Results 1 to 14 of 14

should i paint some shit?

This is a discussion on should i paint some shit? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; im debating painting some suspension parts red to match my sportlines and torque arm. just to clean things up, and ...

  1. #1
    true savage stunna p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Age
    38
    Posts
    68

    black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

    should i paint some shit?

    im debating painting some suspension parts red to match my sportlines and torque arm. just to clean things up, and to make stuff look cooler.
    things such as rear control arms, pan hard bar.
    which are stock by the way, so its not like im painting nice aftermarket shit.
    you guys think it will look cheap and too honda civic style. or tastefull for stock shit???
    02 ws6,m6,umi sfc, bbk lt's,y pipe,stainless borla straight pipew/dynomax bullet,160 stat,4.10's,umi adj trq arm,k&n,sportlines,kyb agx's,98mm clear lid,all free mods,d-scrnd mass,fernco,e3 plugs,short stick,tunedbyfrost,no hood baffles,hood to air box w/adh. foam,needs a cam

  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I have seen it look good and look bad. If you take the time and clean the parts up, prep them correctly and do a nice job painting, it will help clean things up. If you rush through it, don't prep correctly, it will look like a half ass job.

  3. #3
    true savage stunna p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Age
    38
    Posts
    68

    black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

    i plan to wire wheel everything that needs it, and prime it all before the paint.
    i do things properly most of the time..

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by stunna p View Post
    i plan to wire wheel everything that needs it, and prime it all before the paint.
    i do things properly most of the time..
    As long as you do that, its going to look better than it currently does. I have seen people that didn't smooth/clean the surface and just slapped some rattle can on it, looked really sad

  5. #5
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    powder coat it

  6. #6
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    personally, with the time your going to spend doing all of this, why not just buy some aftermarket stuff that u can get in red?

  7. #7
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    powder coat it
    You would spend too much money on powdercoating the stock crap. If he is going to go that route, might as well save and buy the better aftermarket stuff that is already powdercaoted.

  8. #8
    Shake and Bake Triple H Coating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Cloud, FL
    Posts
    181

    2006 Harley Night Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You would spend too much money on powdercoating the stock crap. If he is going to go that route, might as well save and buy the better aftermarket stuff that is already powdercaoted.
    Makes me sad but I agree

  9. #9
    Member Mike's TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    880

    Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

    I don't know why you would want to.

    First - You'd have to deal with the smell.

    Second - If you left it outside because of the smell, the dung beatles will get to it.

    Third - I really don't see the point. If you want to change the color, just eat different food.

    Although, I don't know if anyone has ever painted shit before.




  10. #10
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    I don't know why you would want to.

    First - You'd have to deal with the smell.

    Second - If you left it outside because of the smell, the dung beatles will get to it.

    Third - I really don't see the point. If you want to change the color, just eat different food.

    Although, I don't know if anyone has ever painted shit before.


  11. #11
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    I just dont like my sway bar looks with the black part where it says Hotchkis but i didnt wanna paint over it and didnt know how to take off the sticker so it would stick good again

  12. #12
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I just dont like my sway bar looks with the black part where it says Hotchkis but i didnt wanna paint over it and didnt know how to take off the sticker so it would stick good again
    Click for full size
    call them and see if they will send you a new sticker or two. for stunna p im with y2k take your time and im sure it will look good. what did you do with the calipers?

  13. #13
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    call them and see if they will send you a new sticker or two. for stunna p im with y2k take your time and im sure it will look good. what did you do with the calipers?
    Ahhhhhh good point! Ill try that or maybe ill have some made at a graphics shop or something maybe even make them say "Trans Am" or something, OP you could try that maybe?

  14. #14
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Why bother. Stock stuff in red looks stupid imo.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. paint correction/detail black paint
    By 98maro in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM
  2. Paint NowPaint and Body Basics - Paint Now
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 02:50 AM
  3. Body Work & Auto Paint Tips - Get Your Paint On
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 11:50 PM
  4. a paint container flew out of a truck and paint is all over my car
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:45 PM
  5. A 1962 Ford Falcon Recieve A Budget Paint Job - The $98 Paint Job
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 04:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •