Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where can I find a Formula 1 like wing for a '99 Camaro?

This is a discussion on Where can I find a Formula 1 like wing for a '99 Camaro? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by nighthawk355x Plus...most people would be too nice to walk up to someone and say their wing looks ...

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk355x View Post
    Plus...most people would be too nice to walk up to someone and say their wing looks like garbage.
    no BS i do that all the time. i have no prob tellin people what i think

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Viperr13 View Post
    I've noticed most people in these forms don't like anything unique. if it doesn't look like a stock Camaro or Firebird they don't like. it seems the only thing they will tolerate is new wheels and maybe some vinyl stripes. well some of us don't want our cars to look like something you just drove off the showroom floor. now personally I like the wing. it's funny the way all these guys cry rice you would think they are over 60
    It's not so much like we're over 60, as much as we're over 16. Different is great, I hate stock looking cars. TASTELESS is another matter entirely. Many people have absolutely NO idea how to make a car look tasteful. Maybe next you'd add some chrome or gold trim, spinners, maybe some tape to cover the top half of the headlight and make the car look "angry"?? And hey, maybe some mirror red tint and some red headlights to accent the color of the car! And why not powdercoat the rims chrome-green?! THAT would be really "unique"!

The car has rounded lines, the wing is boxy...need I say more? It'd take a 5 year old to realize you cant put a square peg in a round hole. The stock wing on that car has a curve to it...there's NO ROOM or place for another wing on top of it; it's integrated into the lines of the car. If it was a boxy car WITHOUT a wing maybe it'd have a very slim possibility of pulling off this look, but it's not and it doesn't. Why not put an erector set wing on an existing 98-02 Trans Am wing that's already 3" high? By your logic that'd look damn AMAZING too! Adding a wing on top of a wing is f*cking disgusting, PERIOD. Originality isn't the problem, stupidity is.

And there's also an old saying, "If it ain't broke..." F-bodies have better styling than almost ANY cars on this earth, they don't need much to look good. Hence the logic of most of the forum. Take a stock f-body, drop it a bit, tint it, add a hood(if it doesn't have one), and some rims and you have sex on wheels!

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

well put!!!

Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    no BS i do that all the time. i have no prob tellin people what i think
    Yea me either...that's what usually gets me in trouble. People don't like the criticism...they always piss and cry when I tell them their car looks f*cking dumb(because they know I'm right). And so far the only people who ever argue with me are the ones with NO TASTE. I've had many people who are very hard to impress tell me I have a decent eye for styling on cars, especially since modding cars is pretty much the ONLY thing on my mind 24/7. I've also come up with tons of "unique" modding ideas for cars that don't look like sh*t(like my soon to be patented 4th gen gauge pod)...other people should try doing the same.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thread is old so its being closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information