Silver
    08 (M6)ZO6/02 (A4)Z28

RKSports SS Hood grill(?)

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm hopin someone here can help me out w/ my newly installed RKSports SS hood grill. It appears RKSports does not supply the screws for the hood grill, now and the screws the body/paint shop used durin the fitment/paintin are startin to rust after only a couple of months

So, I make contact w/ Sean over @ RKSports and he suggested the quick fix would be just to replace the screws w/ some stainless steel screws. Since, they no longer supplied the screws when purchasin their hoods. So, I said great! That's what I'll do, thinkin they were just sheet metal screws. But, while removin one of the screws it appears these screws are mechined, not self tappin.

So, can anyone help me poss. figure out the correct size of these screws/bolts???

I wnet to Home Depot and Advance Auto last night and the closest I could get was @ Advance Auto. Where they had a thread measurin plate and I finally pulled the tape(used to help protect fm lose) off of the screw. It would appear the screw is a 4x32 screw. As the measurin plate @ Advance only went to 6x32 and the screw I had was alill smaller then that.

Has anyone else had to replace these screw(due to rust) w/ a direct replacement to match up w/ the nuts inside the hood??? If so, what was your solution to switchin over to Stainless Steel screws???

Thanks in advance,
    Don

Btw, the install. of the hood and re-paintin the Z was perf. in the Lake Charles, La and I'm back home in the Savannah, Ga area. Now that the job that I was on has been completed

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

If you have a smaller hardware store like ace or true value near you or possibly a west marine they might have the smaller diameter screw. You could also paint the screws and reinstall them.

Thread Information