View Poll Results: Paint it Pewter or Black?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pewter

87 63.04%
  • Black

51 36.96%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Lightbulb Repaint it pewter again or black?

Hey everybody, I've got intentions of getting my camaro painted since this guy at another shop kinda screwed it up. I love the color of it now but I also love black. I'm in a weird situation because one day I want it black and the next I want to repaint it pewter.

If I repaint it pewter, I'll still do the two tone thing that I have going on now.

If I paint it black I'd switch the flames to chrome.

any help is appreciated!

ps, when I get the paint job, I'll get the needed body work. (its late here)

sonnyred
    You never know how white dirt is untill you own a black car.Pewter will save you at least two washes a week

I'm for pewter

Black
    1998 WS6

I'm with sonnyred

Last of the Breed Pewter02Formula's Avatar

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Firebird Formula

I'm a little biased, but as a guy who originally wanted a black car, I'm kinda glad I couldn't find any, and went with pewter instead. It has to be REALLY dirty before you can notice it.

But black looks SOOOOO good when it's clean... there's nothing sharper!

Ultimately the question is, how much time do you plan on keeping the car clean?

Beast
    I agree... nothing looks better than a shiny black car... until 5 minutes later when its dirty. I would stick with pewter.

1981 g-Body

Black by far looks the best, but on your car i'd say pewter would look better. Just cause of your style of hood/ground effect/etc.
    Just my opinion.

2000pontiac6
    I would say pewter would look better with black flames then black would with chrome flames

1999 Chevy Camaro

You know my answer... . As a owner of a pewter Camaro, I have to give my nod to pewter as well! Just add black graphics to it if it's possible with that hood.

BTW do you have any good large pics of your car? I like the hood, but want to know if it's possible to add stripes. Hence I want to bust out the Photoshop to find out .

Rob

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    Black by far looks the best, but on your car i'd say pewter would look better. Just cause of your style of hood/ground effect/etc.
    Just my opinion.
    I think the same exact way.

The way I think of black mixed with all the curves in my car, such as the hood and body kit, I think black wouldn't let those show up as good as they do with pewter. But black is bad ass! hahaha

Everything you guys said about dirt on black is true also. However, I already do spend most of my life at the car wash when I'm not too busy, but I don't really want to add to it with extra work of cleaning black.

One thing I noticed about pewter is that my Camaro has been dirty as hell before and I still get compliments on how clean it is! Then I kinda stand back and look at it again and it DOES SHINE even with tons of dirt

I do plan to repaint so it will look fresh. The last guy who did my black spoiler/berger panel/mirrors and all that didn't really mask my car and I have clear coat every where. It WAS a mess. I've done what I can as far as getting it off of my windows. I even had paint on my tires. This is why he gave my car back at night I see. and get this, it was like a day or 2 before a carshow!

Needless to say I'm not going back there! The man has skills when it comes to airbrush art(he used to work for marvel comics) but, I don't think he's really good at painting cars.

And Graphicsgod, I have an idea. When I send you pics of my car could you throw a few different sets of wheels on it too? Also, I tried to get some graphis for my hood but it was too hard to get the sizes right. I may try again later. < these smilies are FUN!
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 11-11-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

save the money, put an Ls1 in it.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    And Graphicsgod, I have an idea. When I send you pics of my car could you throw a few different sets of wheels on it too? Also, I tried to get some graphis for my hood but it was too hard to get the sizes right. I may try again later. < these smilies are FUN!
    No prob! Send the pics of the wheels as well. I also like to over use smilies :beer3: !

Rob

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    save the money, put an Ls1 in it.
    atleast $2k-for engine(hopefully with transmission) and $3-4k for labor.

I don't have that kinda cash right now. College student man!=s until I graduate

I wish. We could take up cash from everybody we know and help me out

I plan to spend like $4k on turbo and like $1200 total for nitrous.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Stick with pewter.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

check mine out here it has same f/x and the hood is close www.cardomain.com/ride/2111681

quicky06
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P.
    check mine out here it has same f/x and the hood is close www.cardomain.com/ride/2111681

that looks badass but it must be a bitch to keep clean. personaly im a clean freak and i drive my 99 rs as a daily driver about 50-70 miles a day when im not in school or working.

and i spend 10 hours every sunday cleaning my car and its red. so i dont know how you can keep that thing clean.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

i average about 50 miles a day during school, about 3 a day is down a powdered dirt road. i wash it like twice a month cause there is no point in keepin it super clean it will just get dirty again

99 Firebird Formula

I would stay with pewter because it would be much easier...chances are your engine bay doesn't need repainting, and they can concentrate on the outside of the car. If you switch to black and want it done right, the engine would have to come out to paint it and that's gonna be some big $$. Not to mention they can screw shit up putting it back together...I fix so many cars at work with electrical problems because body shops messed them up (i.e. grounds in the wrong place, broken wiring harnesses etc).

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

damn, never thought of that. I did think of getting it (completely) painted. I do want the engine bay and door jams painted. I found a guy who said he'll paint it(door jams, under the hood), do some body work, and take all the small door dings out for like $3500 and he said he may give cash back if it's not too bad. Sound like a good deal?

Also that deal was for the all black idea I had way back, but now I need to ask him to two tone me the same way it is now with 90% pewter and 10% black.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7
    damn, never thought of that. I did think of getting it (completely) painted. I do want the engine bay and door jams painted. I found a guy who said he'll paint it(door jams, under the hood), do some body work, and take all the small door dings out for like $3500 and he said he may give cash back if it's not too bad. Sound like a good deal?

Also that deal was for the all black idea I had way back, but now I need to ask him to two tone me the same way it is now with 90% pewter and 10% black.
    Expensive, but normal for a total repaint. I'd say this option is much better than the all black one .

Rob

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information