Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rear Seat Delete

This is a discussion on Rear Seat Delete within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; very nice. just a question. why not subs and amps instead of 6x9's?...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

very nice. just a question. why not subs and amps instead of 6x9's?

orange
    99 z28

almost did, stuck with 6x9's cause if i'd of started with subs i'd of ended up goin ooverboard and having a really heavy box. right now it's light enough that i can put it in/out by myself. plus i made the box to flex cause a little cause i knew it wouldn't have subs, so it hits extremely hard for being 6x9's (same ones i had in the stock rear mounts, this sounds 30x better)

The One and Only ProjectCamaro.com's Avatar

Red
    1999 Z28

Since other people are pointing out what they did here's mine.

Pictures Of My Camaro's
    Because You Can Never Modify To Many Camaro's

Ratdaddy07
    Now that; I like. Selling my old Ramcharger and want to keep the system I have in it, may have just got the idea for where to put it. The whole lose the back seat for weight thing I tried and for the minimal amount of weight lost and considering that weight is in the back, I don't think it helped and may have hurt. I worry about weight in the front now. If I can lose a ton of that then maybe I'll worry about a little in the back.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Very nice, project. what kind of sub is that?

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    LoL, I have this delete kit, with ported holes & the hatch tops... They re-enforced alot of it as well as the holes having metal sleeves around them. PITA's to put on, but I like em alot, they weigh 15lbs and I can store whatever inside em so it's not waisted space.
    The pictures on the website look as if the kit slants up toward the sail panels from the transmission tunnel. Does this kit sit level, or does it slant the way it looks in the pictures?

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Most people remove the rear seats for the weight savings.
    what's the weight saving? 5lbs?? i mean if you're building it out of mdf, then there can't be that much of a weight savings. the seats can't weigh more than 15lbs. the whole back bench is made out of plastic and foam.

i've just never understood the reasoning unless you were doing a strip/track car.

orange
    99 z28

there is no reason, no weight savings (i think i broke even), you lose the back seat...but honestly...my shit is pimp, girls cream their pants when they get in my car, and it sounds amazing.

but please don't use mdf, fiberglass is pretty cheap (my box cost me about $75) and it looks sooooo much better, you're not limited to squares with fiberglass, you can make it any shape you can imagine. and it's easy, if you want i'll write up a "how-to"

edit:

the slanting "kit" is a custom box i made, veerrryy simple, just takes some time and thinking

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    what's the weight saving? 5lbs?? i mean if you're building it out of mdf, then there can't be that much of a weight savings. the seats can't weigh more than 15lbs. the whole back bench is made out of plastic and foam.

i've just never understood the reasoning unless you were doing a strip/track car.
    The rear seats weigh 19 pounds in total.

If you remove all the seat belts except the drivers, thats another 9 pounds.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The rear seats weigh 19 pounds in total.

If you remove all the seat belts except the drivers, thats another 9 pounds.
    but if you're making the kit outta mdf, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?

i could see using fiberglass if you're going to make something cool outta it. but just to but a box sturdy enough for person to sit on for a short trip... wouldn't it make more sense to keep the seats in?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    but if you're making the kit outta mdf, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?

i could see using fiberglass if you're going to make something cool outta it. but just to but a box sturdy enough for person to sit on for a short trip... wouldn't it make more sense to keep the seats in?

orange
    99 z28

i would honestly recommend keeping the seats if possible. i love my box, but not having back seats sucks a$$! i made my box removeable, but some a$$hole stole one of my rear bucket seats (damn brothers drunk retarded friends..lemme catch em...). and even though it's easy to remove, it still has the problem of the t-tops...not that hard to put on, but who wants to bother....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information