Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What The F***!?!

This is a discussion on What The F***!?! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Tonik You're right, but it was a cheap paint job (less than 1000) so I really cant ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    You're right, but it was a cheap paint job (less than 1000) so I really cant complain too much... I knew it wasn't show car quality. I've already started saving... but it will probably be a while before I can get it repainted, Moving to a new apartment soon and that's NEVER cheap.

Thanks
    $1000 or $5000 or whatever. The price doesn't mean they can take shortcuts!

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

man i know how you feel. that shit happened to me TWICE! the first time someone fucked up my rear bumper in the mall parking lot. about 2 months later i was delivering some inspections to a abstract company and some dumbass backed into my front bumper. it would have been worth the damage to catch the bastards doing it

BlacK
    2001 WS6

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't use flexible primer before applying the paint.
    I was told for rubber and plastic a different primer has to get used.

Come to think of it, in your pics, I don't see where they used ANY primer, looks like you can see the bumper itself wherever there isn't any paint.

2000pontiac6
    Damn man that sucks! Is there an paint left from the other persons car???? that would be the first thing i'd look for. Chances are its an suv if u see any paint on ur car that could have been from their car go look for it. It sucks tho because a lot of suvs have like tho plastic bumpers that dont have paint

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

yeah pretty much depends on the shop... most will take shortcuts and go the less work route unless you know the ppl doing to work. it's hard to find good work nowadays

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Sounds to me like they've decided to change parking spots till the heat is off them man. I'd go back there after you've been moved out for alil Q&A. This really makes me mad hearing this story. But just remember, you can always do worse to their car since you don't live there anymore to begin w/. Sorry, I just freak out and sometimes go overboard when it comes to my car!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Similar incident happened to me last summer, at a B-day party some dumbass drank too much and backed into my car.....then passed out! Couple of guys tell me my car alarm is going off, I went out to just shut it off and see all these girls standing by my car yelling at some guy in a truck so I shut it off as I am walking over there then I realize they are yelling at him because the basturd backed into my car........his rear bumper was still ontop of my rear bumper. He woke up and began to cuss me for hitting his truck. That was the last straw,...needless to say I worked him over for a few minutes then started his truck and pulled it up in front of a light pole in the lot, proll only 5-10ft away and mashed the gas giving him a little something to think about tomorrow. I thought about backing up and ramming his truck into it again but it kinda hurt my clavicle from the seat belt so I said fuck it and left it there. as I was pulling out of the lot the truck started steaming from the hood, I hope he had to replace his radiator the basturd. I still cant beleive he was cussing me when he hit MY CAR! If I was you, I would catch them in the act, try to talk it out, if not then beat that ass!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    I still cant beleive he was cussing me when he hit MY CAR! If I was you, I would catch them in the act, try to talk it out, if not then beat that ass!
    x2...

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

Similar incident happened to me last summer, at a B-day party some dumbass drank too much and backed into my car.....then passed out! Couple of guys tell me my car alarm is going off, I went out to just shut it off and see all these girls standing by my car yelling at some guy in a truck so I shut it off as I am walking over there then I realize they are yelling at him because the basturd backed into my car........his rear bumper was still ontop of my rear bumper. He woke up and began to cuss me for hitting his truck. That was the last straw,...needless to say I worked him over for a few minutes then started his truck and pulled it up in front of a light pole in the lot, proll only 5-10ft away and mashed the gas giving him a little something to think about tomorrow. I thought about backing up and ramming his truck into it again but it kinda hurt my clavicle from the seat belt so I said fuck it and left it there. as I was pulling out of the lot the truck started steaming from the hood, I hope he had to replace his radiator the basturd. I still cant beleive he was cussing me when he hit MY CAR! If I was you, I would catch them in the act, try to talk it out, if not then beat that ass!
    Haha, that is a great story!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^^ yea lol

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

you're my new hero

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

hell you could probly buy a painted bumper for a fair price

Black
    '99 SS

Well I reckon the whole paint job is shoddy work... I have a few missed spots, some fiberglass on the hood that should have been bondo'd before painting and a few spots of chipping paint. I reckon I'll end up taking the money I've been saving up for my "511ci LSx project" and taking it to a professional shop about 30 minutes from here. Usually it should be "go before show" but my car looks pretty f***ed up right now. (Which is why I didn't go to the Dallas/Ft. Worth meet on the 10th)

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Have you called the police to report a hit and run? I would. Maybe someone else there has had the same thing happen. They might be able to help figure out who the jackass is.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

see i believe in "show before go"

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am having this same problem (to a lesser degree). I went out to my car a couple weeks back and looked at my back bumper and there were 3 huge 2 ft long scratches on it!!!! MF!! Its these little bastard kids around my neighborhood. I just know one of them leaned their bicycle on the back of my car. They have no respect for vehicles because one day I looked over at them and they were standing on the hood of their parents car!! I thought "o they are gonna get their asses beat if their folks come outside and see that". I walked 2 steps and to my surprise there was the little brats mother watching them not saying shit!!! I also caught them with bb guns one day and the parents didnt say anything. I told them straight up " yo bb guns around my car is out of the question". I actually bought a camera and have it hooked to a vcr in case anymore bs happens to my car. I think its rediculous but what else could I do?? The camera cost $90 which is much cheaper then painting my car. I usually only run the camera when they get out of school in the afternoon. Makes me wish I had a kid that I could use for protection LOL. Next time they scratch my car---boom gottem on tape!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

way to protect urself, like u said it's cheaper than painting ur car.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

you should get some award for this! i hate people that do shit like this i only had my H3 for a few months and found a dent in my drivers door. i beleive i would have killed someone even if they stayed to tell me.

bad thing is i alway park in what me and the wife call "Heart heathly parking" in the back of any lot away from the idiots but most of the time we come out and find 1-2 cars parked next to us! don't they realize i park out there to keep them away from my ride!

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

So, at about 5:30am this morning I get woken up by my car alarm. I run outside and downstairs (damn near naked - It was f***in cold) to find this...

Click for full size

... which is a continuation of...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...963#post580963

... So tomorrow morning I plan on being up bright and early at 5:00am and seeing who all is leaving for work about then. What would ya'll do? I'm thinking about heading up to a collision center and getting a quote to hand to them. If not that, maybe a rock through the window to even it out.
    dude sorry to hear! but.....
    your i texas can't you legally kill some one for less?
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Its a flea-male thing man.

So, at about 5:30am this morning I get woken up by my car alarm. I run outside and downstairs (damn near naked - It was f***in cold) to find this...

Click for full size

... which is a continuation of...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...963#post580963

... So tomorrow morning I plan on being up bright and early at 5:00am and seeing who all is leaving for work about then. What would ya'll do? I'm thinking about heading up to a collision center and getting a quote to hand to them. If not that, maybe a rock through the window to even it out.
    I would be willin to bet you a dollar to a donut that it was a FE-MALE that hit your ride man .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information