Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Red theme would look good

6 42.86%
  • No, Red will stand out too much

4 28.57%
  • No, Choose a different color

3 21.43%
  • No, Get your damn car running right. You suck at HPT and are a worthless member of LS1

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Red underhood dress up on a black WS6?

Im looking to start doing some under hood dress up as soon as the car gets running better. I will probably to the wire hide mod. Seems pretty easy. But Im thinking about removing the wire loom around the car that wont be able to be hidden in the fender wells and replacing it with Red Loom. This idea started because I really need a catch can, and they offer it in red also. It would be fairly easy to swap the loom over. Im not one for 'standing out' in the crowd, actually sometimes this WS6 draws too much attention for me. But as it sits right now I have a Red Top Optima battery and the red lettering on the FAST 92. Do you guys think doing a Red underhood 'theme' would look good, or just out of place with a black WS6? Basically, The under hood would have a Red Optima Battery, Red Elite Catch Can, Red wire loom, and the little red lettering on the FAST. What do you guys think? I have not done one single appearance mod to this car, all performance and Im starting to think it needs some dress up. Opinions welcome.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I tried the red color and it looked like ass. Your choice though. I just did it sparingly and was much happier with it. I'm going back to black on most things. Blood red under hood mirrors works well though I think.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I have since removed the red loom etc. Only a few areas have red. My MAF is left red since that looks good.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Different color
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I have the red thing going on but its very easy to overdo. I think a good mix of red, polished/black is essential

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yea, I Dont quite know what im going to do. The mirror thing does look good, but I always go back to performance. How much do those weigh? I already have a iron block up front, I dont need any more weight up front on the nose. Im torn between the silver and red Elite catch can. Cant make up my mind.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

The mirrors are dexion so, they don't weigh much at all. I'm not concerned about weight though.

My polished stainless steel door sills added nearly 20 extra pounds.....lol.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Oh yea, I also plan on getting red fuel rails. Im looking at a pair of used FAST rails right now. So that would be just one more thing. New thought.

Red Catch can
    Red FAST Fuel Rails
    Red Optima
    And the little red lettering on the FAST. The FAST will not be getting painted any color. I like it just how it is actually.
    Also thinking the Volant Lid.

I have access to a full paint both evryday at work. Im very good friends with both painters and they always do side jobs 'in house'. So I have just been thinking I could get something painted anytime for next to nothing. But what? under my hood is so boring for other non gear head people to look at. Me, I recognize all that is invested and the quality of parts, others do not. I just want it to stand out alittle more to the girls at the car shows kinda thing.

Then after that, Wire Hide Mod.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

If you're getting the Fuel Rails just for looks, have you considered Fuel Rail Covers instead?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    If you're getting the Fuel Rails just for looks, have you considered Fuel Rail Covers instead?
    Well, there is a SLIGHT benefit from a larger fuel rail. Very slight I know. I usually dont like the look of most under hood's with covers. Just two big pieces of plastic. Options?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Different color
    What color?

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

I think you need 3 colors. Black/sliver and a hint of red. Red looks great, but to much looks busy. I think your primary colors should be black/sliver. And put a little red here and there intill you like it..............Thats just my opinion. Good luck

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, if you don't like FRCs then you should be good with some red FRs. Hint of red as stated would be better than doing what I did last fall.

I'm glad I took most of it off but, I had to see for myself.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by blk99ws6ta View Post
    I think you need 3 colors. Black/sliver and a hint of red. Red looks great, but to much looks busy. I think your primary colors should be black/sliver. And put a little red here and there intill you like it..............Thats just my opinion. Good luck
    I agree -- the red should be minimal. It's easy to overdo it, but a few select items should be fine. How about changing the color of the catch can to something other than red or silver?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blk99ws6ta View Post
    Good idea. Red fuel rails. Red Catch can. Red over priced battery.

Silver/chrome cross over line on fuel rails up front.
    What other lines can i convert over to stainless steel for a small price? I saw a thead TSS started. But I just skimmed over it.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I agree -- the red should be minimal. It's easy to overdo it, but a few select items should be fine. How about changing the color of the catch can to something other than red or silver?
    That was very first idea. Silver Catch can.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

No offense, but IMO that red looks WAY too busy. Stuff like wires and hoses you want to blend in and dissapear, not stick out like a sore thumb.

Yeah, that really looked like crap, good call getting rid of it.

I'd go with a more subtle color, like silver. I also like the look of all that stainless stuff you can get.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Hard to offend me bro. I appreciate the brutal truth. Yeah, red wire loom is more for ricers.

Here is the deal. I saw a 92 or so Camaro that was purple and the girl who owned it had chrome, polished stainless steel and purple wire loom.

It looked really hot and I thought mine would look good with red. I was way wrong and I'm so glad its gone now.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, Damn. Yea, that was too much red loom. I still dont know what color catch can im going with. Im torn between the red and silver.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

LOL. yeah, don't go that far. What is a catch can? Show me or tell me cuz that doesn't sound familiar.

Is that the TCS cover?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information