Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Rear bumber mod

This is a discussion on Rear bumber mod within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; got my replacment in the mail lastweek. thank a ton guys. im test fitting it this weekend to see how ...

Red
    98 Trans Am

got my replacment in the mail lastweek. thank a ton guys. im test fitting it this weekend to see how the new one fits. im gonna semi gloss it this time to see how it looks since i dont have anything flat black on my car anywhere else. i think semi would look better then flat black. this piece looks just as good as the last one. tell you what though, these things are tough! I had to destroy the last one and take a pic of it to get the new one.... tyring to distroy it (which made me sad lol) took more work then i thought lol Im stood on it and it held up almost to my 260lbs frame. i had to jump on it and beat it to make it crack lol. hopfully i should have it on and done this weekend.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Glad it arrived ok and this one should fit nicely. Enjoy!!

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

I am having the same issue that Joshuagrooms83 is having... Exact same problem on the sides... Just seems to be cut to short... I just got it also... Been trying to fit it myself and to no avail... If anyone from 6LE could contact me it would be a huge help... I have pleanty of pictures to show the issues i am having... Sommer i shot you an email regarding this... thank you all

Pewter
    2002 z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by McNord@6LE View Post
    Like this?
    Click for full size
    Yeah like that!!! ill be first to get it!

Red
    98 Trans Am

not again... the replacment has the same problem. too short from end to end. it still looks good but its just not formed right. ill send or post it up again if needs be but its just too short around the edges in general. it needs about about an inch or more material on the sides and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch material more on the top to help curvee into the bumper lines better.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    not again... the replacment has the same problem. too short from end to end. it still looks good but its just not formed right. ill send or post it up again if needs be but its just too short around the edges in general. it needs about about an inch or more material on the sides and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch material more on the top to help curvee into the bumper lines better.
    Ah that sucks pal... Was hoping the new one you got offered a fix to the previous one that was too short.. Like i posted earlier.... I have the exact same problem as you... I didnt want to tape it all in and it not look right...It's just needs about an inch on each side because it's just not making it to the edges to look flush and nice...I hope there is a way to fix this or make this work... I would like to get this on my car as well... Keep us posted!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information