Opnions ?? Hampton Vinyl with Leatherette Grain

This is a discussion on Opnions ?? Hampton Vinyl with Leatherette Grain within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I recently ran across a set of seat covers that look bad ass in the pics have pewter stripes down ...

VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

Opnions ?? Hampton Vinyl with Leatherette Grain

I recently ran across a set of seat covers that look bad ass in the pics have pewter stripes down the center of black and the pics look leather, but after reading I found out its vinyl. I really love my leather so my question is has anyone seen this stuff first hand? Opnions look/feel /etc. Its one of those things that I'd hate to order it (not be able to return it) and after seeing it in hand hate it. I'm going to take your opnions and judge if its worth the $. Let me know.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by T/A Addicted View Post
    I recently ran across a set of seat covers that look bad ass in the pics have pewter stripes down the center of black and the pics look leather, but after reading I found out its vinyl. I really love my leather so my question is has anyone seen this stuff first hand? Opnions look/feel /etc. Its one of those things that I'd hate to order it (not be able to return it) and after seeing it in hand hate it. I'm going to take your opnions and judge if its worth the $. Let me know.
    It all depends on the quality of the vinyl. In my old Camaro one of my rear seats had a huge tear in it. I took it to the local upholster shop and they said the smart thing to do would be to save some money and buy a high quality vinyl to re cover the seat. When I got the car back after they had finished the install I could barely tell any difference and quite frankly the vinyl is easier to care for and less likely to wear.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I'm looking at some replacement covers from a company called camarokingla.com They are front, back, and door panel inserts for $850 in two-tone. Genuine leather.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

these are just slip-over covers right? i say no, they ALWAYS look tacky and never fit right. if you love your leather why would you cover it up!? if youre trying to protect it, just clean and condition it regularly.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    these are just slip-over covers right? i say no, they ALWAYS look tacky and never fit right. if you love your leather why would you cover it up!? if youre trying to protect it, just clean and condition it regularly.
    No there not slip over, there replacements and made specifically for the vehicle. My concern wasnt so much over fitment as the vinyl v/s leather its ebay item # 250543218223

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

No there not slip over, there replacements and made specifically for the vehicle. My concern wasnt so much over fitment as the vinyl v/s leather its ebay item # 250543218223
    looking at them on ebay I'm not a huge fan of how dark the vinyl is, it almost clashes with the grey carpet
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I'm looking at some replacement covers from a company called camarokingla.com They are front, back, and door panel inserts for $850 in two-tone. Genuine leather.
    we're looking at the same products-i didn't realize they aren't real leather. That actually pisses me off....i'm gonna rethink some stuff now.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

we're looking at the same products-i didn't realize they aren't real leather. That actually pisses me off....i'm gonna rethink some stuff now.
    Yeah I did the same thing, The pics look like leather but when I went back and tried to find a manufacturer to try to do a net wide search for price comparison thats when I noticed the Hampton Vinyl part. The design is the exact look I want I just dont know if I'd be happy with vinyl. If it is as good in person as the pics I could handle it. I have searched my ass off looking for options on the net, as far as I can tell there are very few. (and as time goes on my guess is there will be even fewer) My seats are in perfect condition now, but what about a few years down the road. I took the plunge last night as the only negative responses posted were about color/fitment, with no one bad mouthing the material itself. You helped push me over the edge, cause the site you sent shows alot of real nice cars with attention to detail so I figureed they may be as anal as I am. LOL Ill let ya know when they arrive.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

BY THE WAY TSS I TALKED HIM DOWN TO $850 SHIPPED FROM THE ORIGINAL $899 + $35 s/h. SO IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO WITH THEM GIVE NEGOTATION A TRY. lol

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

BY THE WAY TSS I TALKED HIM DOWN TO $850 SHIPPED FROM THE ORIGINAL $899 + $35 s/h. SO IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO WITH THEM GIVE NEGOTATION A TRY. lol
    He wants to purchase a bunch of our ws.6 emblems for their custom cars so negotiation is allready in the works. Thanks man! My big fear is the color. My car is ebony, but it's not OIL BLACK like those photos. He told me recently they've changed materials to a softer, matte finish which seems to look better in the cars. I'm awaiting a set of samples from them too make my final decision. Over all, that guy (Robert) has been incredibly helpful!

This is the set i'm considering: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 02-19-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I know in my Camaro Naugahyde is used for quite a bit of the seats. The only parts that were real leather were the center sections.

It's hard to tell the difference...in fact the company I had reupholster my seats didn't know for sure until they took the covers off and looked at the back.

Thread Information