Results 1 to 17 of 17

What is the deal with these cars?

This is a discussion on What is the deal with these cars? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; What are the gray colored rear bumpers on some Trans Ams? Where can you purchase them. I like the way ...

  1. #1
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    What is the deal with these cars?

    What are the gray colored rear bumpers on some Trans Ams? Where can you

    purchase them. I like the way they look, but probably wont spend the

    money on it since I just spent 6500.00 at Lingenfelter.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    put there 350ci package on your car aye? what did u put down on the dyno?

  3. #3
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    well I put the 1500 dollar downpayment down, I am taking it in this Monday. Right now it has, K&N, Whisper lid, MAF, Borla, 4.10 gears. It dynoed at 351.8 RWHP and 352.6 RWT with those mods. I am looking for some serious numbers.

  4. #4
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    put there 350ci package on your car aye? what did u put down on the dyno?
    350ci package? what???? explain more please im confused as hell

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    Professional degreeing of camshaft 224/228 114
    Lingenfelter Stage 2 cylinder heads
    LPE valve springs and lightweight valve spring retainers
    Over sized stainless steel intake/exhaust valves
    Three angle valve job, set correct spring tensions & heights
    Custom Competition Cams hydraulic roller camshaft
    Oil pump modification
    Ported and polished throttle body
    MSD 8.5 MM spark plug wires
    NGK TR55 spark plugs
    Kooks Stainless long tube exhaust headers
    High flow catalytic converters and Y pipe
    Rollmaster timing chain set
    All necessary gaskets, bolts and fluids
    Professional installation, testing and LS1 Edit tuning
    LS6 Intake Manifold

  6. #6
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    oh holy shit. thats alot of work, i thought he meant like boring the engine to 350... thats why i was like wtf? sorry for the dumb question

  7. #7
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    NOT a dumb question at all, this stuff is confusing sometimes.

  8. #8
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    well i appreciate the response. i love learnin about this stuff everyday

  9. #9
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ericosu84 View Post
    Professional degreeing of camshaft 224/228 114
    Lingenfelter Stage 2 cylinder heads
    LPE valve springs and lightweight valve spring retainers
    Over sized stainless steel intake/exhaust valves
    Three angle valve job, set correct spring tensions & heights
    Custom Competition Cams hydraulic roller camshaft
    Oil pump modification
    Ported and polished throttle body
    MSD 8.5 MM spark plug wires
    NGK TR55 spark plugs
    Kooks Stainless long tube exhaust headers
    High flow catalytic converters and Y pipe
    Rollmaster timing chain set
    All necessary gaskets, bolts and fluids
    Professional installation, testing and LS1 Edit tuning
    LS6 Intake Manifold
    Wow thats like a whole new toy, tell me how that goes... how long will it take them to install all this?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    i have the 383 package and my dyno from lpe only shows 395 rwhp and 399 rwtq ..still have stock exhaust manifolds on her though and that dyno was with 0 miles on the car ...was sent to lpe when brand new.....so there charging ya 6500 minus the lid/borla

  11. #11
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    they need the car for 5 days, it is at 351 RWHP 352 RWT right now so I dont see 420-430RWHP being that hard with what they are going to do to it.

  12. #12
    Story of My Life!! BIG D's SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Commerce Ga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,995

    Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

    That is the bad thing my buddy with a cam, headers, lid, and a catback made 415 rwhp. Hell if put heads on his car it would jump up a lot.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by ericosu84 View Post
    they need the car for 5 days, it is at 351 RWHP 352 RWT right now so I dont see 420-430RWHP being that hard with what they are going to do to it.
    just telling u what my dyno says from LPE after that last owner spend 22k on the car there..lol ....goodluck

  14. #14
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    25

    silver
    00 WS6

    Lingenfelter

    well my car made 454 RWHP and 390 RWTQ with 410's

  15. #15
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Quote Originally Posted by ericosu84 View Post
    What are the gray colored rear bumpers on some Trans Ams? Where can you purchase them.
    You can't. You simply tape it off, scuff it up, & spray paint the color of your choice.

    It's referred to as the CETA mod. (Collector Edition Trans Am. The 2002 yellow cars had them painted satin black from the factory that way.

  16. #16
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    You can't. You simply tape it off, scuff it up, & spray paint the color of your choice.

    It's referred to as the CETA mod. (Collector Edition Trans Am. The 2002 yellow cars had them painted satin black from the factory that way.
    what he said

  17. #17
    dot COM EVL LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    GEORGIA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    548

    two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

    www.evlls1.com/ls1.html there's a write up somewhere on there =) but yeah you can 'purchase' it at your local paint store lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
  2. Cars, Cars, Cars (Yard Full)
    By SHines-IT in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
  3. Real Deal Guys! RPO codes For Our Cars!
    By rbob93 in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 05:06 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:45 PM
  5. What is the deal with these cars?
    By ericosu84 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •