Results 1 to 15 of 15

What color intake

This is a discussion on What color intake within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Looking for some help with the color of my LS6 intake that will go into my 99Z. All opinions welcome. ...

  1. #1
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    What color intake

    Looking for some help with the color of my LS6 intake that will go into my 99Z. All opinions welcome. I am trying to decide between gloss black or pewter (just to add another color).

    Here is what I am working with.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Gloss black. Adding another color isn't always a good idea. I like to stick to 2 colors. Plus you have nothing else on the car that is pewter that I can see.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  3. #3
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    I don't have anything else pewter. I was just thinking how it would look with the F.A.S.T, which is a grayish color. Not that I want to draw all the attention to the intake.

  4. #4
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    I painted my FAST to look like a stock LS1/LS6 intake.

  5. #5
    I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deland FL
    Posts
    390

    Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

    I'd either do a silver that would match your afterthoughts auto air lid decal or a gloss black. Red is too hard to match and would be too much. Pewter is out of the question. Its a pretty color, but you haven't used it anywhere under the hood that I can see.

    BTW you can get your drivers side FRC to sit better than that as well. AIR usually gets in the way..

  6. #6
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettekid82 View Post
    I'd either do a silver that would match your afterthoughts auto air lid decal or a gloss black. Red is too hard to match and would be too much. Pewter is out of the question. Its a pretty color, but you haven't used it anywhere under the hood that I can see.

    BTW you can get your drivers side FRC to sit better than that as well. AIR usually gets in the way..
    The silver you have is what gave me the idea of another color. I have already removed the AIR and EGR just haven't updated the pics. Thanks for the feedback.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    92
    A gloss black will be a nice choice. It matches many of your car parts. Just my 2 cents



    _____________________
    Blog to read: Autopartswarehouse

  8. #8
    Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fresno Ca
    Posts
    2,228

    LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

    gloss black

  9. #9
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    glass black

  10. #10
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to go with the gloss black. I will post the pics when it is installed.

  11. #11
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    wow, silver would look cool, BUT with all the acents being black/red i'd say gloss black and paint the air-deck while you're at it, bro!

    might i toss these in the mix? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91702
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 07-24-2008 at 12:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wow, silver would look cool, BUT with all the acents being black/red i'd say gloss black and paint the air-deck while you're at it, bro!

    might i toss these in the mix? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91702
    Air deck? Not sure what that is. Are you talking about the large plastic piece that the lid mounts on? If so, I have already had that painted. I will take pics once I get the intake back. As for the dress up kit, I want to get a set, do you have them finished for the Camaro? They are on my list of thing to do for sure.

  13. #13
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by dparsons1968 View Post
    Air deck? Not sure what that is. Are you talking about the large plastic piece that the lid mounts on? If so, I have already had that painted. I will take pics once I get the intake back. As for the dress up kit, I want to get a set, do you have them finished for the Camaro? They are on my list of thing to do for sure.
    By air deck, he does in fact mean the large plastic piece the lid mounts on. It would look really good IMO if you had the intake and the air deck both gloss black.

  14. #14
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    dark charcoal grey

  15. #15
    Mr. P dparsons1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Augusta, Georgia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    280

    Bright Red
    99 Z28 M6, 03 Gixxer 1000

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    By air deck, he does in fact mean the large plastic piece the lid mounts on. It would look really good IMO if you had the intake and the air deck both gloss black.
    Well then, the air deck is already painted gloss black, along with the piece in front of that. I have been trying to get in touch with the guy that does all my paint and body work to get the intake painted and installed by next weekend.

    Thanks for the replies/ideas.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Color Sanding Process - Color Sanding To Perfectio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:00 AM
  2. [COLOR="red"]WANTED[/COLOR]--LGM Harness Bar.
    By Carlos01SS in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
  3. Painting LS6 intake what color?
    By devildogws6 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 06:45 PM
  4. Decal color/grill color
    By Fung Bucko in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 11:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •