View Poll Results: Should I get smoked tails?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it'd go good with ur car

26 45.61%
  • No, it wouldn't work on ur car

14 24.56%
  • No, they're gay!

17 29.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smoked, blackout tails...yay or nay

This is a discussion on Smoked, blackout tails...yay or nay within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; did you spray them over or just buy the covers? where did you get the halo turn signals and rear ...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

did you spray them over or just buy the covers? where did you get the halo turn signals and rear corners?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    yea i got the tails blacked out last weekend, i LOVE them!! also blacked out the 3rd brake light on the spoiler............lights are still plenty bright, i need to take a pic for y'all with them on......

i also bought halo turnsignals and rear corner lights......
    got more pics of those c6's

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

Since your car is Pewter I think they'd look good smoked, but not the blacked.out look. just my two cents...

Black
    2005 GTO

I personally like mine it blacks everything out in the back.

allbaugh_04

Like you everything on my car was either black, clear/white(which goes well with the wheels) polished or chromed so I felt the red tail light where just out of place so I blacked them out. It look much better in my opinion.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I personally like mine it blacks everything out in the back.

Click for full size

allbaugh_04

Like you everything on my car was either black, clear/white(which goes well with the wheels) polished or chromed so I felt the red tail light where just out of place so I blacked them out. It look much better in my opinion.
    This is kind of a bad pic cuz i can still see your rims...they're like instant magnets but anyways i think i might smoke em...still debating and the poll isn't helping me out...its like half and half so we'll see

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by davebowtie View Post
    Since your car is Pewter I think they'd look good smoked, but not the blacked.out look. just my two cents...
    i agree

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    This is kind of a bad pic cuz i can still see your rims...they're like instant magnets but anyways i think i might smoke em...still debating and the poll isn't helping me out...its like half and half so we'll see
    Ha Ha thats pretty funny they do kinda draw your eyes right to them.

Here 2 more pics with alittle less bling.

Yes I know I need to take the white avs letters off I'm just lazy and have't done it.

Honestly I would just go for it there only like $30 or so. If you don't like them your only out $30, you could probably throw them right on ebay and get your money back or close to it.

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

On a 'maro it's kind of a toss up. I like black outs "If dont well". Make sure you dont buy some cheap POS plastic that doesn't quite fit and that you can easly see through (yes I know if they are too dark it's illegal, but the OP said he didn't care and neither do I heh)

I'm looking at getting a white T/A with dark tint, BlackBird stripes (WS9 Hood), black front license decal, black lettering, black pillar birds and blackouts on the tail. Getting as much as I can covered to have a nice contrast goin. Well that's "IF" I can find a nice white one =(..... If not I'll just get a black one and put some gold striping on it Reynold's Style!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i searched for my car for well over a year on autotrader and i remember seeing quite a few white ones...some guy offered to sell me his smoked tails already a few posts up

white
    99 camaro z/28

I have a white '99 Z/28 & I got the GTS carbon fiber "look" headlight & tailight covers from Summit as they allow more light through than the regular smoked versions but IMO still look great.I get complements on them all the time at the local car shows

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

black em out
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Did you purchase aftermarkets or did you create your own here? and if so, How?
    I have bought the front black out kit that does the day time running lights and fog lights, but I don't want to pay out $50 a pair for side and rear markers!
    Did it myself.
    Ordered niteshades from Summit, picked up a rattle can of clear coat, and a 3M scuff pad.
    Cleaned, scuffed, cleaned, niteshaded to desired darkness, dry, 2 coats of clear.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Also painted the backs of the mufflers to 'hide' them a bit. Flat black.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Nice a$$!

Well I don't have a definite yes, but I wonder if it's the older guys who don't like em....not sure what to do yet...

I liked them back in the day, in fact i even bought some for my car. But i yanked them off a while back, I don't like them anymore.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

damn this is old.. and you still haven't made a decision? i'd skip the blackouts. and go for the VHT night shades. if you don't already know, it's basically tint-paint for the taillights. you'll get the same effect, but it will look a lot cleaner. i would do it. and stop fucking around already.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    damn this is old.. and you still haven't made a decision? i'd skip the blackouts. and go for the VHT night shades. if you don't already know, it's basically tint-paint for the taillights. you'll get the same effect, but it will look a lot cleaner. i would do it. and stop fucking around already.

you think this is bad...you should see me at a restaurant...actually this is worse, but you get the idea. i take forever to make a decision, but its almost always a good one.

kinda like when i decided what kind of car to buy...we all know how that turned out though

Pewter
    99 Camaro Z28

In my opinion, I've always liked blackouts. Maybe I am getting outdated but I still like the way they look. I've had blackouts on my car since 2000 on the front headlights, turn sigs, and rear taillights. I am actually in the process of doing the whistler mod to my headlights though. Here are a few shots of my 99 Pewter Z.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Midnight Blue
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well what do you guys think? I'm pretty sure it's illegal around here, but hey my license plate is illegal, my tint, and exhaust, so if i'm going to get in trouble whats one more thing? Er...anyways...
    In my opinion, it would look real slick with the rears lights blacked out. I used VHT translucent black spray paint and then duplicolor clear coat. I'm very happy with the outcome !! They look black until you shine headlights on them and then the red or orange reflection shine thru...pretty cool if you ask me!!

here are some pics of mine :
    Last edited by Fleck; 01-15-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

the only reason i don't prefer the blackouts is because the tail lights are already smooth. and i hate the lettering on them. and if you try to scrape them off, you scratch the damn thing. the ones i got the letters were painted, so you couldn't just peel the stickers off..

but i do prefer the blackouts on the third gen.. but thats because the taillights aren't smooth.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    i hate the lettering on them. and if you try to scrape them off, you scratch the damn thing. the ones i got the letters were painted, so you couldn't just peel the stickers off..
    what brand where they? I think gts you can peel off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information