Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Need help picking a cover

I was hoping all of you could help me with a question, I hope this would be the right place to post it. I just graduated college and sadly it is time for my 2000 Camaro to go into storage for a couple years until I can take it out and do more work on it. It’s going to be stored outside in Michigan weather, and I want a really nice cover for it. The paint is in quite nice condition so I don’t want it to scratch it and I also want to protect it from the element as much as possible. Also one of those “bubble” covers wont work. I know there will be a lot of opinions on this subject I just want some guidance for companies and type. Also if there are certain qualities that will be good that will help too. Websites would be helpful and personal experiences. Thank you.

p.s. – I don’t want one that tends to come off in the wind.
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I don't have one of these covers since my car is stored in a garage but classic industries sells some nice covers. Here is some information from their website on one of their top quality covers:

Protect your 4th gen F-Body like the valuable investment that it is! Your car will benefit greatly from a little extra care and protection. This Technalon car cover represents the finest on the market in terms of practicality, durability, appearance and value. This is one of the most rain resistant and breathable car covers on the market. Each cover is produced using high » Read More
    quality Polypropylene Technalon 4 fabric from Kimberly Clark. A high tech 4 layer fabric, Technalon is lightweight, remains pliable in all weather conditions and won't rot, smell, or mildew. The outside and inside layers are made of long fibers which make the fabric tough but very soft and non abrasive. The middle layer is made of shorter fibers that catch water but allow the air to circulate. Also includes double stitched seams with an elastic band in the front and rear making installation easy! Specially developed for harsh outside weather conditions and will not freeze even in the coldest temperatures. Each cover is water resistant and breathes keeping your paint free from unwanted moisture between the paint and the car cover which could ruin your paint.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I would do anything possible to find a place to store the car inside. Having the car outside for a few years is not an ideal situation and most covers will create angel hair scratches from flapping in the wind. Your car will not be in the same condition if it sits outside in the elements for a years with only a cover.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Sadly there is no possible way for me to be able to store it inside. I just graduated and thanks to the economy at the moment haven't found a job, so i have no money to rent a place, it will be staying at my parents property but they only have a two car garage and they like their spaces in it lol. I really would like and inside spot but its just not possible right now, maybe after this winter. It is kinda of a bad situation, just trying to make the best out of it. thank you for the response though, appreciate the time.

98TransAmWs-6, looked at the site thank you, i would really like a couple companies to compare so andy more suggestions would be amazing thank you.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    Sadly there is no possible way for me to be able to store it inside. I just graduated and thanks to the economy at the moment haven't found a job, so i have no money to rent a place, it will be staying at my parents property but they only have a two car garage and they like their spaces in it lol. I really would like and inside spot but its just not possible right now, maybe after this winter. It is kinda of a bad situation, just trying to make the best out of it. thank you for the response though, appreciate the time.

98TransAmWs-6, looked at the site thank you, i would really like a couple companies to compare so andy more suggestions would be amazing thank you.
    I would do some serious begging or ask grandparents for a spot in their garage or something.

If not maybe try this. carcoversdirect.com

Black/ Silver

CoverCraft also makes some car covers for our cars. SummitRacing has some on their website, you might look at them too. From what I saw the ones by Classic Industries seemed better but I didn't look at all of them. Another idea is you could rent a storage unit and store it in there, not sure if that is an option for you. That or a enclosed trailor.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

If it had to come down to me storing my car for over a year and I couldn't afford a garage to put it in id seriously consider selling the car and using the money in a better place. I love my car and all but to have it sitting that long outside would kill me more.
    Just my advice

Black/ Silver

Have you considered one of those metal portable garages? Like this. It is basically a carport but it is out of the elements but still outside. I think that would be the best compromise if you can do it.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

You guys really don't remember your student/unemployed/living with your parents days do you lol, I'm just joking (sry a bit sarcastic) I appreciate you all thinking of ideas. I do have some good news tho, I have found a spot under a large lean-to to store my car. Not quite as-good as a garage/pool-barn but its is really the best I can do, at least it will keep rain/snow off it and cut-down on the wind. so now i just need to find a really good cover.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Tatertot91 I thought about that, but the car means too much to me since it was the last thing me and my dad built together. keeping it absolutely makes no reasonable sense, but i cant bring myself to sell it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    You guys really don't remember your student/unemployed/living with your parents days do you lol, I'm just joking (sry a bit sarcastic) I appreciate you all thinking of ideas. I do have some good news tho, I have found a spot under a large lean-to to store my car. Not quite as-good as a garage/pool-barn but its is really the best I can do, at least it will keep rain/snow off it and cut-down on the wind. so now i just need to find a really good cover.
    I am a senior in college so I do know how that goes. I pay roughly $200 a year and keep my car in a companies garage with another car all year round.

Thread Information