Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The new toy!

This is a discussion on The new toy! within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by JayTA98 i cant believe you sold the maro but oh well. we still love ya. congrats in ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    i cant believe you sold the maro but oh well. we still love ya.
    congrats in the new hummer.

You know, how are going to feel if you see your maro on the road? lol

I guess we need a Hummer section now...
    It's ok, as a 4 time f-body owner.. There will likely be another this time older one sitting in the drive.. I am always on the hunt for the deal I can't pass up..

..and thanx!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Nice ride!

I've been considering these along with Jeep GC. Really good space and an amazing turn radius for a big vehicle.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Nice ride!

I've been considering these along with Jeep GC. Really good space and an amazing turn radius for a big vehicle.
    Thanks!
    My/our Hummer can turn inside the Camaro I had.. In places where a 3 point turn is required for an f-body, I can just turn the Hummers wheel to "lock" and drive away.. My Hummer is 6" shorter than my Z34 lumina which is a big car, but it (z34) only had 3 inches on the 01 Camaro.. So with that said the short wheel base and relatively compact nature of the baby Hummer it's far more maneuverable(sp) than my f-body was even @ nearly twice it's weight..lmao
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-05-2011 at 05:44 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Simply put I can drive a consistant 8 or 10ft circle around a telephone pole..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-05-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Nice looking but those things can't get out of their own way. 4.2 motor trailblazer platform w/ 1/2 ton truck drivetrain.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chops View Post
    Nice looking but those things can't get out of their own way. 4.2 motor trailblazer platform w/ 1/2 ton truck drivetrain.
    Sept it's a 3.9l I5 and we don't drag race Hummers here.. ANd the drive train is heavier than a 1/2 ton too

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Sorry 3.7l I don't know why I keep saying 3.9..duh

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Hummer in the hummer yet?

(sorry, had to ask)

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Hummer in the hummer yet?

(sorry, had to ask)
    No but I should lmao, wife has more wheel time than I do.. hahaha

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Too clean, ill check back later too see some off-road pics

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Are you tripping up to the show? You mentioned "turning your back" on the General, but didn't really say one way or the other.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Are you tripping up to the show? You mentioned "turning your back" on the General, but didn't really say one way or the other.
    Don't know too far away yet.. We are whimsicle folk..lol
    But there are no plans for it..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-06-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I've only had her ~72hrs.. lol first thing it needs is nurf bars and a brush bar..lmao
    I hope you're kidding. Nothing screams "poser" like "nerf bars" and a brushguard. "Nerf" bars serve no function...they will not protect the body from rocks...hit a rock with them and they'll bend. Now "rock rails" are another story...they mount in the same place as nerf bars, but are made of much heavier material and can support the weight of the vehicle if you come down off a rock onto them. I have a set on my Jeep, and they wrok as advertised...and I can also wedge the rock rail against a stump or rock, and actually steer into it and pivot the vehicle right around the obstacle. And a high lift jack under the rock rail will lift the whole side of the vehicle.

Certain designs can also be used as a step too. Or they have the power operated steps that tuck up out of the way when not in use. That might be good for the wifey. I just can't stand nerf bars!

Brush guards are great for fending off runaway shopping carts at the grocery store.

First thing you need to do is paint those wheels black and get a decent tire on there. I'm running Goodyear Duratracs on my Grand Cherokee, they look agressive as hell but actually have great street manners.

Or a less agressive tire that still looks good would be the old standby, the BFG All Terrain.

Oh, and nice choice of vehicle BTW. If I were to get another SUV, that'd be one of my tops picks. I'm not a fan of the 3.9, but I love the Adventure packagies goodies likethe locker and 4:1 low range. And I wouldn't be surprised if the value of these things stays strong, since they didn't make them for that long. As far as IFS trucks go, this is a pretty capable one, if not the most capable, and I'm sure they'll have a good following in years to come.

And I like the color. White is nice and simple, and looks great with black accessories.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 06-09-2011 at 07:56 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I hope you're kidding. Nothing screams "poser" like "nerf bars" and a brushguard. "Nerf" bars serve no function...they will not protect the body from rocks...hit a rock with them and they'll bend. Now "rock rails" are another story...they mount in the same place as nerf bars, but are made of much heavier material and can support the weight of the vehicle if you come down off a rock onto them. I have a set on my Jeep, and they wrok as advertised...and I can also wedge the rock rail against a stump or rock, and actually steer into it and pivot the vehicle right around the obstacle. And a high lift jack under the rock rail will lift the whole side of the vehicle.

Certain designs can also be used as a step too. Or they have the power operated steps that tuck up out of the way when not in use. That might be good for the wifey. I just can't stand nerf bars!

Brush guards are great for fending off runaway shopping carts at the grocery store.

First thing you need to do is paint those wheels black and get a decent tire on there. I'm running Goodyear Duratracs on my Grand Cherokee, they look agressive as hell but actually have great street manners.

Or a less agressive tire that still looks good would be the old standby, the BFG All Terrain.

Oh, and nice choice of vehicle BTW. If I were to get another SUV, that'd be one of my tops picks. I'm not a fan of the 3.9, but I love the Adventure packagies goodies likethe locker and 4:1 low range. And I wouldn't be surprised if the value of these things stays strong, since they didn't make them for that long. As far as IFS trucks go, this is a pretty capable one, if not the most capable, and I'm sure they'll have a good following in years to come.

And I like the color. White is nice and simple, and looks great with black accessories.
    Thanks!
    No I am not kidding.lol. This vehicle will likely never see "comming down on rocks".. It's a pavement pounder (lol in live in the city and the farm we have has acsess roads but some are steep) and will always be such.. My wife is 5'3" and has a hard time entering and exiting the vehicle as it sits..
    I like Nurf bars and brush guards.. If someone does'nt manufacture what I am looking for I think I may just make them @ the shop.. It does'nt even have a hitch (lmao) and will stay that way as well.. I have a (air conditioned haha) motor home for camp travel..
    The engine is a Vortec 3.7 (3.9 was a misquote) VVT I5.. The vehicle is loaded for luxury not for climbing Everest..

We love it thus far.. Hope to get a few years out of her before she gets sold and some other toy gets bought.. The current tires are too noisey for our tastes and I don't like BFG tires..lol Picky-picky I know.. Ima little anal when it comes to keeping things nice for resale..

Example:

I got $2700.00 for my 01 y87 Camaro, which is fine because I wanted rid of it.. It is currently being advertised @ the maximum NADA value which is just over $5k the car is/was flawless even though it was a v6 with over 120k on her clock. The only thing the car did'nt have was a v8 and leather..lol A buddy of mine is a tech for the Chevy dealer where the 01 Camaro is and said they were actually talking about putting the car into the showroom @ night so to keep it out of the wheather..lmao!
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-09-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

H1 or nothing.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Sounds like it was time to cut that worn out beast loose. 12mpg in a v6 is horrible. I had a big block suburban that got 14.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

so you dont own an F-body anymore?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    H1 or nothing.
    You may buy one as you like..
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Sounds like it was time to cut that worn out beast loose. 12mpg in a v6 is horrible. I had a big block suburban that got 14.
    Yeah she was getting tired.. I don't usually drive them much past 100-110k before getting rid of them or starting over on them..
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    so you dont own an F-body anymore?

Gone as of last Friday..

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Thanks!
    No I am not kidding.lol. This vehicle will likely never see "comming down on rocks".. It's a pavement pounder (lol in live in the city and the farm we have has acsess roads but some are steep) and will always be such.. My wife is 5'3" and has a hard time entering and exiting the vehicle as it sits..
    I like Nurf bars and brush guards.. If someone does'nt manufacture what I am looking for I think I may just make them @ the shop.. It does'nt even have a hitch (lmao) and will stay that way as well.. I have a (air conditioned haha) motor home for camp travel..
    The engine is a Vortec 3.7 (3.9 was a misquote) VVT I5.. The vehicle is loaded for luxury not for climbing Everest..

We love it thus far.. Hope to get a few years out of her before she gets sold and some other toy gets bought.. The current tires are too noisey for our tastes and I don't like BFG tires..lol Picky-picky I know.. Ima little anal when it comes to keeping things nice for resale..

!
    Ok, I don't get it...it's too tall for the wifey to get into, you're not going to go offroad with it, and the car tires that come on it are too loud for you. Why did you buy it in the first place? Seems like a Subaru Outback or Forester would have suited your needs better, while getting much better mpg.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Ok, I don't get it...it's too tall for the wifey to get into, you're not going to go offroad with it, and the car tires that come on it are too loud for you. Why did you buy it in the first place? Seems like a Subaru Outback or Forester would have suited your needs better, while getting much better mpg.
    I know crazy huh?
    Because i wanted a Hummer..lol MPG's don't really matter but 12 is redunkulas..

Oh and F&*K Subaroni man.!

Okay seriously, it came with "all terrain" tires with an agressive leading edge..
    Wife as a little trouble but once she's in it, look out...
    She loves it and has adapted to climbing in for now pretty good..
    Lastly, it has everything we want in a vehicle, as far as value, warranty, size, options, comfort, and luxury.. It's a very nice ride..
    It's 4x4 capabilites are icing on the cake.. I guess we're kinda yuppies..

Oh and then there's the "cool" factor as well..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information