Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyed! WTF?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Keyed! WTF?

So I went in to prepay for gas cause all our stations are gay. and I got a drink too, well when I came out I had two nice new racing stripes....except they were down the sides, and applied with a key to my black paint! what kind of a$$hole does this!? Is there anything anyone can suggest to maybe fill them in or help make them less prominent. I just got it out of the shop and don't have cash to repaint both rear QP's and Doors!

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I don't know man, all I can do is sympathize and say I'm really sorry to hear that. You filed a police report, right? Yeah I had a couple of guys throw their McDonalds leftovers all over my interior once when I had the windows down. I was only inside for 7 minutes, but some guys had made some stupid comments when I was on my way into McD's, and I was pretty certain that they did it. A couple of days later, I saw them cruisin' around (small town... stupid friggin punks) so I chased 'em down, called in their plate, explained the situation to dispatch, and went to the local station to file a report. Right after I left, the officer on duty went to the kid's house to pay him a bit of a visit. Anyway, if you have any ideas on who may have done that, follow up on it. It can't hurt. And it sucks and it is ridiculous and I have no idea why people do stupid stuff like that either.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Oh and thin stripes down the sides are pinstripes, not racing stripes.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

insurance-that's vandelism

dude, why do stupid people gotta pull that **** ? sorry to hear that man

red
    02 trans am ws6

The gas station should have video...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    The gas station should have video...
    I agree...don't go down easy. Do what you can to fin out who it was. That is some hater shit at it's worst right there. Do you have good insurance and deductible. Damn! Not even my car and I am pissed! All I have to say is Karma is a bitch

Artic White
    98 Trans Am

if it was at a gas station, don't they have video camera's pointing at the pumps? maybe one of them caught it and maybe you can get plate numbers...

Black

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Oh and thin stripes down the sides are pinstripes, not racing stripes.
    Oh HAHA. :

I filed a police report, and the place had video cameras, but they sucked and the sun was glaring right into it. I don't know anyone who would want to do something like that. the cop showed, after an hour he was going to take the video and see if he could clean it up.
    Last edited by sharptransam; 07-09-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Oh HAHA. :

I filed a police report, and the place had video cameras, but they sucked and the sun was glaring right into it. I don't know anyone who would want to do something like that.
    You haven't had any issues with anyone have you? Crazy ex, messed around with someone's old lady? Pissed any ricers off? Bar fights? I can't see why someone would do that in such a public place, broad daylight...I'm guessing punk ass kids.

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

that really sucks...well at least they didnt break all ur windows with an ax and slammed the ax twice into ur door.....

Black

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeRmAn23 View Post
    that really sucks...well at least they didnt break all ur windows with an ax and slammed the ax twice into ur door.....
    ^ Where the Fu#% did that come from!? Thats horrible!

Artic White
    98 Trans Am

i did have someone cut into my convertible top one night and steal my pos radar detector... i was pissed for the first day, but then realized that in finally get a new top at the cost of $500. so in the end, it worked out since my convertible top had a small hole forming.

Red
    1999 Trans am WS7

So I went in to prepay for gas cause all our stations are gay. and I got a drink too, well when I came out I had two nice new racing stripes....except they were down the sides, and applied with a key to my black paint! what kind of a$$hole does this!? Is there anything anyone can suggest to maybe fill them in or help make them less prominent. I just got it out of the shop and don't have cash to repaint both rear QP's and Doors!

Well, it all depends on how deep your scratches are. Is it all the way down to the metal or are they just scratches in your clear coat? (You still can see color in the scratch)

1. If its not all the way to the metal. (You can still see color)

Buy some clear coat and a little paint brush. fill your scratch up with the clear. make sure you over fill the scratch, to make sure its full. then let it dry over night. Then WET sand the clear with 1500 grit until your panel is smooth. Be careful sanding. Then buff where you sanded with compound, to bring back your shine. After compound, then buff using shine, a glaze, or a swirl remover product, that will take out all the little scratches that the compound made. That should hide it for the most part.

2. If its all they way to the metal. (base coat-clear coat)

You basicly do the same thing as in 1. But, you have to buy paint too. This could get really difficult! Use a little brush with your paint and fill the scratch in to give it back its color. BUT try NOT to get paint anywhere but in the scratch. If you get paint over the edge on the factory clear then it will show your scratch after you sand the clear later on. Not a big deal, but it wont come out as nice. Let the paint dry for a good half-hour. Then wet sand and buff.

The good thing about this is that your car is black. Black and white are two colors that hide these kind of things pretty good. The only thing is, if your paint has any kind of metallic in it, then it wont come out as nice. The metallic wont lay the same as when it came from the factory. I dont think the black on our cars has any metallic so it shouldnt be a problem. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Travis

white
    2002 z28

thats the worst and im a victom to that also, worked at a club for years and lots didnt like me kicking them out. if its light you might get away with it with some deep polishing but if its too deep your screwed. i think my bod shop gave me a 1500 estimate

Black

Nope. It's to the metal on both sides. I didn't piss anyone off, but I found out there there is a drug dealer in town with almost the exact same car. (Go Figure)
    and then I was pulling out of a different gas station last night, and some girl in a silver mustang drives right at me! then she pulls up and and goes 'Oh my god! I'm sorry. my boyfriend has the exact same car!" if my girlfriend acted like that I would run her over! It's amazing how many black T/A's there are!

Black

thanks for the good advice 36, i just hope I'm closer to di vinci than picasso...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

me thinks you need to ad some stripes or some kinda flame job to your ride...maybe people will realize you ain't who they think you are.

so is your insurance gonna cover it? This thread made me call my insurance to find out how they handle keying-they said it would be a vandalism/comprehensive claim and i'd only pay my deductable.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Nope. It's to the metal on both sides. I didn't piss anyone off, but I found out there there is a drug dealer in town with almost the exact same car. (Go Figure)
    and then I was pulling out of a different gas station last night, and some girl in a silver mustang drives right at me! then she pulls up and and goes 'Oh my god! I'm sorry. my boyfriend has the exact same car!" if my girlfriend acted like that I would run her over! It's amazing how many black T/A's there are!
    I know who that girl was.... ... she's scary.

Which gas station were you at?! I'm always afraid that will happen to my car someday. I'm really sorry you have to deal with it.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Its the most senseless act of cowardness. to key ones vehicle.
    Did you cut someone off, while driving. or flip someone off, earlier.
    Still makes no sense though
    I had that done to my 99 Camaro.
    I posted a 500.00 cash reward for info on who done it,
    Never did find out.
    but thank god for Insurance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information