Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Like my tail?

This is a discussion on Like my tail? within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I would be happy if they put Firebird.. put the name of the car.. not just Pontiac... a 6000 is ...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I would be happy if they put Firebird.. put the name of the car.. not just Pontiac... a 6000 is a Pontiac.. but I'm sorry, I'll be damned if I want people to think they are in the same class.... <sigh> Maybe when I get some time.. I'll look into making one that says Trans Am.. or Firebird.. or both... One of a kind..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Looks good!
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Not really sure what that has to do with anything..... I am talking about the REAR of the cars.. Mustangs say "MUSTANG" or "COBRA", Camaros say "CAMARO" and Firebirds and Trans Ams say "PONTIAC".. kinda bugs me.
    because a T/A has the bird...and who doesn't recognize it. besides that a 'camaro' is, no matter what else you do, is a camaro. z/28, ss, all camaro. not so with a firebird, which can become a formula, or a trans am, which can become a fireHAWK...or if you're loaded, a Mech Am. So instead of making individual rear bumpers for each type of car, they just put 'pontiac' there, since the only other places you see anything from the maker is twice on the interior, and it's just the symbols. so you see, they saved a bundle, and the parts on your broke down T/A can be replaced with a salvage firebird.

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Damn you!

I have only seen one other camaro with this done before. Which is where I got the idea to do it. I just had mine done as well. I have not put my 69 z/28 emblem on yet. The car is alittle dirty and the pic kinda sucks but here it is anyways.

Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    ^^what exhaust tips are those? ^^
    Look nice
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    SLP installed exhaust and tips from factory.
    Really? I thought SLP just has dual/dual slash tips. Those look like my Hookers.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

That looks really good. I also like the Hurst eq. on the left of that car as well really sweet.

white
    2002 z28

looks great todd,

since you live like a 2 miles away from me where did you get it done . and is that flat black or gloss

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

What are you guys looking at to see? I stared at the emblem forever and could not see a difference either way. Thanks for the comments everybody. I was thinking of putting the bowtie under the right taillight but for now I agree that clean and simple is better.
    I am 100% positive that you have the emblems on upside down! The bottom of the S is wider than the top when installed properly! Even the later "SS" emblems are the same way! It was the first thing that I noticed, so I would definnitly flip them over!

Anyway, it looks awesome! I always wanted to do that!

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    looks great todd,

since you live like a 2 miles away from me where did you get it done . and is that flat black or gloss
    Knudsen Brothers collision on Ford road just west of Newburgh. I had a used one from a salvage yard so I have my original saved. It was not cheap but they do a top quality job and carve out and then fill the whole area so the letters do not show thru after. I went with gloss to match my roof sail panel and my front billet grille.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Knudsen Brothers collision on Ford road just west of Newburgh. I had a used one from a salvage yard so I have my original saved. It was not cheap but they do a top quality job and carve out and then fill the whole area so the letters do not show thru after. I went with gloss to match my roof sail panel and my front billet grille.
    How much?? I am curious.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan View Post
    Really? I thought SLP just has dual/dual slash tips. Those look like my Hookers.

Yes my car has the hooker tips on it.

black
    94z

KITT dont know what it would look like but instead of trying to cut some thing into your bumper, (which i work in a body shop and plactic sucks to work with)why not shave pontiac and use a door emblem that says trans am? like i said dont know what it would look like but have never seen it done. just look to see if it will be porportioned and not to small or big????? just an easy idea tell me what you think?
    Last edited by luciangage; 06-25-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Hmmm.. now that is an idea!

black
    94z

thanks!

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I am 100% positive that you have the emblems on upside down! The bottom of the S is wider than the top when installed properly! Even the later "SS" emblems are the same way! It was the first thing that I noticed, so I would definnitly flip them over!

Anyway, it looks awesome! I always wanted to do that!
    You are all welcome to come to Michigan and measure with me, but I have measured now with a mm scale and still say it is identical on the top and bottom. I am compulsive so I think you guys just like giving this old fart a hard time. Maybe the camera plays tricks on the internet but really I cannot see or measure any difference.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    How much?? I am curious.
    over $250 plus the price of the salvage tail panel which is cheap at $50 because new ones are around $250. But I did not want a hack job and you do get what you pay for.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

You are all welcome to come to Michigan and measure with me, but I have measured now with a mm scale and still say it is identical on the top and bottom. I am compulsive so I think you guys just like giving this old fart a hard time. Maybe the camera plays tricks on the internet but really I cannot see or measure any difference.
    It is not taller on the top, but the very bottom of the S is wider than the top!!!!
    Take a set and measure from the left to the right and you will see!
    I don't try to give anyone a hard time, but there is a wrong way and a right way!!!
    Being compulsive has nothing to do with right or wrong if you do not know what is right to begin with!

Come on man, give me a break!

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

It is not taller on the top, but the very bottom of the S is wider than the top!!!!
    Take a set and measure from the left to the right and you will see!
    I don't try to give anyone a hard time, but there is a wrong way and a right way!!!
    Being compulsive has nothing to do with right or wrong if you do not know what is right to begin with!

Come on man, give me a break!
    I measured every way I can measure and it is the same. This is a GM replacement part from NPD and maybe other model years or knock-offs are different but this emblem is the same. If you are ever in MI let me know and we can meet up so you can see for yourself. Or I can get you the p/n from NPD and you can check it out, I have a store right here so I just walk in.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I measured every way I can measure and it is the same. This is a GM replacement part from NPD and maybe other model years or knock-offs are different but this emblem is the same. If you are ever in MI let me know and we can meet up so you can see for yourself. Or I can get you the p/n from NPD and you can check it out, I have a store right here so I just walk in.
    Give me the p/n.
    They are all designed the same. I have originals and reproductions

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Give me the p/n.
    They are all designed the same. I have originals and reproductions
    C-12182-6 out of an old catalog for the rear. The front one is a different p/n and I may see a sight diff. from the bottom to the top on that one but I have the bigger side down anyway.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

C-12182-6 out of an old catalog for the rear. The front one is a different p/n and I may see a sight diff. from the bottom to the top on that one but I have the bigger side down anyway.
    You just admitted that there is a difference.
    I have a cars inc. catalog in front of me with all of the emblems for a Camaro, Chevelle, and Nova. Every single emblem is the same. Call em up and ask em if there is a difference! I will even get pics up tonight showing you that there is a difference!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information