My New FRC's

This is a discussion on My New FRC's within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Thanks to 2000SuperSportMaro I was able to pimp out my engine bay and make it look "Bitchin" so much lol...

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

My New FRC's

Thanks to 2000SuperSportMaro I was able to pimp out my engine bay and make it look "Bitchin"

so much lol

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Nice, dude! That's exactly the FRCs that I want (red Corvette ones). Were they a pain to install w/ the cutting and stuff?

interesting with the fuel lines under the cover. I wouldn't think it would fit on there correctly.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

well the passenger side didnt fit the best, but I made it work, kinda had to tuck it in there pretty good.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
    interesting with the fuel lines under the cover. I wouldn't think it would fit on there correctly.
    newb question... what do you mean the fuel lines under the FRC's? Don't the fuel lines mesh into the Fuel Rails in the back and then thats it?

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

yea Fuel Rail covers are meant to cover the fuel rails lol...I think he meant that it seems like they wont fit on our cars, which is true, you have to mod them or cut them to make them fit, mine was already pre-cut from my bud.

uhh the fuel lines do go into the the fuel rails obviously, along with a pressure regulator you see on the middle right side on top of the intake manifold.

That double-hose wrapped with silver tape going under the front of the drivers side FRC are the fuel lines. Usually you see those with the tape removed and going through the 2 cutouts on that side's FRC. I would think with the lines completly under the FRC it would be a PITA to get it to snap onto the fuel rail.

Just an observation.

Brian
    '02 Camaro SS Convertible: The Garage...
    September, 2007 COTM

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

That double-hose wrapped with silver tape going under the front of the drivers side FRC are the fuel lines. Usually you see those with the tape removed and going through the 2 cutouts on that side's FRC. I would think with the lines completly under the FRC it would be a PITA to get it to snap onto the fuel rail.

Just an observation.
    Agreed, and I bet its probably not seated real good honestly.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Yea, the fuel lines are supposed to be routed thru the two slots on the driver's side cover.
    That's what SuperSport & Y2K are referring to. The lines are currently shown 'under' the cover.

Looks goofy that way. Fix it. The driver's side cover will sit down better that way.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Below is mine and what the fuel lines should look like if routed correctly. You will have to cut the heat tape off the 2 fuel lines.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Just an observation.

I agree

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

thanks for the info, will do! I did not know that!

Done! Wow it was neat when it snapped right in like its suppose to, the passenger side still needs a little work.

Last edited by Demon_Z28; 04-11-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Now that you have those fuel lines up above the cover, there's really no need to 'protect' them from the heat of the valve cover with the tape anymore. Most people remove it all together.

What's the issue with the passenger side? Any better photos?
    You know you can bend the AIR tubing out away from the engine right? You know you can bend the oil dipstick to whereever needed too? Use care when doing so, but they'll move as necesasry to gain clearance.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

yea thats the issue, the dipstick tube is in the way, I have to cut more out of the FRC,so that side will snap into place on the fuel rail.

Thread Information