Ugly brake discs...

This is a discussion on Ugly brake discs... within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hello everyone! I'm trying to price things out before I dive into changing my rims/tires. Hopefully you can help me ...

Ugly brake discs...

Hello everyone! I'm trying to price things out before I dive into changing my rims/tires. Hopefully you can help me out.
    What I am going to do is put black C6 Z06 rims on my black '02 TA. This is where the problem lies. By putting on the new rims it exposes my brake discs/calipers, and they look "ugly" to simply put it. The whole assembly looks really dirty. I don't want to say rusty, but the discs looks brownish and the calipers look old I guess would be the best way to put it.
    I hope I explained the situation well enough for you guys so you know what I'm talking about haha. What solutions are there? Im not too pumped on buying new items, but if that is what it is gonna take then so be it. I really wouldn't mind a slick set of Brembos Are there any other brands out there that won't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks for your help!!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Why not just paint the existing calipers and replace the rotors? That would probably be the cheapest route.

Rotors! That was the word I was looking for but couldn't think of it haha. It's too early...
    I thought about painting them. Would you know what kind of paint you would use for something like this? Thanks for the advise man!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A little time and effort will work wonders. Had the same issue when we first purchased our car -- it was a little ugly behind the wheels. Just did some clean up, wire brushing and painted all the pieces while still on the car (with the exception of the rotor hats). Here are the before and after shots:

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

They actually make a paint for calipers. I used it on mine, and it's held up decent. I'll see if I can find the can, and post what brand it was.

WOW! That looks amazing! That is exactly what mine looks like and exactly what I wish it looked like afterwards. Very good job.
    If I were to paint the calipers I would like to change the color. Red looks really good. Have you guys seen another color of caliper that looked good. I have black TA and I'm wanting to put on black rims so red is about the only other color that I can think of that would look good.
    Yeah if you could show me a pic of the can that would be great. No biggie though. If you gave me a name of the paint and a place where I could find some that would be good. Now that I know they make paint specifically for calipers I could do a little research and see what I find.
    Thanks for the info guys!

Thread Information