Thread: Maaco

silver
    2002 z-28

Maaco

just wondering if anyone has used Maaco before......whether it be for an accident to repaint your car, or just to repaint cause the paint is dull......i see on there website that they can "spot" paint too......i would be a little nervous that they wouldnt match the paint, but i have a few chips and pretty deep scratches id like to get rid of........anyone have any experience with this company......doesent have to be your camaro or firebird....even your daily driver.......just lookin 4 some input ....

thanks

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

about 10 years ago i got their budget paint job. it was horrible! i guess i got what i paid for.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well, I just had a WS6 hood painted and went to go look at it today. They did an awesome job on it and only has a couple imperfection areas on it that is acceptable.

The hood had left front corner damage and they were able to repair it and paint it for $259

Not all Maaco paint shops have good reputations but, this one where I live has really good repeat business and they are a little older, more experienced body shop personnel.

It all depends on the shop. Some suck and others do well.

As far as I'm concerned, my hood turned out real well and I'll post some pics of it up here next weekend when I get it on.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I had my 85 firebird with a rust spot forming on the hood, repainted with their budget service. not two months after, the hood started spotting where they didn't sand down all the rust off the hood. Took it back and they honored / fixed the hood and car looked damn nice. Might try to tip the guy an extra hundred or so and put a couple extra coats of clear on it.

Silver
    2002 SS

I went to Maaco to have my '56 painted.
    First of all I think Maaco's are franchises so they are not all the same.
    The one I went to is owned by a husband and wife and they do custom paint as well as the regular Maaco cheap paint jobs.

Mine was just over $5000 but that's $7000 cheaper than the next lowest shop I tried with the highest being $30000! Hell the whole car isn't worth that much.

Anyway, they took it to bare metal, prepped and primed then block sanded her twice. She is straight as an arrow now. The paint job is two tone and is base coat / clear coat.

Since she's a daily driver I am very pleased with how it turned out.

This is the car before buffing. I haven't yet put all the stainless back on but I have the windshield and rear window installed since this picture at Maaco.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i got my mustang repainted at a maaco ... orange peel out the wazzoo, but it turned out real nice when PhillyLS1 spend a week and a half detailing it and buffing it out.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Just like any shop some are good and some not that good. I would stop by and check out some of their work and judge for yourself.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Better wash your car before taking it in....... seen a guys truck where they painted right over mud hahahahaha.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Like was already said it just depends on the shops in your area, wouldn't use any of them in my area, seen a few horrors come out of them.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Since I got my hood back, it was clear that the paint they used was a lighter color and it looks like metal flake in it.

Took it back and they agreed that it must be repainted. They will do it for free next week and we will match it up against the paint on the car.

They were really good about getting it squared away for me. Not perfect but, they will make it so at least.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by warpwr View Post
    I went to Maaco to have my '56 painted.
    First of all I think Maaco's are franchises so they are not all the same.
    The one I went to is owned by a husband and wife and they do custom paint as well as the regular Maaco cheap paint jobs.

Mine was just over $5000 but that's $7000 cheaper than the next lowest shop I tried with the highest being $30000! Hell the whole car isn't worth that much.

Anyway, they took it to bare metal, prepped and primed then block sanded her twice. She is straight as an arrow now. The paint job is two tone and is base coat / clear coat.

Since she's a daily driver I am very pleased with how it turned out.

This is the car before buffing. I haven't yet put all the stainless back on but I have the windshield and rear window installed since this picture at Maaco.

Click for full size
    Dude, thats a nice 56!

White
    09 G8 GT

I used to see the commercials a lot back in the day but not anymore. I did wonder how *good* a $299 whole car paintjob was

Thread Information