Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Painted Bumper Support Mod

This is a discussion on Painted Bumper Support Mod within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Ive been looking into getting one of those for a long time now. They are 92 bucks from the company ...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Ive been looking into getting one of those for a long time now. They are 92 bucks from the company i do believe... You should send me more pics of your engine bay.. me likey...

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Ive been looking into getting one of those for a long time now. They are 92 bucks from the company i do believe... You should send me more pics of your engine bay.. me likey...
    Yeah, I put it off for quite awhile due to the price also. Finally made up my mind to do it. I've been thinking about taking it off and tracing it on polished stainless steel also.

I've been working on getting rid of the red loom and replacing with the black so, its work in progress.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I have done mine on my WS6 along with the plastic around the headlights, and painted my brakelines also....
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    Ok F-body guys here is a very cheap and easy appearance mod you can do to your engine, that will make it look much better.

Tools needed:

1. One can of spray paint color of your choice. Mine was Gloss black.
    2. Flathead screwdriver
    3. 10mm wrench
    4. Pliers

There are five plastic pins in the front. Just pry the pins up a little with your screwdriver and pull them out with your pliers. There are two bolts in the middle and two nuts on each side that need removing. On the Trans am you must have your headlights up to take out the four bolts. Take the support out, clean it up and paint away. If you are real pickie you can sand and primer. While you have the support out its a good time to clean-up the area. Let it dry, re-install and enjoy your new appearance mod

Before-

Click for full size

Click for full size

After-

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Well done. Great improvement.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    Well done. Great improvement.
    thanks

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28 vert

im havin trouble gettin the pins out of the bumper, when ever i pull ont them with my pliers they just slip off and dont move. ideas anybody?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by rsg98Z28 View Post
    im havin trouble gettin the pins out of the bumper, when ever i pull ont them with my pliers they just slip off and dont move. ideas anybody?
    take a flathead screwdriver and pry them up high enough so you can grip them with you pliers and just pull them right out

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

Ok F-body guys here is a very cheap and easy appearance mod you can do to your engine, that will make it look much better.

Tools needed:

1. One can of spray paint color of your choice. Mine was Gloss black.
    2. Flathead screwdriver
    3. 10mm wrench
    4. Pliers

There are five plastic pins in the front. Just pry the pins up a little with your screwdriver and pull them out with your pliers. There are two bolts in the middle and two nuts on each side that need removing. On the Trans am you must have your headlights up to take out the four bolts. Take the support out, clean it up and paint away. If you are real pickie you can sand and primer. While you have the support out its a good time to clean-up the area. Let it dry, re-install and enjoy your new appearance mod

Before-

Click for full size

Click for full size

After-

Click for full size

Click for full size

LOOKS AWSOME!
    I am stongly considering doing this myself.
    What brand of hi-temp paint did you use...VHT or Dupli-Color?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by SS#337 View Post
    LOOKS AWSOME!
    I am stongly considering doing this myself.
    What brand of hi-temp paint did you use...VHT or Dupli-Color?
    thanks...............Dupli-color

Black
    2002 T/A WS.6 -- ASC#12

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    while everybody is doing this mod, has anyone considered painting the windshield washer fluid tank? I'm considering painting mine but I just can't see what it might look like... cheap? or clean? if anyone has done it let me know...
    Mine is painted and sitting on my dining table, along with the bumper support and base of the air lid. I will post pics as soon as I get batteries. But I will not have all this on the car for a couple of weeks as I am also doing some powder coating and painting on other parts under the hood... Pics to follow then too!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky 13 View Post
    Mine is painted and sitting on my dining table, along with the bumper support and base of the air lid. I will post pics as soon as I get batteries. But I will not have all this on the car for a couple of weeks as I am also doing some powder coating and painting on other parts under the hood... Pics to follow then too!
    Unless you have a clear one, paint the lid also

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

thanks...............Dupli-color
    Ok, great Thanks. Also, I was thinking about painting the SLP logo on the lid Silver and the rest gloss black including the base, back of headlights and headlight assembly. Any ideas on how to get the logo just right since it is bubbled up? May have to try to mask it somehow.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Ok, great Thanks. Also, I was thinking about painting the SLP logo on the lid Silver and the rest gloss black including the base, back of headlights and headlight assembly. Any ideas on how to get the logo just right since it is bubbled up? May have to try to mask it somehow.
    Remove the SLP letters and paint the entire lid. Thats what I did. I am going to put some SS letters like on the side and rear on the airlid. Here is a pic of my lid and back of headlights.

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

Remove the SLP letters and paint the entire lid. Thats what I did. I am going to put some SS letters like on the side and rear on the airlid. Here is a pic of my lid and back of headlights.
    Yep I would but my lid has the logo molded into it...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Click for full size
    I see...........well you could see paint it all and the SLP will have the subtle look

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

I see...........well you could see paint it all and the SLP will have the subtle look
    Yep, I could...I was also thinking about adding my build# under the logo so wanted all of it to sort of pop out...maybe two tone color it, lid silver, letters black...just brainstorming. Thanks for the feedback and the write-up.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Yep, I could...I was also thinking about adding my build# under the logo so wanted all of it to sort of pop out...maybe two tone color it, lid silver, letters black...just brainstorming. Thanks for the feedback and the write-up.
    you are welcome sir

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

wow im impressed, that is a noticeable diffence and yet so simple....ill be doing this one for sure...

Onyx Black
    2002 SS

Click for full size
    Sorry to bring this back after months of inactivity, but I am just now getting around to painting the bumper support, back of headlights and also want to do the lid and base. Does anyone know how the hose coming out the side of the lid is removed? There is a metal piece that goes from the lid and then into a rubber hose; they don't seem to want to come apart. Also, what is this hose for? I can't seem to figure it out. Appreciate any help......
    Last edited by SS#337; 03-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Sorry to bring this back after months of inactivity, but I am just now getting around to painting the bumper support, back of headlights and also want to do the lid and base. Does anyone know how the hose coming out the side of the lid is removed? There is a metal piece that goes from the lid and then into a rubber hose; they don't seem to want to come apart. Also, what is this hose for? I can't seem to figure it out. Appreciate any help......
    just undo the clamp and with some twisting and pulling, it should come off... that hose goes to your AIR pump, which takes clean air and shoves it into your exhaust manifolds to dillute the exhaust gasses, most ppl will remove this system if they put Long Tube headers on, but doing so will through a Service Engine light.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information