Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What percent tint?

This is a discussion on What percent tint? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; So basically get a medical excuse and get whatever you want. Lol...

Impounded
    So basically get a medical excuse and get whatever you want. Lol

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I like %35 myself. %20 is ok too but any darker than that looks ghetto imo.

black
    2001 Trans Am

On Dragonbird 1 (99 T/A) I went TN legal which is 35% It looked really good and I really liked it at night cause it helped to cut down on the glare from those who have a bad habit of tailgating me, lol. As far as what Dragonbird 2 ('01 T/A) has, I have no clue, but I can tell the tint is darker than DB 1's was, which was very strange considering it was a Virginia car and as far as I know you're not allowed to tint your windows at all in VA. Sometimes being able to see backing up at night is a problem, but I just walk around the car so I know my distance from everything, B4 getting in to back up But like some of the others on here are saying, if you can get a doctors statement, then go as dark as you want

2000 Camaro B4C

i went with 20 all around and im very pleased with it...also the quality of the tint plays a factor too. the cheap stuff will not hold up as well as a quality film

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

In NY if u have anything lower then the factory 85% tint on the front two windows you will get pulled over and a ticket i had a grand am before the T/A that had 10% on it i think i got 5 tickets in like 5 years with the car..when the cops have 2 get there quarter in at the end of the month they will nail you for all the little stuff...there was a cop that used to park his car right at the stop sign before entering my college he would stadnd in the middle of the street and just point at 4 cars in a row pulled us all over for any kind of tint on the windows its pathetic!

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 02blckws6 View Post
    In NY if u have anything lower then the factory 85% tint on the front two windows you will get pulled over and a ticket i had a grand am before the T/A that had 10% on it i think i got 5 tickets in like 5 years with the car..when the cops have 2 get there quarter in at the end of the month they will nail you for all the little stuff...there was a cop that used to park his car right at the stop sign before entering my college he would stadnd in the middle of the street and just point at 4 cars in a row pulled us all over for any kind of tint on the windows its pathetic!
    thats terrible, i live in NY as well and i never have gotten pulled over for tint itself....actually tint has saved me twice from getting speeding tickets. I got nailed for 49 in a 35 and 68 in a 55 and the officers opted to give me tint tickets both times rather than speeding.
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

What's the price difference between those two tickets?....and your response to how they saved you wasn't what I was expecting to read

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    thats terrible, i live in NY as well and i never have gotten pulled over for tint itself....actually tint has saved me twice from getting speeding tickets. I got nailed for 49 in a 35 and 68 in a 55 and the officers opted to give me tint tickets both times rather than speeding.
    Sometimes, it does work in your favor to have the cops give you an option on which ticket to get. I've had things like that before, such as, "Do you want a ticket for reckless driving, speeding, or no taillights?" I said, I'll take the no taillights sir (fuse had blown), and he said, "good choice."

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    What's the price difference between those two tickets?....and your response to how they saved you wasn't what I was expecting to read
    no matter what the price difference, a tint ticket isn't going to affect a person's insurance rates.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

In NY there are town cops county and state i got a few from nassau that were i think 100 bucks but i got one from a town that had there own police i think that was 125 its whenever they have to get there qaurter in at the end of the month is hwne u ahve to watch out...my car was black with black ass windows and 18inch chrome wheels that kinda attracted attention at night with the lights i had on the car 2 so im kindahappy i dont have 2 deal with that anymore!

Impounded
    well if it doesnt affect insurance...im going 5%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information