Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need some headlight input...

This is a discussion on Need some headlight input... within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by KahanaReef I'm talking about around the outside of the headlight. Rain is getting in from there. Not ...

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I'm talking about around the outside of the headlight. Rain is getting in from there. Not from under the hood at the socket
    Might have to reseal the lense to the housing. Some clear silicone would probalby work. I would drill a small hole at the base near the bulb to let the water out too.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Might have to reseal the lense to the housing. Some clear silicone would probalby work. I would drill a small hole at the base near the bulb to let the water out too.
    until I get a new set, silicone will have to do. I thought about drilling a hole also.

We don't get too much rain out this way. I was able to get it to dry out the last time I had issue. Basically took some paper towels, rolled them up and slipped them in there and it soaked it up. Left the socket out to let air get in there and within 24 hours it was good as new.

Now, the last few rains we've had the last few weeks, I've just put plastic over the one headlight and it didn't leak. But, I've got some clear silicone in the garage and will do that

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    until I get a new set, silicone will have to do. I thought about drilling a hole also.

We don't get too much rain out this way. I was able to get it to dry out the last time I had issue. Basically took some paper towels, rolled them up and slipped them in there and it soaked it up. Left the socket out to let air get in there and within 24 hours it was good as new.

Now, the last few rains we've had the last few weeks, I've just put plastic over the one headlight and it didn't leak. But, I've got some clear silicone in the garage and will do that
    You can seperate the lens from the housing to get the water out which I would recomend. Then you can get a good new bead of silicone all the way around. If you do a search for the whistler mod(where you paint the inside of the houseing black) there is a write-up somewhere on how to do it. You have to remove the headlight put it in the oven at 200 or so for 10min(don't quote me on time and temp see if you can find the write up) then with a flathead screw driver you can pry the two peices apart.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    You can seperate the lens from the housing to get the water out which I would recomend. Then you can get a good new bead of silicone all the way around. If you do a search for the whistler mod(where you paint the inside of the houseing black) there is a write-up somewhere on how to do it. You have to remove the headlight put it in the oven at 200 or so for 10min(don't quote me on time and temp see if you can find the write up) then with a flathead screw driver you can pry the two peices apart.
    It's bone dry in there now. And, at the time I didn't feel like taking them out.

But, that's good to know.

Thanks

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Get halo lights, search "ledvault" great site, completely dedicated to 4th fbody lighting.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

White
    1998 Trans Am

6000K HID's Low and fog. $175 for both sets. Slim kit in fog and regular in low beams. Have no use for high beams. Guess some people say they are illegal but I have them on my Trailblazer also and have no troubles getting either insected.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Hey what part of SC are you from?
    Near Anderson

You?

Red
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Get halo lights, search "ledvault" great site, completely dedicated to 4th fbody lighting.
    Not Accepting Orders....

ugh i was looking forward to that

white
    2002 chevy camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BoyRodgers View Post
    check out my profile, ive got cool headlights on mine!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/41680405@N02/ see for your self and decide. halo's are definitely more appealing!!!

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Heres my Halo projectors with 20000K deep blue HID H1 kit and HID fogs. The blue in the middle is just a 25 smd LED 194 bulb.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information