License Plate remounting + grill questions...

This is a discussion on License Plate remounting + grill questions... within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I'm looking into getting a new grill soon, probably a billet one I think, because most other pewter cars I ...

light pewter metallic
    '99 Camaro z-28

License Plate remounting + grill questions...

I'm looking into getting a new grill soon, probably a billet one I think, because most other pewter cars I see seem to pull that one off the best, that plus I don't want a bunch of colors going on. Here's my car as it sits now.

In that pic I don't have my front license plate on but when I get a new grill I do have to keep it up front. I was wondering how I could remount it, I've seen some people with the plate BEHIND the billet grill. How is this done, will that get me pulled over for any reason? I was thinking it might since it's not clearly visible. Any other ideas? I saw a car at my school with this grill but it was mounted really poorly with zip ties!

Also, any other grill ideas? Pics would be great! I'm pretty undecided and obviously have a ton of options to consider. I think one day I may get chrome wheels but not anytime soon. I just want the car to have a clean look to it but stand out a bit more. Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

SLP makes a bracket. It's like an L shaped piece of metal you bolt onto the bottom underside of your bumper and it comes up. It'll keep your plate off the grille all together. Some thinks it's alright, some think it's hideous. I think you can also pick one up on eBay for cheap...

Thread Information