Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

Oh no! Not the Nose!

Hey guys i have a problem and i want your guys opinions..okay from these pics (sorry bad lighting and phone)..there is a wrinkle from what i assume the previous owner hit something or whatever..and the other pic you can see where on the passenger side its slightly stick up..my theory as to why the power wash has blown 3 parking light bulbs and water keeps sneakin in there lol..anyways. Do you guys think i have to replace the nose? Or is it "sandable" and paint can remedy the situation with the wrinkle? And do you think this is enough to get insurance involved...got a nasty scratch at wal mart..and bondo is cracking on the back..damn cheap people (previous owners) Thanks in advance!

-Drew

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/y...421/Trans%20Am

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks fixable to me. We did a front end re-paint on our car last year to fix the hood and front bumper. You may want to get the front end in the air and try to adjust your bumper and fender alignment. As long as the metal supports aren't waffled you should be able to get it to fit better. I see you also have the infamous door crack in your last pic.

Favor please? Avoid the all bold type... it hurts my old guy eyes.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

from what i can tell the bumper looks like an easy fix to me. definitely can be sanded and repainted. did you buy the car like this or did the bumper recently get hit?
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

Bought it like this..and i got a big scratch at wal mart..and now bondo from previous owner is cracking on the passenger under the sail panel..think i can get insurance involved? That slight raise in the front end..i think is how waters getting in there. But cant be certain. Well im curious of this cuz this guy at the shop said.."theres no way to fix this. You need a whole new front end". first to say that tho..but kinda got me worried lol.
    Last edited by TransAmPhantom; 06-15-2010 at 04:26 AM.
    1992 Black/Gold Bandit Style Firebird (Retired)
    1998 Blue/Green Formy A4 (Gone)
    2002 Dark Blue Trans Am A4 (Daily Drive)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds to me like he is trying to sell his services. Even if the bumper cover is cracked or torn it can be repaired. If properly done it will be essentially invisible.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

i'm not exactly sure how you are going to get insurance involved.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sounds to me like he is trying to sell his services. Even if the bumper cover is cracked or torn it can be repaired. If properly done it will be essentially invisible.
    agreed

Red
    1966 GMC, 2003 Dodge Ram

Yeah definitely sounds like some b.s. being sold there

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If bondo was used on the sail panel, it maybe cracking due to the GM adhesive underneath the panel.. Nothing short of panel and old glue removal with a new panel replacement will fix that..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Any good body shop would be able to repair that. Sounds like he wants to make extra money off you. Should be an easy fix.
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

i see...thanks guys!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Any good body shop would be able to repair that. Sounds like he wants to make extra money off you. Should be an easy fix.
    If you consider they have to remove the panel, which will not survive being removed. It's about $500.00 for a new sail panel.. You can't just "fix" the old one.. The glue GM used is costic and will eventually cause the paint to bubble and crack.. Repaint and bondo are useless the bubbles and cracks will return.. As I said nothing short of a replacement panel and different adhesive will work.. I'm not sure I'd call it an "easy fix"... PAjeff has a write up around from doing his, prolly a bit of a pita..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-26-2010 at 03:02 PM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I agree. That nose is saveable. If you have the time, you could most likely repair that yourself.

Dark Blue
    2000 WS6 M6

I have the time..just im only 19 and my skill level is very mediocre on cars..no fam who is a "real" or "trustworthy" car person that can help without screwing me over somehow. And i have severe adhd so its hard to just read completely. But i have a strong desire to do my own work and interest in cars..cant wait to start college early next year for it =)..i know this is body work not mechanics lol..but i just wanna get this car in good order. Traded almost straight across my 98 formula with more miles for it..but this o2 has cosmetic issues. And a couple minor mechanical..but i wanna get it good. And im ashamed for as much as i do try and read on this and ls1tech.com i know a FEW things..but simple crap like premium gas is something i cant believe ive over looked..so i got a lot to work on..but im willing to learn. noone to teach tho lol
    Last edited by TransAmPhantom; 06-26-2010 at 06:36 PM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

There is almost no bumper that can't be saved. If a tab is ripped it can be glued toghter and so can an rips. The only ones I won't fix are anything about 4" , I can buy aftermarker bumpers for the cheap Honda's and KIA's that come in for $40. In your case I would jack it up and pull the front bumper and check all the tabs if their ripped you have to repair it then just reinstall and a bumper will align itself. Check and make sure nothing it bent where it attaches if they are get some pliers or a hammer and jusp bump them back in line nice and easy as not to over do it and make more work.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information