Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tints

This is a discussion on Tints within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; does anyone know of a good place in chicago that does tinting...

white
    1999 camaro z28

does anyone know of a good place in chicago that does tinting

White
    98 Z28

Check my home page. I have a 1998 z28 white and went with 5% light (limo tint) on front, passenger, and rear hatch. First I will agree driving is not a problem, but backing into unfamiliar places is, you must roll down the windows. Second it is called an astigmatism, I know because I have a letter from the doctor and I have an extreme light sensitivity. Was also told by my eye doctor that the lighter your eye color the more sensitive a person will be to light. Third there is one problem, it use to be that a doctors note would get you out of tickets but nowthat so many people have caught on they have made it pretty much mandatory that if you have this diagnosis they would like it to be permanently put on you driver license, which if that happens they might state that they will give you a restricted license for certain hours to drive do to your disability. I have been able to get away with this in the fact that I only bring the car out on nice days and windows are always down. If I do have to roll them up I watch for police and roll them down. The note does help ut they usually advise me to go to secretary of state and have them flag my drivers license for this restriction. Hope I could help.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

no way in hell would they restrict people's driving hours for astigmatism. it would cause chaos, since so many people have it.

White
    98 Z28

Honestly go talk to your secretary of state. Having an astigmatism is not rare but lets get it straight. You don't need tinted windows for an astigmatism. Its just an excuse for getting out of tickets. The problem is that if you go to the secretary of state to have your license flagged for your eyes being that sensitive to light they would/could tell you can't drive at night because of the blinding light of oncoming cars. I know this in Michigan cause I live with a police office ( boyfriend). Tried to get around this tint thing plenty of times without getting pulled over. They also told me I could have my plate flagged but it may also mean that I can't drive the car at night, because of the tint. I just take my chances considering I have an in. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information