Results 1 to 17 of 17

Pics of 01SOMSS! @LA invasion carshow

This is a discussion on Pics of 01SOMSS! @LA invasion carshow within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Sup guys, this last Monday I went to LA invasion car show. I had a blast. I snaped some pics ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    Pics of 01SOMSS! @LA invasion carshow

    Sup guys, this last Monday I went to LA invasion car show. I had a blast. I snaped some pics of my ride so you guys can see what she currently looks like. Not much different. I just picked up a few minor things. New tripod,white faced gauge with SS decal and built number,SLp rear emblem,and a really cool polished windshiel fluid revisor.
    Before-

    after

    I also went with a custom LM exhaust since my corsa took a dump on me. I ended up placing 2nd.A blk SS took 1st. place. The judges told me that they couldnt decide between us. they had to narrow it down to the small details.The blk SS had more polished bolts than me. he had some pretty cool bolts that had the chevy bowtie. that's what gave him the win over me.I can't complain, I had fun and my car looked the best its ever looked along with the rest of the cars.Enjoy!













    Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 10:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS










    Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 10:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    and this was the 1st place winner.













    if you guys want to see the rest of the car here are the links.
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927323
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927223
    http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/lainvasionfontana/
    Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-29-2008 at 10:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Member BlueMagicSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    295

    Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

    Car looks GREAT!!! I still need to pick up that issue of Camaro Performers... CONGRATS!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    I think yours looks better Louis. Especially the interior. Oh well. Congrats on 2nd, did you get a trophy or anything for your hard work ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    thanks Derek!


    nah! they only awarded the 1st place.

  7. #7
    Junior Member ivan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    56

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS

    It looks absolutley gorgeous!!!!
    1998 SS-Navy Blue metalic, 6-spd,Stainless OBX-R long tubes, t-tops, leather, 17" chrome ZR1's, magnaflow catback, slp airlid, mail order tune.......

  8. #8
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    NICE! Those judges were out of there minds...The only thing I like more about the black SS is the CME and the rims.

    Thats a pretty sick looking SOM TA in the back ground.

  9. #9
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    As far as interior goes, I do think my car has a flashier interior. George has a more stelth look, but nicely touched. Notice how his bezels form the center consol,and the ac bezel are painted in a gloss black. that made the blk. interior pop out to me along with that SLp custom badge.another cool thing he had was the slp emblem on the sub frame connectors.that was a nice touch.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    As far as interior goes, I do think my car has a flashier interior. George has a more stelth look, but nicely touched. Notice how his bezels form the center consol,and the ac bezel are painted in a gloss black. that made the blk. interior pop out to me along with that SLp custom badge.another cool thing he had was the slp emblem on the sub frame connectors.that was a nice touch.

    Maybe it looks better in person, but in the pics the painted interior bits just look tacky. And he's not even running a custom shifter knob! That's the first thing I'd change if I had a Camaro, showcar or not. I HATE that stock shifter knob! Luckily as a Pontiac owner, I don't have that problem.

    Like I said on Tech, you should have won. As far as details, your painted coils look great, and that polished washer tank is way trick. Not to mention you have a much more interesting paint and interior color combo. I think I like his wheels better, just because they're a little more unique, but don't get me wrong, I love TTII's.

    Just my .02 though.

  11. #11
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    thanks for the compliments

  12. #12
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    NICE! Those judges were out of there minds...The only thing I like more about the black SS is the CME and the rims.

    Thats a pretty sick looking SOM TA in the back ground.
    Heh. I hate those big rims and the "quad tip" center mount exhaust.

  13. #13
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Both nice cars, I would have awarded 1st place to the black SS as well, assuming the paint quality is equal and here is why.

    First off, it doesn't appear in any of those pictures that you opened your rear hatch which would hurt you in judging usually. Judges want to look everywhere for cleanliness. The black one had his rear hatch open if you notice in the pictures.

    Secondly, his interior flows better than yours. The black mats with your tan carpet absolutely kill the look of your interior. If its a personal preference thing, thats cool, but most judges would probably frown on it. His interior with the SS badges on the console looks out of place but overall I like the look of his interior better from those pictures. I do like the door sills, but not sure if I like how they look installed. I would like to see better pictures of it. I would also remove the steering wheel cover for show purposes too, I know it serves a good purpose, but its nothing to look at.

    Lastly, his high end wheels and CME(even though he has the lame 4 tips) are huge bonuses in his favor.

    Both of them have a very nice stance, so thats a wash.

    Engine bay is really no contest, he needs to work on a theme for his engine bay, its a mess IMO. Yours has a theme and a damn good one.

    Now ask me which one of those 2 Camaro's I would prefer to own
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 05-31-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Both nice cars, I would have awarded 1st place to the black SS as well, assuming the paint quality is equal and here is why.

    First off, it doesn't appear in any of those pictures that you opened your rear hatch which would hurt you in judging usually. Judges want to look everywhere for cleanliness. The black one had his rear hatch open if you notice in the pictures.

    Secondly, his interior flows better than yours. The black mats with your tan carpet absolutely kill the look of your interior. If its a personal preference thing, thats cool, but most judges would probably frown on it. His interior with the SS badges on the console looks out of place but overall I like the look of his interior better from those pictures. I do like the door sills, but not sure if I like how they look installed. I would like to see better pictures of it. I would also remove the steering wheel cover for show purposes too, I know it serves a good purpose, but its nothing to look at.

    Lastly, his high end wheels and CME(even though he has the lame 4 tips) are huge bonuses in his favor.

    Both of them have a very nice stance, so thats a wash.

    Engine bay is really no contest, he needs to work on a theme for his engine bay, its a mess IMO. Yours has a theme and a damn good one.

    Now ask me which one of those 2 Camaro's I would prefer to own
    Thanks for the tips.
    Now let me ask you which of the 2 camaro's would you perfer to own?
    Let me down easy plz...lol!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    maricopa
    Posts
    18

    silver
    2002 SS

    Thumbs up

    Hey 01SOMSS, what grille is that? That looks awesome! And where can I find it?

  16. #16
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    Thanks for the tips.
    Now let me ask you which of the 2 camaro's would you perfer to own?
    Let me down easy plz...lol!
    Yours of course, but I would trade the wheels off the black one for yours. Then that way I would have 2 Camaro's with CCWs

  17. #17
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    thanks guys, but I posted the pics so you guys can admire both cars I dont care about who placed 1st or second. I just wanted to update you guys on my ride.Thanks for the compliments I know the owner of the blk SS and trust me that blk SS looks badass hands down.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. some pics at a carshow
    By TNTramair in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
  2. Carshow + New camera = Pics
    By 2MuchFun in forum Member's Rides
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 06:04 AM
  3. Pics of 01SOMSS! @LA invasion carshow
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 10:17 PM
  4. 08' is Looking Good For 01SOMSS!Lots of Pics:)
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
  5. 08' is Looking Good For 01SOMSS!Lots of Pics:)
    By 01SOMSS! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 11:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •