Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Under the car bling

This is a discussion on Under the car bling within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Wow! Very nice under there!...

  1. #21
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Wow! Very nice under there!

    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

    2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

  2. #22
    Pistol Pete '96 Z28SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cowboy Country Stillwater, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    265

    Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

    thats hot, good attn to detail

  3. #23
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Yeah, I would as well like to clear up that i wasn't ripping on him about the car either. As a fact though, I am a tad bit jealous, and i'll admit to being too lazy for details such as these, but dang, that thing is cleaner now than it was when it was new.

  4. #24
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTMAREWS.6 View Post
    I wanted to share some pics of some clean up i did under the car, came out pretty good.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    Are there any car shows where they actually look at ur mufflers, shocks and differential?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

    Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

  5. #25
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Any of the shows ive ever been a spectator at there have always been at least a few cars up off the ground a ways with mirrors on the floor.

  6. #26
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Are there any car shows where they actually look at ur mufflers, shocks and differential?
    I take mirrors with me to carshows and place them strategically so when you walk by the car you see how clean it is underneath

  7. #27
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    My car has all kinds of rubber spewed all over the place under there.


    See??
    Click for full size

  8. #28
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTMAREWS.6 View Post
    I wanted to share some pics of some clean up i did under the car, came out pretty good.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    That is just phenomenal...awesome dude...just awesome.
    My jaw dropped when I seen that, even got some wood.
    Now I have to go find that chic that wanted to drive my car

    Bet you weren't thinkin your work would result in that when you were doin it...hehehe.

    Hey bro, we have the same exhaust, was thinking about polishing it with Mothers billet polish...whattaya think?

    Also, did you paint the rear yourself? What paint did you use if ya did?

  9. #29
    Junior Member NIGHTMAREWS.6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    32

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2002 WS.6 Build #12425

    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    That is just phenomenal...awesome dude...just awesome.
    My jaw dropped when I seen that, even got some wood.
    Now I have to go find that chic that wanted to drive my car

    Bet you weren't thinkin your work would result in that when you were doin it...hehehe.

    Hey bro, we have the same exhaust, was thinking about polishing it with Mothers billet polish...whattaya think?

    Also, did you paint the rear yourself? What paint did you use if ya did?
    Hey, thanks for the compliments, this job took quite some time, after working all day, it was a nice get away for me to work on this for a few hours every evening. the first thing i did was get rid of any rust that was present such as on the axle with a good sanding job. After that was done i used some eastwood rust encapuslator to seal it, then i painted it with a gloss black, using a roller on the smooth parts and a spray gun on the rest.
    As for the exhaust, don't waste your time with billet polish, i had to use a 3/4 hp bench buffer set at 3400rpm with some white rough compound and a spiral 8inch wheel buffer. thats if you want that mirror finish, the thing your want is the metal to be perfectly smooth, and when that wheel touches it, it will give you that mirror finish. The exhaust I did one piece at a time, some sanding on the exhaust just to get rid of some of the minor imperfections.
    The wheel wells i just used a rattle can and the smooth pieces i did with a small roller, i usually do the wheel wells about once a year.
    The axle, i could have just paid $200 and had the whole thing powerder coated, which would have been easier, but i enjoyed doing it myself.
    I'll post up some pics of the engine bay chromed out when i get back my ls6 intake and power steering reservoir from the chromer and i'll post pics of them installed.

  10. #30
    Junior Member NIGHTMAREWS.6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    32

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2002 WS.6 Build #12425

    Oh, and you guys are right, i just did the underside to have alittle edge at car shows, I also use some mirrors positioned just right so people can stand over them and see the whole underside, it just shows the judges that you went alittle farther, and it does work.
    Also someone mentioned the rotors i have aren't worn, thats because i just use those rotors for car shows, i use the stock one's when im driving around. the baer rotors polish up well with a buffing wheel. almost to a mirrored finish, just adds alittle bling for a car show.

  11. #31
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    ...Also, did you paint the rear yourself? What paint did you use if ya did?
    I sandblasted mine and repainted it with primer then a black sealant.




  12. #32
    JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    College Station TX
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,873

    Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

    wow rearlly nice man

    TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

    "I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

  13. #33
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Nice job SOW, sure beats the rust finish I got goin on, not gonna bother paintin it 'cause I want a new rear anyway.

    Is that the stock sway there with poly bushings or did you opt for a thicker bar?

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    "Florida"
    Posts
    12
    Damn, you've got yourself a serious case of OCPD. Get some therapy would you. You're making us all look bad and seem lazy.
    Seriously though, she look "Fabulous!"
    How did you like Eastwood Rust Encapsulator? Have you used it previously? I have a can and was planning on using it but, I'm a little leery of Eastwood products these days. I used the Silver High Temp Coating Kit on my headers and it turned to shit and started peeling about a month later. I'm going to pull them and get them powder coated soon. I've heard good things about "POR-15" and was thinking of just getting that. Any opinions on both of these products?

  15. #35
    Junior Member NIGHTMAREWS.6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    32

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2002 WS.6 Build #12425

    Quote Originally Posted by RosePetal68 View Post
    Damn, you've got yourself a serious case of OCPD. Get some therapy would you. You're making us all look bad and seem lazy.
    Seriously though, she look "Fabulous!"
    How did you like Eastwood Rust Encapsulator? Have you used it previously? I have a can and was planning on using it but, I'm a little leery of Eastwood products these days. I used the Silver High Temp Coating Kit on my headers and it turned to shit and started peeling about a month later. I'm going to pull them and get them powder coated soon. I've heard good things about "POR-15" and was thinking of just getting that. Any opinions on both of these products?
    Thanks for the compliments, I liked the Encapsulator, so far so good, its hard to keep the rust off the axle. I also used some regular high gloss and put that over the top just to make it really shiny. I've heard alot of good things about the POR-15, i believe you can get the POR-15 already in a high gloss finish or regular finish. I think either one you'll be fine with, if i had to do it over again i would have went with the POR-15.
    As far as the headers goes, i have FLP headers that are coated, no problems at all with those, they still look new after 2 years. Ya, make sure you never spray any kind of High Temp Coating on headers, they get to hot for that, and it will flake everytime.

  16. #36
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    Nice job SOW, sure beats the rust finish I got goin on, not gonna bother paintin it 'cause I want a new rear anyway.

    Is that the stock sway there with poly bushings or did you opt for a thicker bar?
    Sorry I lost track of this thread.

    The picture shows the stock 19mm with poly bushings and endlinks.

    Too much rear bar is a killer at a road race track, as it makes an unbearable oversteer.

  17. #37
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Sorry I lost track of this thread.

    The picture shows the stock 19mm with poly bushings and endlinks.

    Too much rear bar is a killer at a road race track, as it makes an unbearable oversteer.
    Did you find the bushings and end links helped?

    If so, can you point me to where I can get 'em?

  18. #38
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    definately helped.

    I think I ordered all my Endlinks and swaybar bushings (Prothane) from http://www.thunderracing.com/

    and here is the page with the Prothane products:

    http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=92

  19. #39
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    definately helped.

    I think I ordered all my Endlinks and swaybar bushings (Prothane) from http://www.thunderracing.com/

    and here is the page with the Prothane products:

    http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=92
    Thanks!!!
    Do you happen to know the size of the rear sway bar in millimeters for an 01' WS6? I want to order these right now.

  20. #40
    Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,485

    Blood Red
    Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    Thanks!!!
    Do you happen to know the size of the rear sway bar in millimeters for an 01' WS6? I want to order these right now.
    All rear swaybars for our cars are 19mm with the very small exception of 1993 1LE cars getting a 22mm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Some bling...
    By BIG_MIKE2005 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 08:29 PM
  2. Just bought some new goodies(bling bling) for the ram air
    By stefos in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
  3. Bling Bling (Ported throttle body)
    By WhiteLs1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
  4. give me miiiiiiiiine so i can get my bling bling on
    By Ice Spiral in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
  5. new engine bling bling
    By 2001somws6 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 09:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •