Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Let's See your Pod Gauges

This is a discussion on Let's See your Pod Gauges within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; Hey guys, just interested in seeing what set ups you have with your pod gauges. Post some pics up. Thanks!...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Sticks, TN
    Posts
    5

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    Let's See your Pod Gauges

    Hey guys, just interested in seeing what set ups you have with your pod gauges. Post some pics up. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Sticks, TN
    Posts
    5

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    Thanks ls1Camino, ^^ Beautful T/A you've got there.

  4. #4
    Junior Member NIGHTMAREWS.6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Posts
    32

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2002 WS.6 Build #12425

    Here ya go, day and night.



  5. #5
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JLRSS View Post
    Thanks ls1Camino, ^^ Beautful T/A you've got there.
    Thanks, I'm going to attempt a fabrication of a pod that goes on the dash...recent attempts by non-OCD individuals have failed, I tihnk I will succeed

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Sticks, TN
    Posts
    5

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS

    Haha!, well good luck man hope all goes well!!!

  7. #7
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,188

    Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss




  8. #8
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    does anyone supply a tripod A-Pillar for convertible TA's?

  9. #9
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    does anyone supply a tripod A-Pillar for convertible TA's?
    It SHOULD be the same as the T-Top/Hardtop...the pillars don't change.

  10. #10
    Crazy Canuck ! Eugenio_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, CANADA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,190

    triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    does anyone supply a tripod A-Pillar for convertible TA's?
    I have it on mine... same part as t-top.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

  11. #11
    Member Bouvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    857

    Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    I have it on mine... same part as t-top.
    oh I thought they would be the same but everytime you see them advertised they always say "for t-tops only"

  12. #12
    The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Manlius, Il.
    Posts
    176

    Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

    I just installed an A pillar tri-gauge pod on my T/A. One of them is a electric fuel pressure gauge and came with a sending unit to hook into the fuel rail. I've been trying to find out where it goes but haven't found it. Tech support said I had to buy an adapter that would allow it to thread to the schrader valve. Has anyone hooked up an electrical fuel press. gauge? And if so could you tip me off on how to do this? Also a trans temp gauge, where does that hook up to? I know on the transmission but where?

  13. #13
    Junior Member AtLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    65

    Bright Metallic Blue A4
    1999 WS9

    Quote Originally Posted by !!!FAST!!! View Post
    I just installed an A pillar tri-gauge pod on my T/A. One of them is a electric fuel pressure gauge and came with a sending unit to hook into the fuel rail. I've been trying to find out where it goes but haven't found it. Tech support said I had to buy an adapter that would allow it to thread to the schrader valve. Has anyone hooked up an electrical fuel press. gauge? And if so could you tip me off on how to do this? Also a trans temp gauge, where does that hook up to? I know on the transmission but where?
    Fuel gauge cant help you.

    Transmission is easy. Just drop the pan and drill a hole in it to put a drain plug fitting into. Then your sensor screws in to that. Here's a hot tip. I put mine in the bottom in an area away from any moving parts. What I should have done was mounted it in the back side of the pan. That way you don't lose any ground clearance. I'm always paranoid about driving over something and ripping it out but so far 9 years and 42k later I still haven't done it. One of these days I'll just replace the pan and do it right.

    BTW I have the triple gauge set up. I put switches next to each gauge in the pod. When I wired them in each gauge becomes dual purpose.
    Oil temp does both oil and transmission.
    Fuel mix does left and right bank.
    Head temperature does left and right bank.

    Sorry no pictures handy. Trust me. It's nice.

  14. #14
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Ignore the factory gauges...car didn't have a computer (or motor) when I took the picture.



  15. #15
    The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Manlius, Il.
    Posts
    176

    Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

    Quote Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
    Fuel gauge cant help you.

    Transmission is easy. Just drop the pan and drill a hole in it to put a drain plug fitting into. Then your sensor screws in to that. Here's a hot tip. I put mine in the bottom in an area away from any moving parts. What I should have done was mounted it in the back side of the pan. That way you don't lose any ground clearance. I'm always paranoid about driving over something and ripping it out but so far 9 years and 42k later I still haven't done it. One of these days I'll just replace the pan and do it right.

    BTW I have the triple gauge set up. I put switches next to each gauge in the pod. When I wired them in each gauge becomes dual purpose.
    Oil temp does both oil and transmission.
    Fuel mix does left and right bank.
    Head temperature does left and right bank.

    Sorry no pictures handy. Trust me. It's nice.

    Thanks for your help I will keep that in mind for the trans temp. And thats a great idea for the switches. How did you wire that up?

  16. #16
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Ignore the factory gauges...car didn't have a computer (or motor) when I took the picture.


    Click for full size
    mr. luos i see a narow band a/f right? did you split a o2 for the computer or get one just for it? and how did you hook up your fuel pres. ?

  17. #17
    Junior Member AtLarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    65

    Bright Metallic Blue A4
    1999 WS9

    Quote Originally Posted by !!!FAST!!! View Post
    Thanks for your help I will keep that in mind for the trans temp. And thats a great idea for the switches. How did you wire that up?
    I just went to Radio Shaft and bought 3 of the smallest DPST switches with bat handles I could find. Wired them up before the gauges and after the signal source. The computer has a seperate left and right bank so you need two wires from there. Just make sure your banks match for A/F mixture and head temperature. The head, oil and tranny are single sources. Just just wire them whichever way makes sense to you and I'm talking about left and right throw of the switches.

    I wish they made a gauge pod for the passenger side. I see a company called Glowshift has a generic for that but I haven't tried it and I doubt the angles would look identical but reversed to the ones we have now. They are only $18 so I may try it just for grins.

  18. #18
    The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Manlius, Il.
    Posts
    176

    Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

    Quote Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
    I just went to Radio Shaft and bought 3 of the smallest DPST switches with bat handles I could find. Wired them up before the gauges and after the signal source. The computer has a seperate left and right bank so you need two wires from there. Just make sure your banks match for A/F mixture and head temperature. The head, oil and tranny are single sources. Just just wire them whichever way makes sense to you and I'm talking about left and right throw of the switches.

    I wish they made a gauge pod for the passenger side. I see a company called Glowshift has a generic for that but I haven't tried it and I doubt the angles would look identical but reversed to the ones we have now. They are only $18 so I may try it just for grins.

    That's the gauges I have for my car (Glowshift). They are decent gauges and the pod was pretty easy to hook up. They need to get a little more specific in their directions though. Thanks for the tips I will have to give that a try.

  19. #19
    JUISSED Midnight02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    37
    Posts
    663

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

    One during the day and one at night....

    Auto Meter Cobalt -- Nitrous Pressure, Fuel Pressure and Wideband O2.

    Sorry for the crappy picture quality.



    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.


    1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

  20. #20
    400rwhp::370rwtq Lucky 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Posts
    343

    Black
    2002 T/A WS.6 -- ASC#12

    Quote Originally Posted by !!!FAST!!! View Post
    I just installed an A pillar tri-gauge pod on my T/A. One of them is a electric fuel pressure gauge and came with a sending unit to hook into the fuel rail. I've been trying to find out where it goes but haven't found it. Tech support said I had to buy an adapter that would allow it to thread to the schrader valve. Has anyone hooked up an electrical fuel press. gauge? And if so could you tip me off on how to do this? Also a trans temp gauge, where does that hook up to? I know on the transmission but where?
    Look in this picture right above the red wiring to the TB, there is a blue fitting, thats where it goes, its the front of the fuel rail on the drivers side, there should be a test port there, should take a cap off and the thread your fitting there, assuming they gave you one?!?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. gauges
    By JoshuaGrooms83 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
  2. Gauges
    By jamessr in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
  3. Phantom Gauges,white Gauges(lt1),gauge Pod
    By onefastbird! in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 04:20 PM
  4. New Gauges
    By CYCLONE GREY GTO in forum GTO
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. any have gauges
    By ls1marine in forum Western Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •