Results 1 to 10 of 10

are these real slp tips or real fake

This is a discussion on are these real slp tips or real fake within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; are these real or real fake...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    73

    pewter
    2001 camaro z28

    are these real cme slp tips or real fake

    are these real or real fake





    Last edited by z28_81; 11-24-2008 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    They look real, but the longer support bar would have been added. Thats what I did to mine, it needs it or they tend to break apart from the shorter bar.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  3. #3
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    I have never seen that thickness of aluminum stock welded to the fake tips. It could possible be original since the small bar has been rewelded. The lip of the tip looks thicker as well.

  4. #4
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    As mentioned above, I agreee. They are probably 'Real', 'Original-SLP'.
    They are known for breaking & being welded back together with an added strength bar as shown.
    Even the late OE units from SLP had the extra bar in the end, ...


    Buy'em, grind'em, sand'em, & polish the crap out of'em!

  5. #5
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    that's a real SLP CME exhaust tip. only difference is the added rear brace added for additional support so the smaller brace doesn't break. no one has accurately duplicated the CME tips that came from SLP. the ones you see on e-bay dont even look the same (the stainless steel ones)...

  6. #6
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    that's a real SLP CME exhaust tip. only difference is the added rear brace added for additional support so the smaller brace doesn't break. no one has accurately duplicated the CME tips that came from SLP. the ones you see on e-bay dont even look the same (the stainless steel ones)...
    Stainless steel? You mean cast aluminum with a stainless insert for the inlets?

  7. #7
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Stainless steel? You mean cast aluminum with a stainless insert for the inlets?
    no, i know what the material is for the SLP ones...

    im talking about the aftermarket ones. the ones without the rolled lip...

  8. #8
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    no, i know what the material is for the SLP ones...

    im talking about the aftermarket ones. the ones without the rolled lip...
    Oh, O.K.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    houston
    Posts
    73

    pewter
    2001 camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    As mentioned above, I agreee. They are probably 'Real', 'Original-SLP'.
    They are known for breaking & being welded back together with an added strength bar as shown.
    Even the late OE units from SLP had the extra bar in the end, ...


    Buy'em, grind'em, sand'em, & polish the crap out of'em!
    its good to hear all the replys....i bought them a few weeks ago along with the valance....for less than what the fake ones go on ebay

  10. #10
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    real.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fake or Real.?
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 04:43 PM
  2. BIG FOOT real or fake ?????
    By bealschad in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
  3. Are these real or really fake?
    By 02ultraZ in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
  4. is this real or fake?
    By FSANE in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
  5. real boobs or fake boobs
    By F-Bomb in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 01:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •