Results 1 to 8 of 8

It's time to show off your Camaro Seat reupholstering

This is a discussion on It's time to show off your Camaro Seat reupholstering within the Appearance Section forums, part of the General Help category; I'm looking for pictures of reupholstered interiors. I'm very interested in Katzkin and Leatherseats.com products. Please post pics if you ...

  1. #1
    Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    228

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

    It's time to show off your Camaro Seat reupholstering

    I'm looking for pictures of reupholstered interiors. I'm very interested in Katzkin and Leatherseats.com products. Please post pics if you have them. I'm leaning toward a 2 tone style. I have nuetral interior seats now but I'm thinking of adding a black insert. What are your opinions and experience with installing.

  2. #2
    The One and Only ProjectCamaro.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Age
    34
    Posts
    181

    Red
    1999 Z28

    I'll have to get some pictures up but I have seat covers from LeatherSeats.com. I've been very happy with the customer service and the quality of the seats. Mine are completely black but that's the way I like them.
    I've had them probably three years or so now, driving the car all the time through summer, winter, everything. They still look like the day I got them, no wear on the driver's seat or anything. Plus they are much higher quality than anything GM could come out with.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Santee, CA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    95
    Heres mine:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/141098749dTWIuA
    and
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802745/3

    These were custom made, per my sketches, by Jim's Auto Upholstery, in San Diego, CA. Jim's also did the door panels. All materials, except for the piping and embroidery, are vat-dyed leather.
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

  4. #4
    Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    228

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro.com View Post
    I'll have to get some pictures up but I have seat covers from LeatherSeats.com. I've been very happy with the customer service and the quality of the seats. Mine are completely black but that's the way I like them.
    I've had them probably three years or so now, driving the car all the time through summer, winter, everything. They still look like the day I got them, no wear on the driver's seat or anything. Plus they are much higher quality than anything GM could come out with.
    I would love to see some pictures.

  5. #5
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by VChula View Post
    Heres mine:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/141098749dTWIuA
    and
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802745/3

    These were custom made, per my sketches, by Jim's Auto Upholstery, in San Diego, CA. Jim's also did the door panels. All materials, except for the piping and embroidery, are vat-dyed leather.
    those look awesome!! you should try and get a shift knob to match!
    very nice

  6. #6
    Member jmhvenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    32
    Posts
    823

    Silver
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by VChula View Post
    Heres mine:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/141098749dTWIuA
    and
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802745/3

    These were custom made, per my sketches, by Jim's Auto Upholstery, in San Diego, CA. Jim's also did the door panels. All materials, except for the piping and embroidery, are vat-dyed leather.
    How much?

  7. #7
    C Dave Go TheSilverSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perrysburg,Ohio
    Age
    73
    Posts
    503

    Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    those look awesome!! you should try and get a shift knob to match!
    very nice
    Agreed

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Santee, CA
    Age
    56
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    How much?
    $2,000 for the seats and door panels.

    Considering it would have cost me $500 to get a replacement leather front seat cover from GM, I'd say I did pretty well for the price I payed.

    As far as the shift knob goes, that particular style has been unobtainable since at least 1998.

    It is the knob that came with the Hurst shifter option on the 1996, and early 1997 SS cars. The one shown in the pictures has been restored by me. I had a friend create a metal Hurst "H" logo embossing die. I then obtained leather and recreated the patterns in CAD software - right down to the exact number of needle holes for each pattern section. I also replicated the stitching pattern to match the original cover. For now, I'll keep it as it is.

    (Perhaps later, I'll make another cover that has the Hurst "H" emboss stitched with red thread, or go with a red leather "H")

    Thanks to all for the compliments

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seat Time
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum General Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Seat Time
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
  3. pass time????the tv show
    By adam0321 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 05:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •