Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sunvisor delete

This is a discussion on Sunvisor delete within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey FBJ, you ever hear of someone doing a sunvisor delete? I never have either lol. I need mine also, ...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Hey FBJ, you ever hear of someone doing a sunvisor delete? I never have either lol. I need mine also, sometimes when I drive with the t-tops off I use it over my head.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

You guys have obviously never heard of race cars either...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Well you could always wear a welding mask too..XD

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Hey FBJ, you ever hear of someone doing a sunvisor delete? I never have either lol. I need mine also, sometimes when I drive with the t-tops off I use it over my head.
    The only time I've ever heard or seen it was through the 60's with factory built race cars. Sometimes they were deleted, and other times (like some of the Fords) used very thin lightweight visors. But these were the types of cars that were sold without warranty and generally no title so they couldn't be licensed for the street.

But yeah, removing them from a street car? Never....

I could picture myself buying a car and going on a test drive, then reaching for a visor and realizing they aren't there and be like,,,,whaaaat? Just a very odd idea unless you are building a full tilt race car that is never going to see the street.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Come on, hardcore street cars don't need visors either lol. On race day, I drive around in my car with my helmet and shades on, no need for the visors then, the helmet hits 'em. You should see the looks I get!

Seriously, I agree with you, I need the visors. But I can also see how this visor delete cleans up the interior, especially after they get old and fall apart.

I really didn't think much of it when the original poster first brought this up, so I explained how I fixed the visors, really very easy.

Then I about fell over when everyone else chimed in and said they are just removing their visors too In a street car? Just unheard of.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    You guys have obviously never heard of race cars either...
    Except theses are street cars not race cars.....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Interesting.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Except theses are street cars not race cars.....
    Mine is...no power steering, electric water pump, no AC, no heat, no backseat, roll cage, harnesses, and a fuel cell...the only thing missing is a parachute
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Mine is...no power steering, electric water pump, no AC, no heat, no backseat, roll cage, harnesses, and a fuel cell...the only thing missing is a parachute
    They are registered to drive on the street right? Insured as a street vehicle right?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

They are registered to drive on the street right? Insured as a street vehicle right?
    It was a joke. Due to many unrelated circumstances, my Trans Am has not been to the track since 2008. A lot of my friends and family refer to it as a race car, but I say it's a street car that occasionally (hypothetically, in this case) sees the track.

Everyone's term of a street car is different. You can easily see how that gets out of hand if you watch any of the "Fastest Street Car" shootouts.
    Yeah they drive them 30 miles before a race, sometimes even accross country. But are they really a practical street car? No. Do you see them out every day in traffic? No. Can they haul 4 people comfortably? No. Most of them don't even have a usable trunk because it's full of batteries, fuel cells, fuel pump systems and roll bars with "X" braces. So taking them to the store for a load of groceries is out of the question too. Not to mention if you've ever road in one, they are generally uncomfortable as hell, not something you want to take a long trip in, and ride like crap on bumpy public roads too.

With that said, in my opinion, they aren't really street cars, they are just playing the part.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    It was a joke. Due to many unrelated circumstances, my Trans Am has not been to the track since 2008. A lot of my friends and family refer to it as a race car, but I say it's a street car that occasionally (hypothetically, in this case) sees the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Everyone's term of a street car is different. You can easily see how that gets out of hand if you watch any of the "Fastest Street Car" shootouts.
    Yeah they drive them 30 miles before a race, sometimes even accross country. But are they really a practical street car? No. Do you see them out every day in traffic? No. Can they haul 4 people comfortably? No. Most of them don't even have a usable trunk because it's full of batteries, fuel cells, fuel pump systems and roll bars with "X" braces. So taking them to the store for a load of groceries is out of the question too. Not to mention if you've ever road in one, they are generally uncomfortable as hell, not something you want to take a long trip in, and ride like crap on bumpy public roads too.

With that said, in my opinion, they aren't really street cars, they are just playing the part.
    See i CAN multi-quote-im flexible( inside joke).. Jeremy i meant no disrespect to your car or you or any member that regards their car as a race car..besides that i didnt know you were kidding- and while its true that alot of ''street'' cars are fast as all get out and are driven at the track i just dont consider them a true race car -as most of the members who do take theirs to the track know they have different class catagories from street to top fuel thats all i meant and as you know race cars cant be legally registered nor insured. thats all....but i know what you mean about feeling your in a race car everytime i start my engine and floor it ,it feels like im in a race car. Sunvisor or not...
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 10-31-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

See i CAN multi-quote-im flexible( inside joke)

I think I am with FBJ as far as wanting the functionality of the visor. I rarely use mine in my SS, but that's probably because I don't drive it much either. Maybe a lot of the people who do not like the look or think it's weird is because we have been so used to having them.

Think of this scenario - what if cars never had visors to begin with? Then, one year, they added visors out of the blue. Would you think they looked out of place? Just a curious question.
    Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 11-01-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Just think at one time cars had no seat belts .....Im glad they do now....

Maybe you guys that hate the flip down visors should start thinking about installing one of these instead

50's Sun Visor | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Just think at one time cars had no seat belts .....Im glad they do now....
    Yep, I have a car here that doesn't (never had) have factory seat belts. Seatbelts were still an extra cost option up through the 68 model year.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

True, although I find them annoying most of the time. I hardly used to wear mine when I was younger. I guess I thought I was cool then I don't even start the car now without having it on. You just never know what could happen, especially with so many careless people on the road now-a-days. With my new job, I travel frequently. I was on the road for 9.5 hrs today. More hours on the road = better chance of being involved in an accident.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Maybe you guys that hate the flip down visors should start thinking about installing one of these instead

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I have a car here that doesn't (never had) have factory seat belts. Seatbelts were still an extra cost option up through the 68 model year.
    ,,That thing looks like it would stop an RPG...but on the old classics they look cool!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I never seen anything like that before, FBJ. That is pretty groovy

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was for nuclear radiation when we thought the Russkies were gonna bomb us lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information