Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1999 Chevy Camaro

Possible interior option...

I'm looking at cheap but classy interior options for my car.

Heres a quick photochop of what I'm thinking of doing with my interior.

Tried scaling the quality down to get it larger (original size=1600x1200).

I originally wanted to go all black, but now I'm kinda liking the tan and black/ebony interior mix. Have to see how it looks in person... that is if I can find some tan seats cheap .

Let me know what you all like, dislike, or would like me to change.

Current interior (old pics)...

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 03-09-2006 at 06:59 AM.

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

I actually like your interior now, except for the floor mats, they look kinda cheap to me

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
    I actually like your interior now, except for the floor mats, they look kinda cheap to me
    Really?!? I can't stand cloth seats ! I've been wanting leather so damn bad I can taste it (Hhhmmm). But originally I wanted black seats, but after trying this leather option in this picture. I'm kinda leaning more to the tan/Camel ver. much more...

As for the mats, I have changed them. Those are old pics. I unfortunately need the rubber ones because of the weather here in Florida . I've tried the "cloth/rug" ver. and they just disintegrate by the rain and water from my shoes. The rubber ones get dirty, and I just wash them every now and then. It's either the rubber or the stainless steel, lol. Rubber is cheaper to replace.

Newer pic.

Rob

Can you tell me where you got those molded carbon fiber pieces?
    I really like the look of that!

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cfdemarco
    Can you tell me where you got those molded carbon fiber pieces?
    I really like the look of that!
    Well you can spend $300+ at rksport.com (that is if they still have the good ones still availible). Or you can do what I did and made mine myself with a hair dryer, an oven, and some carbon fiber... It's a bitch, but looks nice. Now I'm thinking of replacing them with painted ver. now .

Rob

Yeah, I don't think RK Sport has their kit anymore (at least I couldn't find it on their site).

You did a good job on that man! How hard/costly is it to do something like that?

Thanks for the input

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    Really?!? I can't stand cloth seats ! I've been wanting leather so damn bad I can taste it (Hhhmmm). But originally I wanted black seats, but after trying this leather option in this picture. I'm kinda leaning more to the tan/Camel ver. much more...
    Oh yeah I just noticed you didn't have leather. Leather would be much better too

Red
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

Man I LOVE your work on photoshop!!! To be honest with you I don't like the tan leather interior but what you did looks awesome but I think it would only look good if you did it the EXACT way as you did in the picture cuz if your interior looks anything like it did in the photoshop pic than its definatly a headturner!!!!!!

Couple suggestions.....No carbonfiber (not classy) Get a different shift knob as well...something like this.........http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/pc-...ther-wrap.aspx

Tan interior with alot of brushed aluminum would be real nice if ya ask me...(just my opinion though)

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

ebay is always selling tan or black seats and you can get an entire set for a decent price. As far as changing the interior trim color there is a write up on how to paint them. I painted mine and some of the plastic pieces came out nice and some got screwed up from heat and the paint began to bubble. My mistake was I didnt use primer and it was to much to sand them down all the way and spray them again. If you can find a body shop around you that will spray them that would be sweet too.. b/c they can do it the same color as your car and even bake them for a bit. I got bored with my interior and enjoy the painted pieces that turned out well... but I have to buy the ones a screwed up which isnt the funnest thing.... good luck

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JehalinTA
    ebay is always selling tan or black seats and you can get an entire set for a decent price. As far as changing the interior trim color there is a write up on how to paint them. I painted mine and some of the plastic pieces came out nice and some got screwed up from heat and the paint began to bubble. My mistake was I didnt use primer and it was to much to sand them down all the way and spray them again. If you can find a body shop around you that will spray them that would be sweet too.. b/c they can do it the same color as your car and even bake them for a bit. I got bored with my interior and enjoy the painted pieces that turned out well... but I have to buy the ones a screwed up which isnt the funnest thing.... good luck
    I've been trying to find some seats cheap, but they usually go for about $500+ (not including shipping) . I'd love to spend that much, but the wife would kill me, lol. I'd like to find some in decent shape for half that if possible. I'd much prefer to get just the leather covers and do it myself. But they want even more money for just the covers... .

Painting the trim will be the easier thing to do.. Just need to get a colour that matches one of the two I want to go with. Tan/Camel (try to match the leather colour) or the same as the colour of the car (pewter).

Quote Originally Posted by SSzoe
    Man I LOVE your work on photoshop!!! To be honest with you I don't like the tan leather interior but what you did looks awesome but I think it would only look good if you did it the EXACT way as you did in the picture cuz if your interior looks anything like it did in the photoshop pic than its definatly a headturner!!!!!!

Couple suggestions.....No carbonfiber (not classy) Get a different shift knob as well...something like this.........http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/pc-...ther-wrap.aspx

Tan interior with alot of brushed aluminum would be real nice if ya ask me...(just my opinion though)

Thanks for the complements!!

I hope to do what I did in that pic! I tried many options, but this was the best I could come up with .

No the carbon fiber is coming out and getting replaced with the tan/pewter colour. The only way it would stay, is if I was going with my original idea (all black/ebony).

I kinda like my shift knob. It matches my e-brake . Plus that link is for a M6, I have a A4. Sorry. I want to make it look like a m6, but still function like a a4. I know it sounds stupid and crazy, but I just think the auto look is just too boring to me.

I've thought about the use of brushed aluminum for the interior, but I want to keep it to a minimum. Looks much more classy .

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 03-07-2006 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    I've been trying to find some seats cheap, but they usually go for about $500+ (not including shipping) . I'd love to spend that much, but the wife would kill me, lol. I'd like to find some in decent shape for half that if possible. I'd much prefer to get just the leather covers and do it myself. But they want even more money for just the covers... .

Painting the trim will be the easier thing to do.. Just need to get a colour that matches one of the two I want to go with. Tan/Camel (try to match the leather colour) or the same as the colour of the car (pewter).

Thanks for the complements!!

I hope to do what I did in that pic! I tried many options, but this was the best I could come up with .

No the carbon fiber is coming out and getting replaced with the tan/pewter colour. The only way it would stay, is if I was going with my original idea (all black/ebony).

I kinda like my shift knob. It matches my e-brake . Plus that link is for a M6, I have a A4. Sorry. I want to make it look like a m6, but still function like a a4. I know it sounds stupid and crazy, but I just think the auto look is just too boring to me.

I've thought about the use of brushed aluminum for the interior, but I want to keep it to a minimum. Looks much more classy .

Rob

I might be buying a Camaro this week, and if I do I'd probably be interested in buying your carbon fiber pieces if you're looking to sell. Keep it in mind

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

didnt know you had a pewter car.... I Think having a body shop spray much of the interior trim the same color as your car.... I forget what store online sells this but you can also get the interior carpet done in tan for not that much

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JehalinTA
    didnt know you had a pewter car.... I Think having a body shop spray much of the interior trim the same color as your car.... I forget what store online sells this but you can also get the interior carpet done in tan for not that much
    I'd like to, but too pricey for something so small. I think I can do it myself and save the money. Just need to get a good spray paint in the correct colour .

As for the carpet, hope to get that off ebay for less than a hundred. If you can remember the store, let me know. I'll take a look at it and see how they'er prices are.

Rob

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I like the photoshop pics. I think it looks good what you have in mind.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quick question.

I want to get the word "Chevrolet" in a metal/plastic emblem, with a chrome finish to add to my passenger side on the airbag. I have it in my Photoshop pic waay at the top, but damn Photobucket scaled it down so you can't see the detail.

I can't find it on ebay. Anyone know anywhere to get it elsewhere?!

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 03-09-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Great interior man! One thing IMO looks silly tho: The shift boot on an A4 and your Ebrake up. People who have A4's around me do the same thing, just break down and admit you don't have an M6...just my opinion tho.

pewter
    2001 camaro z28

if you go with leather seats dont get the tan colored ones...dont really like them just my opinion

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Great interior man! One thing IMO looks silly tho: The shift boot on an A4 and your Ebrake up. People who have A4's around me do the same thing, just break down and admit you don't have an M6...just my opinion tho.

But I don't wanna, lol!! Every time I look at it without the boot it makes me sad.

Rob

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by z28_81
    if you go with leather seats dont get the tan colored ones...dont really like them just my opinion
    I kinda wanna do a two tone option. And red and white wont match my colour scheme. This seems to be the only other thing I can do with my interior, other than just go all black. If this doesn't work, I'll go with my second opinion .

Rob

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

I like the current interior setup and your proposed setup - the 2-tone looks good - especially if done 'tastefully'

I do agree that you should dump the shift boot - first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was a shower cap that old ladies wear...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information