Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Pics of before & after exhaust polishing

This is a discussion on Pics of before & after exhaust polishing within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Before: After: I still plan to take some 1000 & 1600 grit to it to finish it off, but its ...

  1. #1
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Pics of before & after exhaust polishing

    Before:


    After:






    I still plan to take some 1000 & 1600 grit to it to finish it off, but its made leaps & bounds so far

  2. #2
    Local Idiot Selah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Age
    35
    Posts
    221

    Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2005 GTO

    Stupid question. Why? It looks good, but I don't get it

  3. #3
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    u have probally one of the best camaro's i have ever seen

  4. #4
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Thanks guys, yes I am anal, but to answer the question, my Camaro is a pure love of mine and I show it often
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  5. #5
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Thanks guys, yes I am anal, but to answer the question, my Camaro is a pure love of mine and I show it often
    heck i wished my motor looked 10 percent as good as yours ! u have put lots of $$$$ and work into your car. hats off to u

  6. #6
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Its a great feeling to get feedback from you guys like this. And I enjoy learning stuff from my personal experiences and then being able to help others do similar things, its rewarding. I know, that sounds mushy,

  7. #7
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its a great feeling to get feedback from you guys like this. And I enjoy learning stuff from my personal experiences and then being able to help others do similar things, its rewarding. I know, that sounds mushy,
    this is no joke..i really love my car, heck u might say i am obsessed with it lol, BUT if my car had all the bling and goodies your car has, holly cow batman i think i would hug and kiss it good-night lol. Everytime I park my car at work i always look back at it 2 or 3 times and admire it lol. Man I love Camaro's, have since I was a little kid.

  8. #8
    Pistol Pete '96 Z28SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cowboy Country Stillwater, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    265

    Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Thanks guys, yes I am anal, but to answer the question, my Camaro is a pure love of mine and I show it often
    borrowed from another member
    "meus superbia exuro profundus! translated, my pride burns deep! "

  9. #9
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post
    Shit and i thought i was bad, you put my anal ass to shame.

    I have seen lots of pics of yours Kages, and it has a ton of work, a lot of pride in it and is a really nice Camaro as well

  10. #10
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    this is no joke..i really love my car, heck u might say i am obsessed with it lol, BUT if my car had all the bling and goodies your car has, holly cow batman i think i would hug and kiss it good-night lol. Everytime I park my car at work i always look back at it 2 or 3 times and admire it lol. Man I love Camaro's, have since I was a little kid.
    You guys are making me all warm inside

  11. #11
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You guys are making me all warm inside
    just giving up some respect where its deserved....dang i gotta got to sleep always up 2 late on ls1.com lol

  12. #12
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    I'm on LS1.com basically from 10:00AM till 11:30PM. Might sound kind of pathetic or nerdy, but I can't really do anything else. I can''t walk real well.
    Oops. Off subject. Sweet lookin car man!
    The brown from the welding on your y-pipe can come off with fine steel wool and acetone. I know I told you this before but Don't sand that or the aluminized finish will come right off and rust.
    Now you just need to paint that rear. I am already jelous of some paint exterior paint jobs, now I'm jelous of your undercarriage.

  13. #13
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    I wish I had that kind of time! That's some good work you have going. I was trying to find time just to paint mine.

  14. #14
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I'm on LS1.com basically from 10:00AM till 11:30PM. Might sound kind of pathetic or nerdy, but I can't really do anything else. I can''t walk real well.
    Oops. Off subject. Sweet lookin car man!
    The brown from the welding on your y-pipe can come off with fine steel wool and acetone. I know I told you this before but Don't sand that or the aluminized finish will come right off and rust.
    Now you just need to paint that rear. I am already jelous of some paint exterior paint jobs, now I'm jelous of your undercarriage.
    Thanks for the huge props

    I am strongly considering either zoop sealing or clear coating as soon as I finish with it. I got to check how safe it would be to Zoop first though. I know you are right about the rusting, but I have sadly nearly turned this car into a 1:1 scale model car

  15. #15
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I wish I had that kind of time! That's some good work you have going. I was trying to find time just to paint mine.
    Thank you!

  16. #16
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    We get some exhaust tubing in sometimes with clear coat on it. It holds up pretty well.

  17. #17
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    i'm almost as anal. when i'm bored, i clean the underside of my car as well. makes it better to work on. i don't get as dirty. things don't get rusted. you can find leaks easier when you have one.

    i was so bored one day, i polished the crosspipe on the bassani system in the rear of the wife's car. stainless can get to a mirror finish when done right.

    i was bored another time and polished my aluminum driveshaft.
    Last edited by mrr23; 01-21-2007 at 07:33 PM.

  18. #18
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i'm almost as anal. when i'm bored, i clean the underside of my car as well. makes it better to work on. i don't get as dirty. things don't get rusted. you can find leaks easier when you have one.

    i was so bored one day, i polished the crosspipe on the bassani system in the rear of the wife's car. stainless can get to a mirror finish when done right.

    i was bored another time and polished my aluminum driveshaft.
    what do u use to clean the underside ?

  19. #19
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i'm almost as anal. when i'm bored, i clean the underside of my car as well. makes it better to work on. i don't get as dirty. things don't get rusted. you can find leaks easier when you have one.

    i was so bored one day, i polished the crosspipe on the bassani system in the rear of the wife's car. stainless can get to a mirror finish when done right.

    i was bored another time and polished my aluminum driveshaft.






    I was bored today, so I decided to finish polishing the exhaust. I went up to 1000 grit on it today followed by Mother's polish and its pretty darn close to how I want it now. I agree with being able to find leaks and lots easier to work on when its clean too. I have 2 driveshafts, one is painted and one is polished as well. I am sick, I know

  20. #20
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    what do u use to clean the underside ?
    Simple Green and rags is the best thing I have found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Polishing SLP LM1 Dual Exhaust tips?
    By mammoth713 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM
  2. Polishing center mount exhaust?
    By illcul8troffcr in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
  3. Did some more polishing on my exhaust today
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. copycat before and after exhaust polishing
    By mrr23 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Want to see some cat back exhaust tip pics
    By 98-LS1 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •