot more WOW factor to work with. like incorporating the scoop into the desighn of the flames, i dunno i saw this boat this weekend and i almost got into an accident lol, it was i swear artic white with silver flames, light silver with a little metallic and i think like a darker silver pinstriping, it was so sick, i loved it so much i think i may do silver flames!

by the way your drawing helps a lot! thanks a bunch,

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I spent alot of time to get the flames to flow and accent the already nice body lines. I didn't want to take the center flame over the scoop because it didn't look as good with the broken/ skipped lines of the flame over the scoop opening. That's also why I used a single flame lick following the lines of the edges of the scoops. Not detracting and to help it look alittle meaner. I am still working on the side design. I think the silver would look awsome.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yea i think so too, i dont know if i wanna put some metallic into it or not? ive been looking all over like google images and stuff for ideas of paint schemes!

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Here is what I've come up with for the sides. My boss and I google searched camaro with flames and came up with quite a bit. Any picture will help with ideas.

Attachment 13480

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

go navy blue metallic, with the outters of the flame in a ghost pearl/ siler looks real clean.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

love the drawing, looks so sick, i can just imagine the whole front of the car engulfed in flames, like the whole bumper and some of the hood and fenders on fire, looks sick, thats exactly what i was llooking for, something that makes a good portion of the car a different color, i wonder if i could get a silver front bumper cover off a car and have them take that color and work the flames from that? probably wouldnt work huh?

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

You could do that. But you will have to compare prices of a silver bumper cover that may need to be atleast recleared vs painting what you've got. The layout of the sketchs are similar to my car's layout, because it's what makes the car not breaks it. I've seen pics of these cars with the trational hot rod style flames going all the way to the bottom of the doors and I think it took away from the look of the car. These cars have long flowing lines and the flames need to flow with them. It would be really easy to over do it on these cars and they don't need much to go from an aggressive look to the just mean and nasty look.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i hear you on that! this is why i like your drawings i have been messing with them on paint all the time trying to see what goes and doesnt go! so far i cant make up my mind, lol

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I think coming up with the design was the easy part. I'm with ya on the hard part starts now with picking colors. You could also use two different shades of silver, one fading into the other. That would look good also. I think it was a little easier with red since yellow fadded into orange tips worked and looked the best.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

im still thinking i think maybe silver into a little black at the tips, i dunno

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

flames??? i wouldnt put flames on a camaro, they just dont fit the car. Ive seen a few with them on and i bet you will get tired of looking at them. makes them look kinda cheesy, not american muscle. Ghost falmes are different though, they look good cause you cant see them all the time. you look at the car.... then at a certain angle ur like does that have fames on it? if anything get some raceing stripes WAY better looking. just my opinion though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information