Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

The new toy!

This is a discussion on The new toy! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I second the nice ride! I was very impressed with it when I got to drive a old GF's H3. ...

  1. #41
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    I second the nice ride!

    I was very impressed with it when I got to drive a old GF's H3. The only thing I found wrong with it, was the small windows. Didn't work well with my elbow-out-the-window pose, lol.

  2. #42
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thank ya!

    I like the easy-chair effect of the seats. 8-way lumbar, FTW!

    I like the short wide windows, lol gives it that "chopped" tank effect..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-11-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  3. #43
    Member ZeeS7o7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cali 7o7
    Posts
    166

    black
    2001 Z28

    It comes down to this....safer car for you and the fam and sitting up high is not a bad thing also if you wife is 5'3 shes like YEA BABY GET SOME NOW YOU TALL F_CKERS! as she drives down the road in the Hummer lol

    nice ride bro cant wait to see the mods you do to it LOL

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I know crazy huh?
    Because i wanted a Hummer..lol MPG's don't really matter but 12 is redunkulas..

    Oh and F&*K Subaroni man.!

    Okay seriously, it came with "all terrain" tires with an agressive leading edge..
    Wife as a little trouble but once she's in it, look out...
    She loves it and has adapted to climbing in for now pretty good..
    Lastly, it has everything we want in a vehicle, as far as value, warranty, size, options, comfort, and luxury.. It's a very nice ride..
    It's 4x4 capabilites are icing on the cake.. I guess we're kinda yuppies..

    Oh and then there's the "cool" factor as well..
    Fair enough.
    I certainly won't argue the coolness factor as opposed to the Subaru.

    As far as the tires, the Bridgestones that are on there are really not agressive at all....give it a little while I'm sure you'll get used to them. Or do what I do in my Jeep and just crank the radio. But if you don't like BFG, they Hankook Dynapro ATM is supposed to be a great alternative. Ilamost went with a set for my Jeep, but I decided to go more agressive.

    A burly, offroad oriented SUV is a whole different animal than driving a regular car or F-Body even...they're going to be rougher and louder...although I bet the H3 rides better than the F-Body.

    I dig the small window look. It's not the hot ticket for offroad visibility, but seems like it's not a big concern to you. I like the "chopped" look they give it.

    Plus, there's less space for the zombies to get in. IMO that's not a bad ride if the zombie apocalypse strikes.

    Oh check this out...I run these on my Jeep: http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news...year-duratracs

    You ought to do that to your wheels.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 06-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #45
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Fair enough.
    I certainly won't argue the coolness factor as opposed to the Subaru.

    As far as the tires, the Bridgestones that are on there are really not agressive at all....give it a little while I'm sure you'll get used to them. Or do what I do in my Jeep and just crank the radio. But if you don't like BFG, they Hankook Dynapro ATM is supposed to be a great alternative. Ilamost went with a set for my Jeep, but I decided to go more agressive.

    A burly, offroad oriented SUV is a whole different animal than driving a regular car or F-Body even...they're going to be rougher and louder...although I bet the H3 rides better than the F-Body.

    I dig the small window look. It's not the hot ticket for offroad visibility, but seems like it's not a big concern to you. I like the "chopped" look they give it.

    Plus, there's less space for the zombies to get in. IMO that's not a bad ride if the zombie apocalypse strikes.

    Oh check this out...I run these on my Jeep: http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news...year-duratracs

    You ought to do that to your wheels.
    It came with goodyear all terrain tires..
    Thanks for the link..

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Hmmm, thought those came stock with Bridgestone Dueller AT's.

    Oh well.

    Edit...just looked at the pics agin, I can see that they're definitely Goodyears.

  7. #47
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hmmm, thought those came stock with Bridgestone Dueller AT's.

    Oh well.

    Edit...just looked at the pics agin, I can see that they're definitely Goodyears.
    haha yeah they are actually shown as the "lesser" tire next to that hog of a tire in your link..

  8. #48
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by zeesnutts View Post
    It comes down to this....safer car for you and the fam and sitting up high is not a bad thing also if you wife is 5'3 shes like YEA BABY GET SOME NOW YOU TALL F_CKERS! as she drives down the road in the Hummer lol

    nice ride bro cant wait to see the mods you do to it LOL
    Thanx!

    Yup she's a country girl all the way.. Took her drivers test in a 5spd pickup..

    I did too but it was an s10 automatic..

    She grew up in low and high range on dirt roads.. But she's just a little thing ya know..

    I grew up on the streets of Greater Pittsburgh..

    This combo of lifestyles put the Hummer right up our alley as a logical choice.

    As actually being exactly what we needed..

    The 05 Equajunx is barely road worthy anymore and it's primarily a back up on the farm.. Limited insurance (just enough to be legal) means a accident is out of the question but in a pinch it's legal to drive to say the Hospital.. Aberlamps arival @ the farm is 30+ minutes, no matter which dirrection they come from.
    I can be there in 15 or less cutting across the farm..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    haha yeah they are actually shown as the "lesser" tire next to that hog of a tire in your link..
    I wouldn't call them hogs..

    If you want a tire that actually works offroad, while being great in snow and bad weather, those GY's I posted are awesome.

    Those and the MTR's are the only tires actually worth anything offroad GY makes.

    I love 'em...they're quiet on the road and were unstoppable in the snow this winter.

    Plus they look damn cool!

  10. #50
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,596

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I wouldn't call them hogs..

    If you want a tire that actually works offroad, while being great in snow and bad weather, those GY's I posted are awesome.

    Those and the MTR's are the only tires actually worth anything offroad GY makes.

    I love 'em...they're quiet on the road and were unstoppable in the snow this winter.

    Plus they look damn cool!
    dude he hates Goodyears or "Crookyears". It's funny you sound like a tire sales rep at Mr.Tire or something.

  11. #51
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    dude he hates Goodyears or "Crookyears". It's funny you sound like a tire sales rep at Mr.Tire or something.

  12. #52
    Member ZeeS7o7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cali 7o7
    Posts
    166

    black
    2001 Z28

    I might be moving to Alaska in the next few years so I don't know what I will do with my camaro or if I will even take it. anyways again NICE RIG!!!!

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    dude he hates Goodyears or "Crookyears". It's funny you sound like a tire sales rep at Mr.Tire or something.
    No, I just like talking truck tires.

    My other hobby is offroading, when I bought my tires for my Jeep a few months ago I did a ton of research and looked at tires from just about all the mfrs.

    Tires are important when it comes to 4x4's...they're one of the most important mods that you do on a 4x4.

    Anyway, I honestly never was a fan of Goodyears either, but they came out with a great product that works well and is getting rave reviews all over the net, I figured I'd give them a chance.

    You'd never catch me putting a set of GY's on my Formula though.

    And onthe other hand, I love the Nitto's on my Formula, but I'd never put a set of Nitto's on my Jeep.

  14. #54
    Senior Member Z28_Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,017

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

    I wouldn't put goodyears on my garden tractor. Too many problems with their products to ever go back.

  15. #55
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Well the thing is we spend most of our time in town/city type driving so big mud slingers are'nt doing us any good.. We have maintained dirt roads cut into the mountain (if you can call it that) dads ranger can get up there but the Hummer as it sits can walk up there like nothing.. If I was to build a car bridge over the creek one could take a Camaro or GTO, etc up there no trouble or scrapes when dry.. Most of the road is natural "red dog" shale and it becomes very hard.. Dad and I keep it leveled and 2 cars can pass side by side in a pinch when dry.. When wet is becomes very slick with the shale bed resting on Pennsylvnia yellow clay.. My wifes cousin had a 84 fullsize blazer 4x4 big tires, lift and the like.. No lockers, (a very nice rig tho) so he'd park @ the bottom and go it on foot up the hill.. Anywho,, We are mostly looking @ the luxury aspects of the Hummer.. It rides silent sept for the tire noise.. I guess even that noise is'nt to too bad, I can't hear it with the windows closed..lol I think what I'm saying is, I'd rather have tires more for highway use than mud use.. Prolly have to look into the 10-12-14 ply ranges for a good (truck) highway tire..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-13-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •