Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    99 T/A

Streetglow on a T/A

I was wondering about putting the streetglow kit on my T/A, the one that does the 7 diff. colors and audio n all that stuff. Anyone done that before and now how it holds up. It's like 260 bux for some tubes of light so i'de like to know how someone else's worked out before i buy. 99% sure those are illegal on the roads too, anyone know how big the ticket is?

NBM
    99 TA

I think you would get a bigger ticket for driving without a lisence seeing as how it says you are 15.

Street glow belongs on a honda imo.... and yes it is illegal on the street because it is distracting to other drivers. Probably a $100 or so ticket

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lame, dude...lame.

Last of the Breed Pewter02Formula's Avatar

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Firebird Formula

A) Don't put streetglows on a T/A.

B) The first ticket might not be much, or you might even get off with a warning... but repeated offenses are only gonna hurt you in the end.

C) It's illegal in most states to put "moving" lights or lights that change color on your car.

D) Don't put streetglows on a T/A.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I'm with Kyle...WTF?? your only 15. BTW I have a "blue line" undercar kit and has held up for almost 2 years. I hardly ever turn them on, only when at shows or to make fun of imports.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I'm with Kyle...WTF?? your only 15.
    I agree, what's going on, did you put in the wrong year, or are you just hanging out with the big boys? I seem to be voicing my opinion on this a lot lately, but I say don't do it, save the money and put it towards life insurance; a kid about to turn 16 with a T/A waiting for him... you'll be in the papers real soon, and it'd be nice if your untimely death gave your parents enough money to go back to school and learn why you shouldn't spoil your kids with bad ideas. There's been a lot of talk in law about raising the driving age to 18; knowing that there are 15 & 16 year olds out there behind LS1s playing with their neon lights.... can't say I think it's a bad idea.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

My parents made me wait until I was 20 before I got my first Z-28. Three f-bodies later, I am still here. Don't know if i would be able to say that if would have started at 15. Having grown up in the country, I needed to be able to drive as early as possible but I agree the ideal age, though not fiesable in today's world, would be 17-18. Lets hope he put the wrong age in.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'm 17 now and was 16 when I got my Z28 paid for half of the 13500 up front and have just about paid the other half back to my parent's. I started driving legally when I was 14 and have only ever been in one accident and that was due to the road conditions, but I would like to add a lot of responsibility comes with these cars you have to know how to control the power, or you will end up dead or worse killing someone else.

oh yeah streetglow would look gay buddy

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    I agree, what's going on, did you put in the wrong year, or are you just hanging out with the big boys? I seem to be voicing my opinion on this a lot lately, but I say don't do it, save the money and put it towards life insurance; a kid about to turn 16 with a T/A waiting for him... you'll be in the papers real soon, and it'd be nice if your untimely death gave your parents enough money to go back to school and learn why you shouldn't spoil your kids with bad ideas. There's been a lot of talk in law about raising the driving age to 18; knowing that there are 15 & 16 year olds out there behind LS1s playing with their neon lights.... can't say I think it's a bad idea.
    Hey now, don't group us all together. I'm 17 and have been driving my 01 Ws6 for some time now without any problems. While most young drivers shouldn't be anywhere near an LS1, it's stupid to say that ALL shouldn't.

Oh yeah, to the OP, please do not put neons on a TA. If you do, I think a cult of us are going to find you an drill holes in your nuts so you can't spawn more beings that would ruin a beautiful LS1 with ricer neons.
    Last edited by cascade; 07-07-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Silver
    2002 Z28

I know that all young drivers aren't bad, and they won't all lead to the same outcome... But the vast majority fall into that category. Congratulations on being an acceptance, but look at your friends and tell me how many of them possess the same responsibility behind the wheel. "Drivers between the ages of 16 and 18 are ten times more likely to be in an accident."

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Under body neon lights on ANY fbody=GAY=Bad idea
    15-16 year old driver/owner of LS1=BAD/make sure you have life insurance.

bight rallye red
    2000 Camaro Z28

Well i can go ahead and say that the neon idea is horrible. THey where made for rice because they dont have the "go" so they make it up with what they think is show. I cant comment much on the young driver situation since i got mine a month before my 16th birthday. I learned to handle the power quickly though, b/c i learned to drive in a turbo volvo, so i had a vague familiarity with power, granted its nothing like an ls1, but i had a better start than a kid that learned to drive in an astro van then gets a TA. My parents just bascially told me 1 speeding ticket and its gone. they also said no radar detector. It worked, ive had one "warning." (because the cop was more interested in the car than the speed, welcome to SC!) That doenst mean that i dont play with the car, because i was also taught how to do that by my dad. HE wasnt about to let me loose in that Z without showing me how to handle the power. The way i view it, (and the way i talked my parents into letting me get teh car) is that speed is in your blood. If your going to go fast, then nothings going to stop you. Personally i would rather have this kid go fast in a car thats built to go fast. Not some blazer that shakes above 75mph

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

tell me how many of them possess the same responsibility behind the wheel
    Well that is true, I can only think of one of my friends that I would let drive my car, he has a 2000 gtp, and has raced IMCA dirt track since he was 15, the rest are just idiots that think that there v6 pickups and such are fas, they have no idea.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by redrallyeZ View Post
    Well i can go ahead and say that the neon idea is horrible. THey where made for rice because they dont have the "go" so they make it up with what they think is show. I cant comment much on the young driver situation since i got mine a month before my 16th birthday. I learned to handle the power quickly though, b/c i learned to drive in a turbo volvo, so i had a vague familiarity with power, granted its nothing like an ls1, but i had a better start than a kid that learned to drive in an astro van then gets a TA. My parents just bascially told me 1 speeding ticket and its gone. they also said no radar detector. It worked, ive had one "warning." (because the cop was more interested in the car than the speed, welcome to SC!) That doenst mean that i dont play with the car, because i was also taught how to do that by my dad. HE wasnt about to let me loose in that Z without showing me how to handle the power. The way i view it, (and the way i talked my parents into letting me get teh car) is that speed is in your blood. If your going to go fast, then nothings going to stop you. Personally i would rather have this kid go fast in a car thats built to go fast. Not some blazer that shakes above 75mph

ha ha ha.... i tried that excuse with my parents when i turned 16... didnt work out too well for me... and since my truck woulnt handle so well (even with a 3" front/4" rear drop and sway bars) i had to learn to go fast for 1000 feet... well and how to powerslide so i could keep up with my buddy in his gt stang through the twisties... they should have just gotten me a car that would handle...

i dont think parents realize that the person with the fastest car is really in the least amount of danger since he doesnt have to push his car to the limits to get the same feeling as the ppl in the metro trying to keep up...

nor do they understand a camaro will get to 100 faster than a civic... but if you want to run 100 your gonna do it in the civic too... its not like a civic wont go lethal speeds...

-me

Red
    99 T/A

hahah after all the threats i think i should lay off the streetglow. Just seein what every1 had to say about em. yes i am only 15... ill be 16 real soon though. : P Aug. 25 and yes i did pay for ALL of my trans am. got a sweet deal on it though 99 T/A w/ only 20K miles bought from a 50 yr. ol' women for 12900. i think ill Xnay the streetglow tho. thanks for savin me some $$$

Red
    99 T/A

P.S insurance is a bitch a 290 a month!!!!! and no i'm not some spoiled rich kid, far from it. I just love cars and always have since i was little. my bro has a POS 96 grand prix, my mom has a mini van, my dad has a company explorer and i WORKED for three years to buy my baby. i let my bro have the keys one afternoon and the he came back an hour later w/ 1/2 bald tires. that will never happen again.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    Under body neon lights on ANY fbody=GAY=Bad idea.

then i must be a married gay. wife's used to be pink. now it's multi-colored LED. mine is purple.

pic of her car at the track.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

neons = way too much money for the tackiness. they are as annoying as those kids who put on strobe lights on their cars to speed through traffic and have ppl pull over (had an encounter once, acted like i was gonna play chicken with him).

btw good job in getting a TA at that age. there's a shitload of responsibility and learning with it. I got my Z28 4 months before I was 18 and I did some pretty stupid things before I learned what to do and what not to do. My first "drift" with it wound up being a 360 cuz I thought it'd be cool to give it too much gas. Also a lot of peer pressure from people my age pushed me into doing things I normally wouldn't do (i.e. doing a 155 MPH convoy on the highway with 3 other friends that had f-bodies).

Just learn not to follow what people tell you to do and feel comfortable doing it first. Don't get too cocky though, cuz that happens and you'll slam into a tree. The best learning experience I had to know how to control my Z in out-of-control situations was in snow or ice and I'd just give it too much gas and get the feel of how it is when your making a turn with your rear at a 45 degree angle. Even to this day I don't feel secure doing anything, but that's what saved me from wrecking my car.

Looking back my senior year, 2 out of every 3 new drivers got into an accident that year and/or totalled their car. There were people who went through like 3 cars in 9 months. Just be safe, and keep in mind that it's your money invested in the car, and if you wreck it you might as well burnt the money. Also, someone telling you to do something stupid wouldn't if he had some investment in your car. My bro said once, when he had his Firebird at 17 and someone asked him to do a burn-out, he said give him $1000 for new tires then. Makes sense.

Drive good and you'll see insurance drops too btw. Mine went from $4400 to $2000 in a year and 1/2. Another kid my age went from $4000 to $6500 because of many tickets. Good luck, don't kill yourself.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Got my license at 16... drive two different saturns, got my 02 Z28 before I turned 17. The first winter with the car I slid into a small tree (the street was basically a skating rink), did about 700 in damage I hit it at about 3-5mph tops. You do need to know how to handle it but sometimes its unavoidable. I dont drive the Cam in snow/rain any more. Got my version of rice (acura TSX) and use that to get around in. Im 21 now so 4 years in the Camaro being young and im still alive lol. Don't bash the kid about age, hopefully if he earned the money and car he will respect it. But, by all means, bash the kid on the neons. They arent even cool with rice much anymore lol.

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

i had $ to waste so i got a multi color street glow kit.... doesn't look bad IMO.. it's brighter than any of the kits i've seen on cars around here. they stay one color, you can make them change, do a ton of patterns either solid color or changing... if i use them on the road i usually leave it on red or green. i was pulled over for having my white lights on cause the state trooper said they looked blue.. anyways.. do what you want... i put mine on cause i got bored one night i dont really want to chop up the HD like my last TAs yet =)

Last edited by EVL LS1; 07-17-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information