Thread: painting

White
    1999 Camaro SS

painting

im painting my engine bay and the plastic pieces like bumper support and the coils ect... what sand paper should i use and any other things i should do while the engine is dropped other then the wire mod on the passenger fender ?

White
    1999 Camaro SS

no one knows? any hints on how i can get some replys on some on my post it seems like when i do post something with oout pictures i dont get anything out of it and just go to ls1tech and sometimes still dont get anything

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

First, don't go to that other site you mentioned. Waste of time.

Second, for the coils, clean them and scuff them up so the paint will adhere.

As for the bumper support, I didn't have to sand mine, just painted it and it turned out fine. It would depend on what condition yours is in as to what kind of sandpaper it needs. You should also scuff up the backs of the headlights and paint them black. You can paint the valve covers, remove any stickers/decals, and cleancleanclean.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post

As for the bumper support, I didn't have to sand mine, just painted it and it turned out fine. It would depend on what condition yours is in as to what kind of sandpaper it needs. You should also scuff up the backs of the headlights and paint them black. You can paint the valve covers, remove any stickers/decals, and cleancleanclean.
    Agree! Unless you're looking for some particular look, just mostly make sure what you're painting is CLEAN of all and any crap that paint does'nt like.. I painted my top end,coils and my coolant diverter, no sanding persay.. I used a good degreaser, and chemically cleaned and scrubbed with 3m pads (except for mating surfaces) washed in/with hot as you can stand soapy water (where feasable) and allowed to thoroughly dry then painted..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post

yes i planed on the head lights

and since you live in ba you should swing by some time and take a look at my car i live on 51st mingo free beer not to many though haha i wouldnt mind looking at your beast ether it would probably be the cleanest camaro i have ever seen in person

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Agree! Unless you're looking for some particular look, just mostly make sure what you're painting is CLEAN of all and any crap that paint does'nt like.. I painted my top end,coils and my coolant diverter, no sanding persay.. I used a good degreaser, and chemically cleaned and scrubbed with 3m pads (except for mating surfaces) washed in/with hot as you can stand soapy water (where feasable) and allowed to thoroughly dry then painted..
    yeah i have some simple green a 3 gallon bottle of it that i plan on cleaning the crap out of my car with to get some rubber bugs and other dirt and grim off from under the car under the hood and the front bumper

Thread Information