SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Pics of 01SOMSS! @LA invasion carshow

Sup guys, this last Monday I went to LA invasion car show. I had a blast. I snaped some pics of my ride so you guys can see what she currently looks like. Not much different. I just picked up a few minor things. New tripod,white faced gauge with SS decal and built number,SLp rear emblem,and a really cool polished windshiel fluid revisor.
    Before-

after

I also went with a custom LM exhaust since my corsa took a dump on me. I ended up placing 2nd.A blk SS took 1st. place. The judges told me that they couldnt decide between us. they had to narrow it down to the small details.The blk SS had more polished bolts than me. he had some pretty cool bolts that had the chevy bowtie. that's what gave him the win over me.I can't complain, I had fun and my car looked the best its ever looked along with the rest of the cars.Enjoy!

Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 09:42 PM.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 09:47 PM.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

and this was the 1st place winner.

if you guys want to see the rest of the car here are the links.
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927323
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927223
    http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/lainvasionfontana/
    Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

Car looks GREAT!!! I still need to pick up that issue of Camaro Performers... CONGRATS!!!

I think yours looks better Louis. Especially the interior. Oh well. Congrats on 2nd, did you get a trophy or anything for your hard work ?

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

thanks Derek!

nah! they only awarded the 1st place.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

It looks absolutley gorgeous!!!!
    1998 SS-Navy Blue metalic, 6-spd,Stainless OBX-R long tubes, t-tops, leather, 17" chrome ZR1's, magnaflow catback, slp airlid, mail order tune.......

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

NICE! Those judges were out of there minds...The only thing I like more about the black SS is the CME and the rims.

Thats a pretty sick looking SOM TA in the back ground.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

As far as interior goes, I do think my car has a flashier interior. George has a more stelth look, but nicely touched. Notice how his bezels form the center consol,and the ac bezel are painted in a gloss black. that made the blk. interior pop out to me along with that SLp custom badge.another cool thing he had was the slp emblem on the sub frame connectors.that was a nice touch.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    As far as interior goes, I do think my car has a flashier interior. George has a more stelth look, but nicely touched. Notice how his bezels form the center consol,and the ac bezel are painted in a gloss black. that made the blk. interior pop out to me along with that SLp custom badge.another cool thing he had was the slp emblem on the sub frame connectors.that was a nice touch.

Maybe it looks better in person, but in the pics the painted interior bits just look tacky. And he's not even running a custom shifter knob! That's the first thing I'd change if I had a Camaro, showcar or not. I HATE that stock shifter knob! Luckily as a Pontiac owner, I don't have that problem.

Like I said on Tech, you should have won. As far as details, your painted coils look great, and that polished washer tank is way trick. Not to mention you have a much more interesting paint and interior color combo. I think I like his wheels better, just because they're a little more unique, but don't get me wrong, I love TTII's.

Just my .02 though.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

thanks for the compliments

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    NICE! Those judges were out of there minds...The only thing I like more about the black SS is the CME and the rims.

Thats a pretty sick looking SOM TA in the back ground.
    Heh. I hate those big rims and the "quad tip" center mount exhaust.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Both nice cars, I would have awarded 1st place to the black SS as well, assuming the paint quality is equal and here is why.

First off, it doesn't appear in any of those pictures that you opened your rear hatch which would hurt you in judging usually. Judges want to look everywhere for cleanliness. The black one had his rear hatch open if you notice in the pictures.

Secondly, his interior flows better than yours. The black mats with your tan carpet absolutely kill the look of your interior. If its a personal preference thing, thats cool, but most judges would probably frown on it. His interior with the SS badges on the console looks out of place but overall I like the look of his interior better from those pictures. I do like the door sills, but not sure if I like how they look installed. I would like to see better pictures of it. I would also remove the steering wheel cover for show purposes too, I know it serves a good purpose, but its nothing to look at.

Lastly, his high end wheels and CME(even though he has the lame 4 tips) are huge bonuses in his favor.

Both of them have a very nice stance, so thats a wash.

Engine bay is really no contest, he needs to work on a theme for his engine bay, its a mess IMO. Yours has a theme and a damn good one.

Now ask me which one of those 2 Camaro's I would prefer to own
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 05-31-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Both nice cars, I would have awarded 1st place to the black SS as well, assuming the paint quality is equal and here is why.

First off, it doesn't appear in any of those pictures that you opened your rear hatch which would hurt you in judging usually. Judges want to look everywhere for cleanliness. The black one had his rear hatch open if you notice in the pictures.

Secondly, his interior flows better than yours. The black mats with your tan carpet absolutely kill the look of your interior. If its a personal preference thing, thats cool, but most judges would probably frown on it. His interior with the SS badges on the console looks out of place but overall I like the look of his interior better from those pictures. I do like the door sills, but not sure if I like how they look installed. I would like to see better pictures of it. I would also remove the steering wheel cover for show purposes too, I know it serves a good purpose, but its nothing to look at.

Lastly, his high end wheels and CME(even though he has the lame 4 tips) are huge bonuses in his favor.

Both of them have a very nice stance, so thats a wash.

Engine bay is really no contest, he needs to work on a theme for his engine bay, its a mess IMO. Yours has a theme and a damn good one.

Now ask me which one of those 2 Camaro's I would prefer to own
    Thanks for the tips.
    Now let me ask you which of the 2 camaro's would you perfer to own?
    Let me down easy plz...lol!

silver
    2002 SS

Thumbs up

Hey 01SOMSS, what grille is that? That looks awesome! And where can I find it?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    Thanks for the tips.
    Now let me ask you which of the 2 camaro's would you perfer to own?
    Let me down easy plz...lol!
    Yours of course, but I would trade the wheels off the black one for yours. Then that way I would have 2 Camaro's with CCWs

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

thanks guys, but I posted the pics so you guys can admire both cars I dont care about who placed 1st or second. I just wanted to update you guys on my ride.Thanks for the compliments I know the owner of the blk SS and trust me that blk SS looks badass hands down.

Thread Information