View Poll Results: Paint it Pewter or Black?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pewter

87 63.04%
  • Black

51 36.96%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Repaint it pewter again or black?

This is a discussion on Repaint it pewter again or black? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by graphicsgod Well if I had to choose another colour... I think it would be a metalic orange ...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    Well if I had to choose another colour... I think it would be a metalic orange (please correct me if I'm wrong on the name). Someone here has it. Looks real sweet! Also I love FloridaZ's paint job.

Rob

I may get the hook up(sponsorship or discount) with this new paint company. I heard they do candy paint, so I'm getting a little happy. Yea, FloridaZ's car is nice. I don't know what I'm going to do, BUT I will do something because my paint right now is crap, at least I think so.

black
    1999 Trans Am

I would stick with the pewter or go with the the metallic orange that graphicsgod mentioned because its rare and an awesome color. I have Black and its a pain in the ass to keep clean, although it looks better than any other color when the cars clean.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Don't hate me but I actually thought about a bright ass (hurt your eyes from the brightness) GREEN! hahaha, I'd like it to be shiney as hell though. I've really got this thing about being as different as possible with it. I like how it looks with pewter too. I just really need to freshen it up.

I've thought about: Dark purple metallic(that could look black and purple), blue in candy paint, green in candy paint, red in candy paint(red isn't me though), I've thought about white, black, orange, and that's about it.

All I know is I'm going to bust my ass to get that money by next summer! Hopefully I can get that magical set of rims(with $1000 tires on too) I'm probably going to try to find the cheapest tires possible just to hold me over. I seriously believe that when I get these rims, I will get a Dunlop tire sponsorship. That means a new set of tires every year for free!

hahahahahahaha

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Everybody hit this link. http://www.gmmginc.net/html/gallery/20_gallery.html This is why I want it black. I'm really not worried about keeping it clean because I always do but this looks If I do black, I'm going to get my hood scoop silver like the one on the picture and I'll do the top part of my spoiler and I'll change my berger panel to silver.

OPINIONS? They are greatly appreciated.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    Everybody hit this link. http://www.gmmginc.net/html/gallery/20_gallery.html This is why I want it black. I'm really not worried about keeping it clean because I always do but this looks If I do black, I'm going to get my hood scoop silver like the one on the picture and I'll do the top part of my spoiler and I'll change my berger panel to silver.

That is a bad ass looking ss but i dont' think your hood would look right in silver if you painted the car black... i think that would only really work right with the ss hood

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Man, hahahahaha I was up all night last night talking about THAT to my girl. I was thinking of getting a ZL-1 theme going on. I was thinking if the car was black and doing the scoop in silver and making it go over the roof, then over and under the spoiler. I wasn't sure if I'd let the silver stripe go all the way down the back.

I also thought about painting the black part of my spoiler silver when I paint the rest of the car black. Not sure yet, I doubt I'll do that especially if I make the stripe go futher down the rest of the car toward the rear.

As far as the hood goes I think It'll look good in silver because I plan on redoing my ram-air decals in black and putting black tribals on top of the scoop, roof, and spoiler.

In that picture I think black looks good as a heck though.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've decided to do a color that changes from black to a mystery color

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Agreed Pewter All The Way!!! Far Less Dirt Showing Not To Mention Dust Scratches!!!!!!!

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Black is a great color for a super clean car sitting inside all the time under the lights, ...

It is not a great color for anything driven on the roads. Two blocks down the road & your rear bumper 'shelf' is already dusty & dirtier than hell, ...

Looks great when it's clean but, ...

Do something different! I like the 'orange' idea, ..., But I'm biased, ...
    HoK Kandy Tangerine, ... http://community.webshots.com/album/148889747BeamIY
    Last edited by PontiacFan; 01-07-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Both of those are my two favorite colors on LS1's, but I'd have to go with pewter.

Metallic Pewter
    99 Pontiac Firebird TA

Stay with Pewter. As everyone else says it is much easier to clean. But also if you plan on keeping it for a long time, it is the original color. Some people are very particular about having original color, original engine #s. My car is Pewter and I love it.
    99 Metallic Pewter Pontiac TA M6
    160 Degree Thermostat, TB Bypass
    MTI Clear Lid, Ported MAFS
    Smooth bellows, Cut out

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

pewter is sexy man stay with it

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6
    I would say pewter would look better with black flames then black would with chrome flames
    Agreed!! Stay with pewter!!It show's the lines better!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

That's all true! I've been thinking lately. Since a paint job would cost me $3500 rims about 3500, tires 1000 and a system about 1000 I'd be better off getting my self an 02 6spd with black leather like I like. Yup I've been thinking about starting over. An engine swap would be too costly especially with a 6spd. I pretty much love my car but ever since my girl got her 5spd Mustang gt I feel the need for power more and more!

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

That's all true! I've been thinking lately. Since a paint job would cost me $3500 rims about 3500, tires 1000 and a system about 1000 I'd be better off getting my self an 02 6spd with black leather like I like. Yup I've been thinking about starting over. An engine swap would be too costly especially with a 6spd. I pretty much love my car but ever since my girl got her 5spd Mustang gt I feel the need for power more and more!
    EXCELLENT IDEA MAN ,GET WHAT YOU WANT. THE BEEFY LS1 YOU'LL GET GOOD MONEY FOR YOUR CAR. IT'S NICELY DONE BUT NOT AN LS1

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Besides man you cannot let your girlfriend with the MUSTANG GT get the best of you. You must PREVAIL and show her who's boss!

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Pewter, No doubt
    John
    Come by and check out my 2000 SS
    Click here
    FQuick Site

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sills1
    Pewter, No doubt
    YES KEEP IT PEWTER!! And YESSSS,KATE B is very HOT !!!

1999 Chevy Camaro

If you do this,.. send me your hood, spoiler, and body kit !! And I'll send you my hood .

Rob

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I want $10000 or $12,000 for my camaro with like 80,000 miles, think I'll get it?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information