Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lets try this again, improved pics of the CME setup

This is a discussion on Lets try this again, improved pics of the CME setup within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by Z28Thunder Next year is the way it is looking now.... <---Tom...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Next year is the way it is looking now....
    <---Tom

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Y2K, I'm sure you've been asked...and I'm sure you've posted it somewhere, but would you mind steering me in the direction of how you do up your engine bay, I seen some pics of it somewhere one day and my eyes bulged outta my head, probably the best I've ever seen.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    Y2K, I'm sure you've been asked...and I'm sure you've posted it somewhere, but would you mind steering me in the direction of how you do up your engine bay, I seen some pics of it somewhere one day and my eyes bulged outta my head, probably the best I've ever seen.
    Thanks for the compliments and I don't mind answering any questions, but I am unsure exactly what you are wanting to know. Are you wanting to know how I cleaned it or where I got specific parts?

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Thanks for the compliments and I don't mind answering any questions, but I am unsure exactly what you are wanting to know. Are you wanting to know how I cleaned it or where I got specific parts?
    How you cleaned it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

How you cleaned it.
    Simple green and low pressure rinse at the carwash. I hand wiped all the areas with a rag and more Simple green that were missed at the carwash. And I use Mothers polish to polish up the dryer unit, the throttle body and ABS. I have painted and powdercoated lots of parts which make them look nice and clean as well.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Simple green and low pressure rinse at the carwash. I hand wiped all the areas with a rag and more Simple green that were missed at the carwash. And I use Mothers polish to polish up the dryer unit, the throttle body and ABS. I have painted and powdercoated lots of parts which make them look nice and clean as well.
    Did you cover any parts before the rinse and if so, which ones and what did you use to cover?

Which Simple Green did you use, I think they make more than one kind, did you dilute it and how long did you leave it on?

You don't use anything after the rinse, like something that makes for shine or to protect?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Did you cover any parts before the rinse and if so, which ones and what did you use to cover?

Which Simple Green did you use, I think they make more than one kind, did you dilute it and how long did you leave it on?

You don't use anything after the rinse, like something that makes for shine or to protect?
    I didn't cover any parts, I just leave the motor running while rinsing and let it run until its dry. I don't let it soak long either, its recommended not to let it soak more than 10 minutes I believe. Simple green concentrate is what I use and I do not dilute it any. I have never used anything afterward for a shine, I know some people spray armor all on with the motor running and let it bake on though.

To maintain it once you get your desired look, I use an air hose to blow the dust off. I suspect a high powered leaf blower would work also, maybe not quite as well in the confined spots though. My Camaro hasn't seen a carwash in a year now, but I only drive it during nice weather too.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I didn't cover any parts, I just leave the motor running while rinsing and let it run until its dry. I don't let it soak long either, its recommended not to let it soak more than 10 minutes I believe. Simple green concentrate is what I use and I do not dilute it any. I have never used anything afterward for a shine, I know some people spray armor all on with the motor running and let it bake on though.

To maintain it once you get your desired look, I use an air hose to blow the dust off. I suspect a high powered leaf blower would work also, maybe not quite as well in the confined spots though. My Camaro hasn't seen a carwash in a year now, but I only drive it during nice weather too.
    Thank you...damn it looks that good with no product, wonder what it would look like with CD2 on it, I just ordered that stuff, so I'm gonna pick up some SG from Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thank you...damn it looks that good with no product, wonder what it would look like with CD2 on it, I just ordered that stuff, so I'm gonna pick up some SG from Wal-Mart tomorrow.
    Glad to help ya. Can't wait to see pictures of your

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Glad to help ya. Can't wait to see pictures of your
    Cool...I will get pics up as soon as she's done.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Dont forget the q tips and magnifying glass when cleaning under the hood if you want it as clean as Pewters! LOL I am almost sure I read a post where Pewter admitted to waxing the bottom of his camaro!!! Now thats going the extra mile! Just playing Pewter-I never liked the CM exhaust until I saw it on your car-I was actually worried it wouldnt look good on your car when I read you were planning to put one on but I was wrong again.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Dont forget the q tips and magnifying glass when cleaning under the hood if you want it as clean as Pewters! LOL I am almost sure I read a post where Pewter admitted to waxing the bottom of his camaro!!! Now thats going the extra mile! Just playing Pewter-I never liked the CM exhaust until I saw it on your car-I was actually worried it wouldnt look good on your car when I read you were planning to put one on but I was wrong again.

You forced me to admit it, but I actually have detailer's Q-tips, they are shaped to a point on one end and a flat spade on the other.

Magnifying glass....mmmmmmmmm.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post

You are correct on the polishing underneath the car, I am guilty, and its probably getting it again tomorrow

What is it you don't like about the CME if you don't mind me asking?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

You forced me to admit it, but I actually have detailer's Q-tips, they are shaped to a point on one end and a flat spade on the other.

Magnifying glass....mmmmmmmmm.

Detailer's Q-tips,paint brushes,tooth brush.. etc. Alot of different things to get to places you cant with hands.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

You are correct on the polishing underneath the car, I am guilty, and its probably getting it again tomorrow

Underneath is clean here (not as clean as yours).. But it if looked lke the top heck yes I would polish it. Now polishing the drive shaft?????

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

The CME just didnt look right on the car I saw it on I dont know why-just didnt appeal to me. It looks great on your car though. I was wondering if they made a body piece that attaches to the bumper and instead of the hole in the middle for the CME- it have a opening on each side for a regular dual exhaust?

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I just took all the tire's off, sprayed the wheel wells with Dow foaming BR cleaner, then took a Griot's Garage wheel well brush and a bucket of Meg's Gold class shampoo, and went to town.
    To get the suds and shit off...since it was in my garage and I couldn't use a hose, I sprayed it all off with distilled water, then a nice fat coating of Stoner's Trim Shine, they look perfect.

Now as crazy as that is (to some)...I am NOT polishing my driveshaft...least not the one under my car.

What I am thinking about polishing is the calipers, but I'm talking off the car, since it's my DD, I'm thinking about getting new ones and while I'm at it SS brake lines, but then sometimes I think painted red looks sweet, so I keep goin back n' forth.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

the car is looking great. i like the interior pieces. pewter is the only color they look good in.not to flashy.just right.keep it up man

Below is the pic I was speaking of that gave me the idea. I think the pewter inserts on the seats tie it all together real well. The pewter door pieces are just too much IMO.

Click for full size

who owns this car? u think those seat sre the seat covers that everyone's getting from ebay?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post
    the car is looking great. i like the interior pieces. pewter is the only color they look good in.not to flashy.just right.keep it up man

who owns this car? u think those seat sre the seat covers that everyone's getting from ebay?

Its no one from this site. Those aren't the ebay seat covers, he did that a long time ago and IIRC he had the inserts redone that way.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Any pics of the hangers yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information