Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking New shoes and and a shine.

Finally! Got my ZR kumho victoracers mounted. Desided to do a detail and take some new shots of the lady @ our summer home.. Hope you like.. Oh and I have'nt added the chrome pipes yet sorry.. All comments welcome...

I know a handfull of you guys from my "something in blue" thread have been waiting for this one..

Thanks for viewing...
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-24-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sweet pics

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thanks P! I still have the new rotors to put on and then the chrome pipes. I have to build a new exhaust for her. I'm not liking my current custom @ all.. Oh and do something with my calipers too..

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Nice pictures.

Yea, that exhaust pipe hanging down looks kinda awkward.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Looks clean, Nice backyard.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Nice pictures.

Yea, that exhaust pipe hanging down looks kinda awkward.
    Thanks! Yes that was on purpose though. I was worried about the heat warping the bumper cover. Plus they were supposed to be temporary because I was @ the time waiting for my chrome 4" pipes and needed the extra space. So I set the angle required for much larger pipes and welded the elbows in place. But I hate having a cat in my system.. When I start the blower project I can't/wont use a catted system so I'll prolly just toss this setup and start over..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-24-2010 at 09:52 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Looks clean, Nice backyard.
    Thanks man.. Yeah a 147 acre back yard .. It's was an old farm long ago.. I did'nt want to drive it anywhere right after I cleaned her so I stayed in and did my little 6er shoot..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I still have a lot of detail work to do but here are a couple more pics..

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Looks good man!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Looks good man!
    Thanks brudda! I'm getting on the engine bay clean up soon. It hopefully should help a little with the tear down come fall when I strip it down to the chassis and start over from the ground up.. Shooting beyond the Preston effect jk. A perfect 4th gen is my goal. Jigged, seamed, in house custom suspension, and around 75% carbon fiber body componets... Then bullet proof 4 wheel independant, blower, and so on... In other words a complete rethink of the entire car..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-25-2010 at 09:42 AM.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

i think it would look good if you removed the baffler and put in pipe instead. I did that to mine and it looks so much better. Just my .02.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    i think it would look good if you removed the baffler and put in pipe instead. I did that to mine and it looks so much better. Just my .02.
    Yeah except it's not a baffler. It's a z28 single inlet dual outlet muffler. The plan was for large dual chrome 4in. pipes. The small 2.5 in. pipes were temps till the pipes came in. But running it as is I found I hate the sound..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks great!

I guess this means we'll be seeing you at Carlisle...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Looks great!

I guess this means we'll be seeing you at Carlisle...
    Thanks Jeff!

Possible. I really have'nt given it much thought since the lumina is'nt done and the Camaro is still stock..

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Thanks Jeff!

Possible. I really have'nt given it much thought since the lumina is'nt done and the Camaro is still stock..

I dare say I had the "stockest" F-body on the fairgrounds last year. My only mods were a lid, a headplate and TCS cover plate.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I dare say I had the "stockest" F-body on the fairgrounds last year. My only mods were a lid, a headplate and TCS cover plate.
    I'm pushing for bigger progress on the z34. I'd like to wrap it up in about 4 weeks. The upper intake machine work has been a huge hang up. I've been working on the design for weeks now, but I think I'm closing in on the final designed piece. I have some more metal stock on order for the loose ends I have to tie up, mostly brackets and mounts. Little stuff is all. The muncie 4spd will be in in about a week or so.. Then a bunch of welding and pipe routing. It's the little stuff that's adding up but nothing overly complex.. Down loaded the tuning software and sent it to my tuner buddy that will be doing my stand alone tune. If I can get the Lumina in to paint and detail b4 Carlisle guess what I'll be bringing instead..

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm pushing for bigger progress on the z34. I'd like to wrap it up in about 4 weeks. The upper intake machine work has been a huge hang up. I've been working on the design for weeks now, but I think I'm closing in on the final designed piece. I have some more metal stock on order for the loose ends I have to tie up, mostly brackets and mounts. Little stuff is all. The muncie 4spd will be in in about a week or so.. Then a bunch of welding and pipe routing. It's the little stuff that's adding up but nothing overly complex.. Down loaded the tuning software and sent it to my tuner buddy that will be doing my stand alone tune. If I can get the Lumina in to paint and detail b4 Carlisle guess what I'll be bringing instead..

That would be way cool. I think this is the first I have heard "Muncie" mentioned in your plans. M20 or M21?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice clean car. But next time, cut the grass for better pictures! And I won't say anything about the low tailpipe.

Nice to hear you're putting a manual trans in the Lumina. M20 was the "rock crusher" close ratio, M21 was the standard close ratio, and M22 was the wide ratio gearbox?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nice clean car. But next time, cut the grass for better pictures! And I won't say anything about the low tailpipe.

Nice to hear you're putting a manual trans in the Lumina. M20 was the "rock crusher" close ratio, M21 was the standard close ratio, and M22 was the wide ratio gearbox?
    Thanks!
    Those trannies are for rear drive. There are only 2 manuals that will hold a transverse tdc one has to be built (4spd) to do it. The Muncie transverse 4spd, and the muncie getrag 284 5spd. Only one auto will hold it but it weighs a ton (4t80e) and usually has a Northstar bolted to it. The 5spd in the smaller cars like cavalier and so forth getrag 282 and the chinese 5spd only have a 180hp rating and are a weak unit as well and don't like to be shifted over 6000 rpm. TDC stock redlines @ 7k, and my build will see 8+k..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-26-2010 at 08:14 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

That would be way cool. I think this is the first I have heard "Muncie" mentioned in your plans. M20 or M21?
    Those are 4 "pusher" cars We need the m19 .....My brothers 30th is comming @ the end of the month. Be nice to make a boosted apearance there too.. Muncie is way to go when talking TDC. Unfortunately the muncie getrag 284 5spd is hard to find. I found a muncie transverse 4spd out of a citation and sent it out to be made tougher.. The 4t80e is just so heavy it's almost like adding a second engine..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-26-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information